Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Trump Fatigue

I'm not sure if anyone else is feeling this way but I've come down with a serious case of Trump fatigue. I think this has come about due to the nonstop rhetoric from both extremes, whether it be Trump made out to be a superhero savior that's going to restore order to the galaxy or him being a nazi anitchrist who will undoubtedly bring about the end of the human race. Regardless if it be on the MWCBoard, Facebook, the media, or the table next to me at the restaurant, it just seems as if every single day there is some polarizing conversation about something this clown has said or done. Even here in the UK, he makes headlines as often as Theresa May and Brexit. 

As a result, I've pretty much become numb to it all. Anymore, if he were to either come up with a miracle cure for multiple cancers or molest a paraplegic child, the news probably wouldn't excite or anger me as much as it normally would. I'm simply exhausted by it and I'd be willing to bet I'm not alone ... which is probably the exact opposite of what the propagandists want. Whenever his image comes up on the TV, I just turn the channel.

Anyway, just my personal rant of the day. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

5 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I'm not sure if anyone else is feeling this way but I've come down with a serious case of Trump fatigue. I think this has come about due to the nonstop rhetoric from both extremes, whether it be Trump made out to be a superhero savior that's going to restore order to the galaxy or him being a nazi anitchrist who will undoubtedly bring about the end of the human race. Regardless if it be on the MWCBoard, Facebook, the media, or the table next to me at the restaurant, it just seems as if every single day there is some polarizing conversation about something this clown has said or done. Even here in the UK, he makes headlines as often as Theresa May and Brexit. 

As a result, I've pretty much become numb to it all. Anymore, if he were to either come up with a miracle cure for multiple cancers or molest a paraplegic child, the news probably wouldn't excite or anger me as much as it normally would. I'm simply exhausted by it and I'd be willing to bet I'm not alone ... which is probably the exact opposite of what the propagandists want. Whenever his image comes up on the TV, I just turn the channel.

Anyway, just my personal rant of the day. 

I’m with you buddy. 

26 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

Retro and Old...  is that all you have?  You guys seem to limit yourselves to emotional responses....evidence you never got you shit back after losing it for a whole year.  

How would you know what their responses are? You'd have to read them. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Trump is just the symptom of a much larger issue. The deep division in values and priorities. The fatigue comes from a disappointing revelation that our society and this country has all been a sham and not what we all thought it was. A shallow illusion. 

Nothing exceptional. Or noble. Or moral.

Just a veneer over human greed, hate and intolerance.  That's what the fatigue is really about, facing the disillusionment.

One of the Final Five..........

13 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Trump is just the symptom of a much larger issue. The deep division in values and priorities. The fatigue comes from a disappointing revelation that our society and this country has all been a sham and not what we all thought it was. A shallow illusion. 

Nothing exceptional. Or noble. Or moral.

Just a veneer over human greed, hate and intolerance.  That's what the fatigue is really about, facing the disillusionment.

Not even close.  But thanks for trying to tell me why I feel the way I do. 

28 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

Another non response. 

You made your bed over the course of years, bud. The next time you honestly engage with someone will be the first. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, Jackrabbit said:

Retro and Old...  is that all you have?  You guys seem to limit yourselves to emotional responses....evidence you never got you shit back after losing it for a whole year.  

Pearls before swine.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

10 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I miss him. Everyday. He was a decent man, unlike our current "leader."

I saw him yesterday at his and Michelle's National Gallery of Art portrait unveiling; a short entertaining speech. Funny and a little self deprecating, certainly not what we would hear from Mr. Trump.

BTW, I kinda liked his portrait, not so much for Michelle's.

3 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

Another non answer

2 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

Another non answer

Just because you don't understand the answers doesn't mean that they aren't there.