Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

Trump wants to make cuts to food stamp (SNAP) - awesome good thing

2 hours ago, rudolro said:

I'm no fan of EBT use for fast food or for crap at a convenience store. That can be tweaked like alcohol and tobacco.

So why isn't it tweaked?  Taxpayer is getting ripped off if purchases made at the stop & rob, that is likely the highest cost outlet

110926run_defense710.jpg

2 hours ago, renoskier said:

Right, an infrastructure created by a very competitive market. bulldog, do you really think government is going to do this efficiently? I don't.

Why not just stick with the existing system but put restrictions on what can be purchased? It's kind of authoritarian but a lot easier than re-inventing the wheel. 

The infrastructure is already there and mostly provided by the private sector.  The savings will be huuge!.  Heck, leverage purchasing power and deliver Doritos & pop in the Trump boxes. 

How the heck did automobiles overtake horse & buggies?  Trump boxes is a no brainer - saves money, improves nutrition. 

110926run_defense710.jpg

38 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

The infrastructure is already there and mostly provided by the private sector.  The savings will be huuge!.  Heck, leverage purchasing power and deliver Doritos & pop in the Trump boxes. 

How the heck did automobiles overtake horse & buggies?  Trump boxes is a no brainer - saves money, improves nutrition. 

Yet you haven't provided a shred of evidence that this would either save money or improve nutrition. Oh the other hand, plenty of people have pointed out how it would likely do exactly the opposite. 

Hunger can be very good motivation. #nofreelunchintgisworld

Has it been mentioned that making PBS pay its own way is on the table as well?

How will all the douches with KQED stickers on their Tesla's be able to afford PBS Propaganda Hour if you redneck trump voters don't subsidize it for them?!

Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 7.59.11 AM.png

17 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Trump’s budget proposal also includes major cuts to Medicare and Medicaid and Section 8 housing assistance, and a massive slashing of the Environmental Protection Agency budget. Meanwhile, it would boost defense spending by nearly $800 billion over the next decade.

This is where I have a problem.  Cut all of this shit.  We have to.  We don't have the money.  Unfunded entitlements and defense will be the end of this country.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Folks are going to complain whenever cuts are made to any program - ESPECIALLY if it’s the Trump WH doing it.  Honestly, I hope this is the first of many many cuts coming from all areas of government.  $21T in debt.  The interest alone this year (with historic low rates that are  increasing) is $270B or so.  Last CBO estimate I saw estimated that interest payments on the debt will be the #1 budget line item by 2027...  Think about that folks, in less than a decade more $$$ each year will be going towards debt interest than is spent on Defense, SS, Medicare, etc.  What do you think is going to happen then? Does anyone really think US spending is going to stay on the current course forever? 

I don’t like it either but things like this will become commonplace in the not too distant future.

v0icAvfW.jpg

2 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

This is where I have a problem.  Cut all of this shit.  We have to.  We don't have the money.  Unfunded entitlements and defense will be the end of this country.

This budget stinks and for many reasons.

I know this is a big deal for you Jack. Check this article out. https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/8-examples-eye-popping-debt-trumps-budget/

2 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

I know this is a big deal for you Jack. Check this article out. https://www.conservativereview.com/articles/8-examples-eye-popping-debt-trumps-budget/

My worst fear with Trump is coming to pass.  I said from the beginning that the guy is no conservative and he’s proven that.  

v0icAvfW.jpg

28 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

The whole thing under Obama and Trump is just a disgusting, ridiculous shitshow.  The amount of money we've spent under these two clowns is eyepoppingly absurd.

We don't have money for this, and the crap is going to hit the fan during my and my childrens lifetimes.  Cut defense.  Cut medicare.  Cut all of this crap.  We can't afford it.  We're not replacing our retirees with children being born, it's going to be top heavy for years to come.

The day will come when the government feels entitled to the money I've saved to retire on.  I can see them starting to tax 401k's and Roth's more, changing the rules to suit the neverending carousel of spending and consumption

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

2 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

How the hell do figure that this saves money? If you're just counting on purchasing power, you know nothing about the profit margin in groceries. It is quite likely the smallest mark-up of any industry.  And how is taking the food to them cheaper than having them get it themselves?

i just re-read your post, were you being sarcastic?

I think we need to initiate a study of the feasibility and practicality of this boxed meal system.  We must choose a few people who are not allowed to consume anything else but what is provided for them via government box.  For one full year, to see how it works.

I volunteer Rebelbacker, NorCalCoug & Modestobulldog as tribute!

And following in the policy they endorse, no you don't get a say.  You & your families are the guinea pigs for 365 days.  Enjoy!

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

2 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

My worst fear with Trump is coming to pass.  I said from the beginning that the guy is no conservative and he’s proven that.  

In Washington, the "conservatives" you like to talk about is with the Unicorns, Leprechauns and the deficit neutral tax cuts.

36 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

I think we need to initiate a study of the feasibility and practicality of this boxed meal system.  We must choose a few people who are not allowed to consume anything else but what is provided for them via government box.  For one full year, to see how it works.

I volunteer Rebelbacker, NorCalCoug & Modestobulldog as tribute!

And following in the policy they endorse, no you don't get a say.  You & your families are the guinea pigs for 365 days.  Enjoy!

I never endorsed this idea. I just laid out how I thought the infrastructure could work. If you are going to involve me, at least get it right. 

Just now, Rebelbacker said:

I never endorsed this idea. I just laid out how I thought the infrastructure could work. If you are going to involve me, at least get it right. 

We liked your suggestion to take all cost savings from SNAP cuts and transferring them to Amazon or other shippers. And increasing costs by creating a new collection and distribution network was icing.  Pure icing.  Brilliant!

So you have been selected by the best people hand picked by Der Trump himself!  Feel privileged!

It will be bigly successful, or it will be Obama's fault.

Thanks for volunteering!

That is all.

20 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

We liked your suggestion to take all cost savings from SNAP cuts and transferring them to Amazon or other shippers. And increasing costs by creating a new collection and distribution network was icing.  Pure icing.  Brilliant!

So you have been selected by the best people hand picked by Der Trump himself!  Feel privileged!

It will be bigly successful, or it will be Obama's fault.

Thanks for volunteering!

That is all.

Yeah, I didn't say that but keep trolling.