Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Headbutt

Rember the days of UNLV, SDSU, and UNM?

Not knocking those teams, but BSU and UNR are the new darlings apparently.  Personally, I'm a fan of the change.  I'm not hoping it's permanent, but the MWC really is a lot more interesting these days.

I really wish it were the good ol' days when the selection committee gave a crap.

it goes in waves it just happened those three teams were all at the high point at the same time with NM and UNLV crashing first followed by SDSU. The last two or three years MW has been slowing building up their teams and I think the conference is very competitive now. I think next year the conference will be even better, if Boise didn't lose in Logan they would still have an outside shot at an at-large bid. Now if Nevada ends up losing there, the loss for Boise might not look as bad there

3 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

it goes in waves it just happened those three teams were all at the high point at the same time with NM and UNLV crashing first followed by SDSU. The last two or three years MW has been slowing building up their teams and I think the conference is very competitive now. I think next year the conference will be even better, if Boise didn't lose in Logan they would still have an outside shot at an at-large bid. Now if Nevada ends up losing there, the loss for Boise might not look as bad there

If Nevada ends up losing at USU, it will be a one bid league regardless of who wins the MW tournament.

just sayin..

17 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Not knocking those teams, but BSU and UNR are the new darlings apparently.  Personally, I'm a fan of the change.  I'm not hoping it's permanent, but the MWC really is a lot more interesting these days.

I really wish it were the good ol' days when the selection committee gave a crap.

It's better for the league when those schools are good. When Boise and UNR are at the top of the conference, unfortunately, it gets viewed as a down year for the league.

18 hours ago, Headbutt said:

The best days for UNLV basketball were pre-MWC.

38 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

PCAA and Big West. Before UNR could get there. 

And the WAC was a cup of coffee. Their loss. They could've had a national champion team. 

“Before Nevada could get there.” Ah yes. No way Nevada could have competed against the Cal State Bus League. Oh wait, it basically leveled that conference in football when it did join. Fresno was the only team worth a crap and it was already gone. Nevada did well in baseball and fine in basketball in that conference as well. 

The Big Sky was better than the Big West in football from top to bottom. 

24 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

“Before Nevada could get there.” Ah yes. No way Nevada could have competed against the Cal State Bus League. Oh wait, it basically leveled that conference in football when it did join. Fresno was the only team worth a crap and it was already gone. Nevada did well in baseball and fine in basketball in that conference as well. 

The Big Sky was better than the Big West in football from top to bottom. 

If the Big Sky was better,  why did you ride our coattails into the Big West?

Yeah, you guys can be the flagship, if that makes you feel better, but you follow us along like the lost poor puppies that you are. 

We get into better conferences and inevitably find a way to let you in. You're welcome. 

Until we get sick of you and then we leave again. Seems to take a couple seasons.

8 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

Yeah, you guys can be the flagship, if that makes you feel better, but you follow us along like the lost poor puppies that you are. 

We get into better conferences and inevitably find a way to let you in. You're welcome. 

Until we get sick of you and then we leave again. Seems to take a couple seasons.

2350f8bce36cb914b705599d057cf1487270157a

cerified_Subarus.jpg

15 hours ago, kingpotato said:

It's better for the league when those schools are good. When Boise and UNR are at the top of the conference, unfortunately, it gets viewed as a down year for the league.

I don't care much about BBall, but yeah this Conference needs UNLV/SDSU/Lobos back at top form AND Nevada/Boise State to ALSO be looking to win the Conference to be where we should be.

Plus CSU/WYO/USU/Fresno even AFA have had really good teams before and will again.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

8 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

They won’t be able to follow us to the PAC-14. Sad!