Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

U.S. grand jury indicts 13 Russian nationals, three entities in alleged election meddling

1 minute ago, GoState99755 said:

¿Then why did El Donald denied it ad infinitum?

Because he's a very brash person with a history of making poor decisions on what to say or not say, getting bad advice.

1 minute ago, And? said:

Because he's a very brash person with a history of making poor decisions on what to say or not say, getting bad advice.

Thank You!!!

4 minutes ago, happycamper said:

This Russia investigation is turning into a hideous mirror. Liberals see it as a one way ticket to getting rid of what they see as a cross between Sauron and Simple Jack whereas diehard trumpers dismiss it as if "violating our sovereignty" is no big deal because the libz care about it.

There's been disappointingly few people who have said, "regardless of who benefited from what, our election infrastructure is obviously vulnerable - more vulnerable than it used to be - to being sabatoged by any malicious actor with a modicum of resources, what can we do to secure the fundamental nature of the republic?"

That's been the most concerning part of this to me from the beginning.... especially now that multiple agencies have stated the interference was legitimate, and nobody is willing to do anything to try and protect our elections this year.

18 minutes ago, pokerider said:

Because it was always being painted as Russian collusion.   

GREAT...then deny the collusion.  His statements that he believed Putin's claim the Russians had no involvement in the elections makes him & the country look stupid.

2 minutes ago, happycamper said:

This Russia investigation is turning into a hideous mirror. Liberals see it as a one way ticket to getting rid of what they see as a cross between Sauron and Simple Jack whereas diehard trumpers dismiss it as if "violating our sovereignty" is no big deal because the libz care about it.

There's been disappointingly few people who have said, "regardless of who benefited from what, our election infrastructure is obviously vulnerable - more vulnerable than it used to be - to being sabatoged by any malicious actor with a modicum of resources, what can we do to secure the fundamental nature of the republic?"

The liberals in charge have never tried to get to the truth, they only wanted to bring down Trump and they thought connecting Trump to any Russian meddling would do that.  If it was just Russian meddling, without any specifics regarding Trump, there wouldn't have even been an investigation. 

27 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Keep hanging on to whatever helps you make it through your day.

Loser

Puppet. Coward. Punk bitch. Let’s call each other more names. It doesn’t change that you and people like you were tricked into voting for a bloviating old man who’d never had a job before. 

There is nothing more American than standing firm and resolute in the face of rational thought. We will never get better.

This is my last post in this thread.

Just now, pokerider said:

The liberals in charge have never tried to get to the truth, they only wanted to bring down Trump and they thought connecting Trump to any Russian meddling would do that.  If it was just Russian meddling, without any specifics regarding Trump, there wouldn't have even been an investigation. 

This is total bullshit and stupid on so many levels.

First off, the Republican leadership is supportive of the investigation. 

Secondly, the "liberals in charge" aren't. They're minority leaders. They have some power but they sure as hell aren't in charge. And... guess what? There's been whispers of maybe impeachment but there have been shouts of "election meddling". That's a totally different story.

Third, why do you think that the liberals don't care if the Russians meddle? Do you think that Russians have a hard on for republicans? No dude. They did what they could to decrease trust in the system itself. Hell if Bernie where the Democratic candidate don't you think they would have had bernie bro bots? Hell, what makes you think that htey DIDN'T have bernie bro bots?

You see everyone else as cynical and you don't seem to care because the other team is mad. You're happy to see Russia tromp all over our soveriegnty because, hey, libz mad! You are, in effect, more Republican than you are American.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

8 minutes ago, happycamper said:

How so?  Foreign powers spying & meddling into their enemies is standard operation procedure.  The indictment specifically says Trump campaign involvment was "unwitting." 

6 minutes ago, pokerider said:

Who are these "liberals in charge" you are referring to?

5 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Puppet. Coward. Punk bitch. Let’s call each other more names. It doesn’t change that you and people like you were tricked into voting for a bloviating old man who’d never had a job before. 

There is nothing more American than standing firm and resolute in the face of rational thought. We will never get better.

This is my last post in this thread.

Nobody needed to be tricked into voting against Hillary.

LOL

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 minute ago, happycamper said:

It's always been vulnerable and other nations have tried to subvert our democracy almost from inception. This isn't new. 

I'll agree that social media throws a new twist into this. The indictment clearly spells out that the goal was to incite chaos and they were successful. 

Let's not forget we aren't innocent here. The US has a long history of doing things like this all over the world. 

I'm not dismissing this at all and I don't think our intelligence services are either. There are plenty of things we could do to undermine Putin and I think we are. 

The danger to the Republic comes from within. All the Russians did was amplify our differences. If this nation fails it is because we allowed it to. 

19 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

And we interfere with theirs. That's how the game is played. Can you imagine the indictments that could be filed against US actors that have interfered with elections all over the world in the last 50 years? 

And everybody has spies but they still are in deep shit if caught.

2 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

It's always been vulnerable and other nations have tried to subvert our democracy almost from inception. This isn't new. 

I'll agree that social media throws a new twist into this. The indictment clearly spells out that the goal was to incite chaos and they were successful. 

Let's not forget we aren't innocent here. The US has a long history of doing things like this all over the world. 

I'm not dismissing this at all and I don't think our intelligence services are either. There are plenty of things we could do to undermine Putin and I think we are. 

The danger to the Republic comes from within. All the Russians did was amplify our differences. If this nation fails it is because we allowed it to. 

You & our intelligence srvcs aren't dismissing it...but El Donald is ad infinitum.

U.S. Intelligence saying there was Russian meddling in the 2016 election is like them saying XYZ terrorist group is planning something somewhere....as in to say its not news. If the ruskis stepped their game up, so be it. We're the ones who got caught with ours pants down and it its collective, systemic fault and certainly not intentionally, or otherwise, some masterplan of a big orange idiot.

Just now, toonkee said:

And everybody has spies but they still are in deep shit if caught.

Sure. Catching them is the tough part. 

What's the odds any of these guys see a day in a US court? I'd say 0.0. The Russians aren't going to extradite them and we aren't going to make a huge issue of it. The more I read this indictment the more I think it was just a PR statement.

53 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

DWLOFUnX4AIyumo.jpg:large

The interesting part of this to me is in #6 where it says some defendants communicated with "unwitting individuals associated with the Trump Campaign..."

Does this mean these Trump Campaign individuals are basically off the hook?  Unless of course, it is discovered in the future they were "witting".

Just seems interesting that the indictment mentioned Trump Campaign not knowingly a part of this.

Based on this alone...it's very hard to see this getting all the way to Trump himself.

3 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

You & our intelligence srvcs aren't dismissing it...but El Donald is ad infinitum.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I've heard him deny collusion hundreds of times. I've never heard him say that Russians never tried to interfere.

If I'm wrong please show me.