Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boise fan

Trump Cons Attack Olympic Athletes On Twitter

52 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

Well that was my point. Twitter opinions shouldn't ever be considered valid.

I think the main problem with social media, and even message boards, is anonymity. When no one knows your name you can say whatever you want with no consequences. I'm as guilty at times here as anyone else. 

Make it that you can't be anonymous and maybe some civility returns. Just an idea. 

5 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

Well that was my point. Twitter opinions shouldn't ever be considered valid.

Even when it’s (gulp) the primary means of communication of the most powerful man(child) in the world?

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

6 hours ago, Boise fan said:

So you can't see the irony of Trump morons going on Twitter attacking US Olympians saying essentially that they should just shut up and perform their sport?

Okay.

No. I don't. In point of fact I think it's s damn good idea.

What makes you think its a good idea for them to go to a foreign country and insult the president WHEN the point of the Olympics is to set politics aside and and play games. Phuck them.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

5 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

What makes you think its a good idea for them to go to a foreign country and insult the president WHEN the point of the Olympics is to set politics aside and and play games. Phuck them.

I have no problem criticizing the president or the government of the United States while in a foreign country. In fact, I encourage it. So phuck me. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

12 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I have no problem criticizing the president or the government of the United States while in a foreign country. In fact, I encourage it. So phuck me. 

Yep

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 hour ago, SDSUfan said:

Maybe you ask Pence that.  His display was pretty petulant. 

Too bad you don't recognize irony.  We're living in a time where it is more prevalent and in your face than ever before.  At least in my lifetime. 

Might be good for you to recognize it.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

That First Amendment is a pretty awful thing isn't it?!?

Nope.  Once again you idiot,  YOU get to say something, I get to disagree.

I'd do pictograms but I'm a terrible artist.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

30 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

Maybe you ask Pence that.  His display was pretty petulant. 

Too bad you don't recognize irony.  We're living in a time where it is more prevalent and in your face than ever before.  At least in my lifetime. 

Might be good for you to recognize it.

No doubt, Irony abounds.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

15 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Nope.  Once again you idiot,  YOU get to say something, I get to disagree.

I'd do pictograms but I'm a terrible artist.

So what's your end game here? Do you want to prevent people from speaking their mind while overseas? It's one thing to say you disagree with them but to say they shouldn't do it at all implies there should be some sort of ban or punishment. Do clarify.  

6 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

25B29440-53F4-480D-A32F-D0FCD2333D99.png

TDS is apparently only half as potent as ODS, which has somehow lasted longer than Obama's 8 years in office. 

I think it may be true that conservatives aren't as sharp with irony, not sure why, but their focus on liberal response to Trump is odd considering the sustained diarrhea explosion they suffered while Obama was in office. Makes TDS seem quaint. 

2 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Even when it’s (gulp) the primary means of communication of the most powerful man(child) in the world?

Communication is a 2-way means, with a sender and receiver.  Just like posts on this board.  There is trolling.  We can ignore, we can reply, we can participate in dialogue or not.  What's Trump communicating and why?  What's he trying to accomplish?  I hate giving Trump credit, but perhaps, just perhaps, the guy is shooting fish in a barrel.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

2 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Communication is a 2-way means, with a sender and receiver.  Just like posts on this board.  There is trolling.  We can ignore, we can reply, we can participate in dialogue or not.  What's Trump communicating and why?  What's he trying to accomplish?  I hate giving Trump credit, but perhaps, just perhaps, the guy is shooting fish in a barrel.

Let's assume you're right. You don't find that alarming? 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

What exactly has he achieved on twitter that, is or will, help the American people more than it might harm international relations or our very own citizens ability to come together aside from the government? Honestly, besides trying to save his ass from pending legal doom, what is he doing online for me and you...regular folk?

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

It's a free country, right.  Any athlete can say whatever they want.  The problem I have with Boise's post is to then criticize another citizen for criticizing that athlete.  WTF?

It's no different than Lebron criticizing the POTUS and Ingraham criticizing Lebron.  If one is cool, both are cool.

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

It's a free country, right.  Any athlete can say whatever they want.  The problem I have with Boise's post is to then criticize another citizen for criticizing that athlete.  WTF?

It's no different than Lebron criticizing the POTUS and Ingraham criticizing Lebron.  If one is cool, both are cool.

My opinion is that everyone should be free to criticize the president and the government as much as they please ... but by the same token, they also have to expect to be criticized themselves. That's part of living in a free society. No individual or institution should be exempt from public criticism. 

9 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

TDS is apparently only half as potent as ODS, which has somehow lasted longer than Obama's 8 years in office. 

I think it may be true that conservatives aren't as sharp with irony, not sure why, but their focus on liberal response to Trump is odd considering the sustained diarrhea explosion they suffered while Obama was in office. Makes TDS seem quaint. 

LOL, if you say so...  I don’t think the backlash against Obama was nearly this bad!  

E2D62544-A5DC-4E29-8E8A-B00C47A697B3.gif

v0icAvfW.jpg

3 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

What exactly has he achieved on twitter that, is or will, help the American people more than it might harm international relations or our very own citizens ability to come together aside from the government? Honestly, besides trying to save his ass from pending legal doom, what is he doing online for me and you...regular folk?

I don't understand this new social media dynamic so I really can't answer your question, much less answering with exact detail.

I've got some of my very best friends from high school and college and I'm shocked at the shyt they post on facebook.  It embarrasses me as a good friend of theirs.  I watched a video that a city councilman posted on facebook over the weekend.  The very worst I've seen shared on social media (calling people out, laced with f-bombs, disgraceful and disgusting).  Most of the responses were his supporters giving him kudos and such.

Accomplishes?  Results?  The economy is kicking and my business is doing very well.  My 401(k) is increasing to all time highs.  is it because of Trumps tweets - no.  But life has improved for me quite substantially this past year.  In business, I focus on the results more than I do the methodology.  All my millennials tell me to let them so their jobs their way and they'll accomplish the task and they do.  I don't understand their process, but it works.