Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Scorcho

college basketball FBI probe ...

Ehh don't know if would put to much stock in that. If there is talks about that, those schools would probably threaten to sue saying they did nothing wrong and then NCAA would put up the white flags and say whatever you want to do is fine with us. You handle it internally.

2 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

Ehh don't know if would put to much stock in that. If there is talks about that, those schools would probably threaten to sue saying they did nothing wrong and then NCAA would put up the white flags and say whatever you want to do is fine with us. You handle it internally.

NCAA not involved here.  This is FBI.

19 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

NCAA not involved here.  This is FBI.

FBI has turned some stuff over to the NCAA about their investigation into the basketball situation. Also when the trial or trials begin in October, there will be more things presented that the NCAA will have access to as well since it will become public record at that point. 

NCAA, if they choose to, can have their fill with schools after the FBI case is wrapped up. NCAA will have access to loads of information that was uncovered with subpoenas, warrants since NCAA doesn't have any of that power.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

21 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Multiple sources who’ve been briefed on the case and are familiar with the material obtained by feds told Yahoo Sports that the impact on the sport will be substantial and relentless. Sitting under protective order right now are the fruits of 330 days of monitoring activity by the feds, which one assistant US Attorney noted Thursday was “a voluminous amount of material.” That includes wiretaps from 4,000 intercepted calls and thousands of documents and bank records obtained from raids and confiscated computers, including those from notorious NBA agent Andy Miller.

So how bad could be it? In terms of NCAA rules, multiple sources told Yahoo Sports that the material obtained threatens the fundamental structure and integrity of the sport, as there’s potentially as many 50 college basketball programs that could end up compromised in some way.

20 minutes ago, BacksThePack said:

Teams will have to vacate wins and that'll be all that happens.

Nah, this will go way deeper than that. If somehow the info gets out before ncaa tournament time this could help mwc get another school to the dance (assuming of course we are clean which who knows)

3 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

I don't really know how the NCAA will proceed with this info. I am hoping that what comes out of this mess is increased/renewed calls for congressional oversight of the NCAA.

Nothing I trust more than Congress

1 hour ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

Nah, this will go way deeper than that. If somehow the info gets out before ncaa tournament time this could help mwc get another school to the dance (assuming of course we are clean which who knows)

No way it moves that fast. 

31 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

This will drag out for a long time, then a lot of slaps on the wrist.  I have zero faith in the NCAA to do what's right.

I disagree.  With the depth and breadth of what’s going on, as well as the publicity it has received, I don’t see how the NCAA does anything shy of laying the hammer.  Otherwise, you may just see Congress step in (especially if the Dems take control during midterms) or something like that.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

1 hour ago, bornsilverandblue said:

I disagree.  With the depth and breadth of what’s going on, as well as the publicity it has received, I don’t see how the NCAA does anything shy of laying the hammer.  Otherwise, you may just see Congress step in (especially if the Dems take control during midterms) or something like that.

No.  I argued earlier that this was an FBI issue, not an NCAA issue.  Upon further review....it will become an NCAA issue.

When it hit's the NCAA's plate, it will go away.

"It's not an NCAA matter, the FBI has already handled what needs handled, and we are moving on". 

Congress is not interested, especially not the Dems.  It ain't happening.

God I hope Iowa State gets nailed after accusing us of buying players time after time.

I also hope we didn't buy players, lol, but I wouldn't be all that surprised if UNLV does get dragged into this.

When all of a sudden UNLV is pulling top 10 recruiting classes out of the blue, you have to wonder. 

1 minute ago, toonkee said:

God I hope Iowa State gets nailed after accusing us of buying players time after time.

I also hope we didn't buy players, lol, but I wouldn't be all that surprised if UNLV does get dragged into this.

When all of a sudden UNLV is pulling top 10 recruiting classes out of the blue, you have to wonder. 

:lol:

but who knows what 'squeaky clean' dave rice did.