Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thedude15

there goes any chance of 3 bids

I don't see a 25-6 Boise (ie best case scenario them winning out until  the conference champ game) making it as an at large. Their only top 50 win would be #50 Loyola-Chicago. I mean maybe a 25-6 Boise could make it if they beat Nevada in the semifinals but that match up is impossible (Nevada will be the one seed).

On the plus side this outcome also pretty much locks Nevada into the NCAAT. So we avoid having the potential of our best team (Nevada) not even making the tourney. If Nevada lost this game + one or two more they might have been forced to win the MWCT to make the NCAAT. As it currently stands Nevada could end the season 4-3 (with a loss in the semifinals of NCAAT) and I would feel pretty decent  about them making the MWCT. If they go 5-2 or better they are a 100% lock.

So here's to Nevada finishing the regular season 5-0 or 4-1 and someone else winning the MWCT. 

3 was always probably a pipe dream but top 50 wins are not the benchmark. Boise needs Q1 wins, they currently have zero. If Oregon (83), Fresno State (97), and UNLV (116); can end up in the top 75 RPI by Selection Sunday, Boise could have as many as 4 Quadrant 1 wins. That would be enough for certain. They just don’t control their own fate.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

26 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

3 was always probably a pipe dream but top 50 wins are not the benchmark. Boise needs Q1 wins, they currently have zero. If Oregon (83), Fresno State (97), and UNLV (116); can end up in the top 75 RPI by Selection Sunday, Boise could have as many as 4 Quadrant 1 wins. That would be enough for certain. They just don’t control their own fate.

The selection committee is not taking a third MWC team no matter what happens with past opponents.  Best case for the conference is the MWC tourney winner and Nevada getting an at large having maximum of 2 more losses.  WCC will get 2.  MWC possibly 2 max.  WAC 1.   I think NMSU has a small chance at getting an at large if they win out and lose in WAC final, but more likely they would play in NIT with 4 losses.  RPI will end in top 50, and probably needed top 30 at least.  

3 bids for the MWC would actually be good for all teams out west as it shows committee is giving teams more respect.  i just don't see it happening.