Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Fresno State at UNLV

5 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Learn to read. I never said that the defense looked impressive, I said that it looked decent. 

That being said, our shot defense looks good now, and our overall defense looks really good.

10 minutes ago, VincentVegaBond said:

I disagree. I don't think Fresno's D has been especially impressive so far (SDSU's sure was). Rebels just look like they've never touched a basketball before in their lives.

This is a f'ing travesty to this point.

It’s a Game of poke poke poke everything away from UNLV. But I get it. A lot easier to blame your team than credit the other one. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

3 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

It’s a Game of poke poke poke everything away from UNLV. But I get it. A lot easier to blame your team than credit the other one. 

Even Carter has been really impressive, fouls or no. 

3 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

It’s a Game of poke poke poke away from UNLV. But I get it. A lot easier to blame your team than credit the other one. 

Not even remotely true. I credited other teams (like SDSU) when i saw them playing dominant and intimidating D. Not saying Fresno's D is bad per se, just UNLV is beating themselves IMO.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

Just now, VincentVegaBond said:

Not even remotely true. I credited other teams (like SDSU) when i saw them playing dominant and intimidating D. Not saying Fresno's D is bad per se, just UNLV is beating themselves IMO.

K. Stick to bad pregame jokes. 

8 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

K. Stick to bad pregame jokes. 

Sorry I hurt your feelings, champ.

One thing i'm sure we both agree on, Fresno is the far better team on the court tonight.

About the turnovers, i'd say most of them were unforced and the result of dribbling off their leg (hello Clyburn!!), whiffing on passes (wussup Diong!) And otherworldly sloppy passes in general. A lot of their missed shots were open or bunnies that just missed badly.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

3 minutes ago, VincentVegaBond said:

One thing i'm sure we both agree on, Fresno is the far better team on the court tonight.

About the turnovers, i'd say most of them were unforced and the result of dribbling off their leg (hello Clyburn!!), whiffing on passes (wussup Diong!) And otherworldly sloppy passes in general. A lot of their missed shots were open or bunnies that just missed badly.

AKA: Fresno only looks good tonight because UNLV looks bad.

Stupid.

11 minutes ago, VincentVegaBond said:

Didn’t hurt my feelings at all. Mostly just cringed for you. 

If you had the luxury of watching it on ESPN3, they've said a few times this is the best defensive effort they’ve seen all year from a MWC team. Not that the announcers are the final word, but they do watch a lot of MWC basketball, including your last Game vs SDSU. And I’ll take their opinion over yours.