Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

$J$U

http://www.sjsuspartans.com/sports/development/spec-rel/sjsu-capital-projects.html

Here's a whole website that SJSU built prior to changing the plan to the eastern stands rather than the north end zone.  I would expect the conceptual drawings of the Tennis stadium and the Eastern Stands Structure (ESS) will be on this site.

I would expect that more conceptual drawings of the and they'll be much less expensive than the NEZ project.  Hopefully it means Bud Winter Track will be restored to it's historic condition (not a parking garage structure).

It's clever to take advantage of the earthwork that has been there since 1933.  The real benefit is that you can just dig into the berm, set the foundation and the pour concrete easily.  It's also easier to maintain than a regular building.

1 hour ago, godogsgo said:

Maybe spruce up the entrances or reinforce the stands or something....

Capture.JPG

They need to take the upper stands in the south end zone along the street (pictured above) and the upper stands in the north end zone and use those bleachers for the new WTA stadium.

It would be AWESOME to get a full view of the stadium from Alma Boulevard. 

Free advertising instead of this tinker toy structure / dog's ass

22 minutes ago, Bruininthebay said:

They need to take the upper stands in the south end zone along the street (pictured above) and the upper stands in the north end zone and use those bleachers for the new WTA stadium.

It would be AWESOME to get a full view of the stadium from Alma Boulevard. 

Free advertising instead of this tinker toy structure / dog's ass

Oh, yeah. Open up the stadium to give the fans a view of the street too. Beautiful south San Jose. Would be epic. 

E6E9D5CD-F6A0-4882-9FC1-0AEC3B381C87.jpeg

943C027A-A1D7-4A69-BB47-8C3FDBFED33F.jpeg

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

Not going to try to defend whatever it is we’re doing with the football stadium. I won’t pretend to know if it’s going to work out. I’ll just say that there’s no difference between survival and hope. If the program wants to survive, they have to keep selling hope. The day they stop releasing watercolors is the day spartan football is officially dead. Look out for our next project, the David fales south endzone premium marijuana garden, coming in 2022.

In all honesty, I couldn't give a shit less what Spartan Stadium looks like. It could be the god damned Taj Mahal and I would still advocate for contraction by removing SJSU.

Forget the stadium. Pay to get GOOD staff, pay to keep them, and start winning fuking games, then demonstrate SOME level of sustained success.  

Doing this whole thing ass backwards. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

I don’t expect anyone to believe we can deliver on this latest Stadium promise.  The proof will be in the pudding.  All I can say is that it seems like Paul Lanning has the chops to close - more so than his predecessors.  We’ll see there, too. If the funds aren’t raised in, say, 1 year, I’d say it won’t happen. No more Richarding around.  Either get it done or resign yourself to never getting it done (and all the consequences that entails)...