Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

OT: Disneyland Gear Report

Drove down to Disneyland today.  Went to Downtown Disneyland tonight. Here is the report.  

1 Fresno State sweatshirt 

1 Texas sweatshirt

1 University of Pacific 

1 Nevada jacket (this was me but it counts, I think)

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, thelawlorfaithful said:

How crowded is it? How’s the weather?

It was crowded tonight but we didn’t go to the park.  Tomorrow it’s supposed to be 75 and I expect it to be crowded.  Also going to the park Monday and it’s on going to be 61 or so.  Tonight it was a little chilly.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

33 minutes ago, mugtang said:

It was crowded tonight but we didn’t go to the park.  Tomorrow it’s supposed to be 75 and I expect it to be crowded.  Also going to the park Monday and it’s on going to be 61 or so.  Tonight it was a little chilly.  

Damn you.  I'll be thinking of you on Monday when we have a predicted high of 21 and a low of 1.

Have a good time!

Suppose to be in the 30s with a chance of snow here as well on Monday. However with the three day weekend i would expect it be busy. This was the time of year we used to go to Disneyland because it was light on the crowds and all that. However they say now pretty much you have real busy, medium busy and a little busy.

3 hours ago, mugtang said:

Drove down to Disneyland today.  Went to Downtown Disneyland tonight. Here is the report.  

1 Texas sweatshirt

1 University of Pacific 

GEAR UPDATES ARE NOT “OT!!!”

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

The good news is the So Cal Residents passes should be blocked out for winter break. The bad news is everyone is making it rain with that #trumpmoney! If you're staying past the weekend, save Disneyland for the weekday. It's wall to wall by lunchtime on weekends. Go to California Adventure instead. 

If you're just down for he weekend, then try to hit the lines at least a half an hour before park open. That's actually good advice for any trip. Can be tough though.

Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 7.59.11 AM.png

I've been there when they have sold out, we have a routine... disneyland first thing, hit indiana jones and make a loop, pirates (my kids' favorite), haunted mansion, splash mountain, thunder mountain, matterhorn, and over to space mountain for fast passes. by then it's crowded, so over to cal adventure for a few hours, and back to the hotel to chill for an hour or two. then back over to do the other side of the park, and just wander. the matterhorn is fun at night, and the line goes pretty fast, thunder mountain is fun then as well, same with the jungle cruise. but we don't usually hang out for the parades/shows, (although one time when my daughter was in high school we went to the electrical parade and dopey hit on her, lol) so sometimes the lines are small then..but it's been 2 or 3 years since i've been there, and there are new things now, so who knows.

have a great time, and have fun watching the people, as well. :D

The Fastpass tickets that pop out after you scan your park ticket are only reminders now. You have to scan your PARK TICKET at the start and the end of the FP line. It's really cut down on all the scammers who were hoarding FPs.

I haven't bothered to pay for it yet, but for an extra ten bucks per day, you can forget about walking to all the FP distribution points and do it all on the app. I've heard nothing but good things about it from people who've used it.

Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 7.59.11 AM.png

26 minutes ago, AlvinLee said:

The Fastpass tickets that pop out after you scan your park ticket are only reminders now. You have to scan your PARK TICKET at the start and the end of the FP line. It's really cut down on all the scammers who were hoarding FPs.

I haven't bothered to pay for it yet, but for an extra ten bucks per day, you can forget about walking to all the FP distribution points and do it all on the app. I've heard nothing but good things about it from people who've used it.

That was actually my plan.  I have a friend who suggested I do that. 

5 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

GEAR UPDATES ARE NOT “OT!!!”

My bad...

9 hours ago, mugtang said:

1 Texas sweatshirt

1 University of Pacific 

How was the drive, how long did it take? Been debating next time we go if I should drive or fly again with two youngsters 

Just now, Jaredcg said:

How was the drive, how long did it take? Been debating next time we go if I should drive or fly again with two youngsters 

It was a long drive.  But we stopped in Sac to pick up my daughter’s grandma, had to make a stop in Turlock then cut across to 5 instead of taking 99.  I left Reno about 8:45 and we didn’t get to the hotel until 8pm. But we also spent 2 hours in LA traffic. 

One time when we went to Disneyland on a Friday they had a 7pm closing. We were late getting off a ride and most people had exited the park. Little did we know it reopened for a private event for Von's Supermarket employees until midnight. we stayed, acted like we belonged, no lines , we got to walk on any ride.we were very spoiled after that.

Just saw a Wolf Pack hat.  Not on me, surprisingly.  No CSU gear though. 

Welcome to Orange County, mug. There’s lots to do here besides Disneyland. You could go to the Richard Nixon library and learn about how the commies had it in for him. You could go to south coast plaza and play “count the Botox.” Or, for $20, my dad will drive you around and repeat, “I remember when this was all orange groves.”

Enjoy your trip!