Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Stay current on the

6 hours ago, Boise fan said:

A republic is a type of government.  A gun is a type of tool. Guns were created to force others under threat of grievous harm or death to do the bidding of the bearer.  If that's not authoritative, then redefine it for me.

When do you answer anyone else's questions anyway?  I've been more than fair.  And patient.

No the first gun not firing an arrow was invented to oppose Kublai Khan who is one of histories most authoritative leaders.  He wanted to and was consolidating power that used to belong to many into his own hands.  

A gun allows an individual the ability to even an unbalanced power dynamic. A majority are bought with the purpose to protect you and yours against a threat you would not normally be able to do so.  Say a female with a stalker.  Say a lot of robberies in your neighborhood.  The rest are purchased for hunting generally.  BTW only 3% of guns used in the commission of a crime were purchased legally 

Speaking of hunting, your claim that guns are used to be authoritative tools over animals is Nevada Convert cat ranch crazy.  First, an animal is not an "other" thus can not be authoritated against.  Second hunting allows your ecosystems to be maintained at the state and conserved.  Last lets pretend a duck can have opinions and beliefs, in order to authoritate you must threaten or pose a threat to submit them.  Nobody wants a duck or deer to submit to them before they shoot them.  

Wow dude.

8 hours ago, renoskier said:

Fixed it semi automatic. I just know that there were fewer and less deadly shootings before the Clinton era law sun-setted.

I believe it would save lives and be worth the inconvenience of reloading. Why do you need 15+ round magazines, is reloading difficult?

It’s not that difficult no. Most just prefer the larger mag so you don’t have to pack extras with you or pause for a couple of seconds to change. Lastly, homicide rates went down during both Bush and Obama’s administrations with no ban on the higher capacity mags, so it’s a big stretch to attribute Clinton’s ban to curbing this shit. It’s a copycat trend that’s taking place now and if these perps weren’t using semi autos, they would find something else. So I’ve answered your question, why don’t you answer mine about how a 15 round mag would have prevented what happened in Florida? 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

No the first gun not firing an arrow was invented to oppose Kublai Khan who is one of histories most authoritative leaders.  He wanted to and was consolidating power that used to belong to many into his own hands.  

A gun allows an individual the ability to even an unbalanced power dynamic. A majority are bought with the purpose to protect you and yours against a threat you would not normally be able to do so.  Say a female with a stalker.  Say a lot of robberies in your neighborhood.  The rest are purchased for hunting generally.  BTW only 3% of guns used in the commission of a crime were purchased legally 

Speaking of hunting, your claim that guns are used to be authoritative tools over animals is Nevada Convert cat ranch crazy.  First, an animal is not an "other" thus can not be authoritated against.  Second hunting allows your ecosystems to be maintained at the state and conserved.  Last lets pretend a duck can have opinions and beliefs, in order to authoritate you must threaten or pose a threat to submit them.  Nobody wants a duck or deer to submit to them before they shoot them.  

Wow dude.

It's really immaterial why a gun was created.  Its purpose is to exact control of whom it is pointed at. It is an offensive weapon.  It is created to commit serious injury or kill.  That is its purpose.  Spin and weave any bullshit you want.  It doesn't change the purpose of the weapon.  It's pointed at someone to force them to do something under threat of harm or it's pointed at them to commit harm.  Either way it's an authoritative instrument/tool. 

The ultimate authority over anything controls life or death.  And as a gun's primary purpose is to take life, it exerts authority over any life it is pointed at. 

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

16 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

It's really immaterial why a gun was created.  Its purpose is to exact control of whom it is pointed at. It is an offensive weapon.  It is created to commit serious injury or kill.  That is its purpose.  Spin and weave any bullshit you want.  It doesn't change the purpose of the weapon.  It's pointed at someone to force them to do something under threat of harm or it's pointed at them to commit harm.  Either way it's an authoritative instrument/tool. 

The ultimate authority over anything controls life or death.  And as a gun's primary purpose is to take life, it exerts authority over any life it is pointed at. 

This is an outstanding argument for the second amendment. Bravo!

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

This is an outstanding argument for the second amendment. Bravo!

States the gun was created to drive authoritarianism.

Learns it was created to halt the exponential power consolidating of an Authoritarian.

States it does not matter why they were created anyways.

I like this guy.

21 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Learns it was created to halt the exponential power consolidating of an Authoritarian.

I like this guy.

Maybe we should tell Comrade fan that gun ownership is the only thing keeping capitalism and corporations from taking over the world... that may “trigger” him (pardon the pun) enough to change his stance. ;) 

13 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Maybe we should tell Comrade fan that gun ownership is the only thing keeping capitalism and corporations from taking over the world... that may “trigger” him (pardon the pun) enough to change his stance. ;) 

Not sure he is capable of changing a stance.  I believe he has bred through the centuries using mitosis.

2 hours ago, NVGiant said:

25 pages. Anything enlightening yet? No? I’ll keep checking back.

Is this topic POLL worthy?

10 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I like this guy.

Cons love to spin shit.

When you can accurately engage in a discussion, get back to me. 

Sad part is I've had a few exchanges with you where I thought we actually could have a decent conversation.  And then you devolve into the idiocy of others who regularly show they are pinheads.

Too bad.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

8 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

Cons love to spin shit.

When you can accurately engage in a discussion, get back to me. 

Sad part is I've had a few exchanges with you where I thought we actually could have a decent conversation.  And then you devolve into the idiocy of others who regularly show they are pinheads.

Too bad.

Tell me more about how guns are used to impose authoritarian will on ducks and deer. 

You should know when to bow out of a thread.  Unfortunately you never do.  You are not looking to have a decent conversation, you are looking to throw bombs and piss people off.  Does not work when the other individual is more articulate, witty and smarter than you though.  Yes, I am arrogant and condescending when I talk down to somebody and yes you are worth talking down to the past month.

You toned it down for a bit, I was proud of you.

11 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

It’s not that difficult no. Most just prefer the larger mag so you don’t have to pack extras with you or pause for a couple of seconds to change. Lastly, homicide rates went down during both Bush and Obama’s administrations with no ban on the higher capacity mags, so it’s a big stretch to attribute Clinton’s ban to curbing this shit. It’s a copycat trend that’s taking place now and if these perps weren’t using semi autos, they would find something else. So I’ve answered your question, why don’t you answer mine about how a 15 round mag would have prevented what happened in Florida? 

First of all, I'm not trying to address the overall homicide/gun death rate; I'm solely focused on what might be done to reduce the carnage of these mass shootings, since I don't know if there's any legislative fix that would actually reduce the number of shootings.

Your statement is what I was looking for and this is exactly why I think reducing magazine size could help. Limiting "mag" size would somewhat limit how much ammo these crazy phuckers could carry (say 20 15/round mags is going to be heavier and bulkier than 10/30's or 3 /100's). And yes, I know folks can get very proficient and fast and changing mags but it still takes a little time and under stressful conditions I believe there is a much higher chance a shooter would make a mistake. Even a small window could give victims time to escape or time for  a hero to emerge.