Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Having finally admitted that there was Russian interference in our election....

Yes and I'm 100% right, stupid.

923. 18 U.S.C. § 371—Conspiracy to Defraud the United States

The general conspiracy statute, 18 U.S.C. § 371, creates an offense "f two or more persons conspire either to commit any offense against the United States, or to defraud the United States, or any agency thereof in any manner or for any purpose. (emphasis added). See Project, Tenth Annual Survey of White Collar Crime, 32 Am. Crim. L. Rev. 137, 379-406 (1995)(generally discussing § 371).

The operative language is the so-called "defraud clause," that prohibits conspiracies to defraud the United States. This clause creates a separate offense from the "offense clause" in Section 371. Both offenses require the traditional elements of Section 371 conspiracy, including an illegal agreement, criminal intent, and proof of an overt act.

https://www.justice.gov/usam/criminal-resource-manual-923-18-usc-371-conspiracy-defraud-us

You are too stupid to even read and understand the code YOU posted. 

16 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

You are trying to explain a law to me that you said doesn’t exist.

Guess what. You aren’t a lawyer. You aren’t a military tactician either. 

We have four cooperating witnesses so far. Three of them from inside the Trump campaign. Two of them high level members. But Flynn probably really doesn’t have a story that he wants to tell.

Could you please tell me what you consider the biggest bombshells from the Nunes memo?

I've gone over all of this with you before. I can't help it if you can't comprehend it. 

1 hour ago, Rebelbacker said:

The general conspiracy statute, 18 U.S.C. § 371, creates an offense "f two or more persons conspire either to commit any offense against the United States, or to defraud the United States, or any agency thereof in any manner or for any purpose. (emphasis added). See Project, Tenth Annual Survey of White Collar Crime, 32 Am. Crim. L. Rev. 137, 379-406 (1995)(generally discussing § 371).

The operative language is the so-called "defraud clause," that prohibits conspiracies to defraud the United States. This clause creates a separate offense from the "offense clause" in Section 371. Both offenses require the traditional elements of Section 371 conspiracy, including an illegal agreement, criminal intent, and proof of an overt act.

https://www.justice.gov/usam/criminal-resource-manual-923-18-usc-371-conspiracy-defraud-us

So first it doesn’t exist, then it does exist, and now it doesn’t exist again. Gotcha.

Despite all of the name calling. Manafort has been charged with Conspiricy against the United States. Not conspiricy to defraud the United States. But I suppose Mueller doesn’t understand the law either. Or are you claiming that Mueller charged him with crimes that don’t exist?

Conspiricy against the United States. And conspiricy to defraud the United States, appear to be very two similar but separate crimes covered by the same code.

5 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

I encourage you to review Hammerschmidt v. United States.

To conspire to defraud the United States means primarily to cheat the government out of property or money, but it also means to interfere with or obstruct one of its lawful governmental functions by deceit, craft or trickery, or at least by means that are dishonest. It is not necessary that the government shall be subjected to property or pecuniary loss by the fraud, but only that its legitimate official action and purpose shall be defeated by misrepresentation, chicane, or the overreaching of those charged with carrying out the governmental intention.

5 hours ago, retrofade said:

I encourage you to review Hammerschmidt v. United States.

I am sorry but if you can't understand that any political position anywhere on the spectrum.  Is first a matter of free speech protected by the constitution and second, could be reasonably held by many in the population.   You are a fucking moron, which of course we already knew.

You cannot prosecute someone for conspiring to hold a political view or the republicans and democrats would both be in jail.  Even if the political view is lets be nice to russians.   That is just plain idiotic to even suggest it.  

12 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

I am sorry but if you can't understand that any political position anywhere on the spectrum.  Is first a matter of free speech protected by the constitution and second, could be reasonably held by many in the population.   You are a fucking moron, which of course we already knew.

You cannot prosecute someone for conspiring to hold a political view or the republicans and democrats would both be in jail.  Even if the political view is lets be nice to russians.   That is just plain idiotic to even suggest it.  

Not if the Russians pay you to have that view.

3 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

Whether the russians pay you or not, you can promote any view you want in this country.  It is protected by the first amendment to constitution, you know free speech.

Uh, no you can’t.

11 CFR 110.20

52 USC 30121

36 USC 510

18 U.S.C. § 201