Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Scorcho

Caution: BYU, Gonzaga, some MW Teams Realignment Thread

Guest #1Stunner

Alright, I'll speak for BYU fans on this. 

There are 2-3 MWC schools that are very very appealing, that BYU would love to somehow add to the WCC (not sure it can be done).  (this is basketball additions).

Those are, in no order:

(1) SDSU --- the best basketball program in the MWC

(2) UNLV --- the historical giant in basketball in the MWC

(3) Hawaii ---- yes, I know they are Big West, but they'd be a huge addition.

I don't see any other schools being WCC caliber.  (basketball).  Or, they are too "high elevation" and would scare off SDSU, so they aren't worth discussing.  SDSU takes precedence. 

Ok, why are there now two threads on here about this dumb article from a stupid blog named vanquish the foe?

It’s not worthy of this fine forum. Garbage.

did the owner of that blog pay you guys to come spam the forum with multiple threads/links?

latestbroncofanslogo.png.20959eb73e46249d924bc7abb968f702.png

8 minutes ago, WilliamHicks said:

Ok, why are there now two threads on here about this dumb article from a stupid blog named vanquish the foe?

did the owner of that blog pay you guys to come spam the forum with multiple threads/links?

I merged them 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Guest #1Stunner
11 minutes ago, WilliamHicks said:

Three things are certain in this life:

(1) Death

(2) Taxes

(3) Boise State fans starting threads about BYU.   Most Boise State fans have a fascination with BYU, so there will always be a lot of BYU discussion on here.  This is a good thing, since most BYU and Boise fans consider themselves to be extended cousins.  

3 hours ago, RamSack said:

I don't agree with this article on what should happen, but it does show that the WCC has similar problems to the MWC.  What makes the most sense IMO is for Gonzaga and BYU to join the MWC as a package deal for Oly sports.

https://www.vanquishthefoe.com/2018/2/13/17004134/byu-basketball-wcc-gonzaga-mountain-west-new-conference

Nope.  All or nothing

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

This was already discussed:

They have a small gym, but have a gym in Boise, right by their Nampa campus:

Plus, the Nazarenes have long played the Mormons in Church Basketball contests.   The Nazarenes need to expand their enrollment and make Northwest Nazarene their "BYU".

59c07603e009c.image.jpg?resize=1200,794

Sounds like a good fit then.  Another rivalry.  Win win.  

Let me get this straight. YBU goes Indy/WCC, & doesn’t like it’s new lot in hoops.  So the WCC, MWC & WAC (to a lesser extent) is supposed to blow-up their F’ball & Oly Sports alliances, so maybe YBU can get an occasional NCAA Tourney Bid.

¡Hahaha!

If YBU wants back into the MWC, great come back.  If you can bring the ‘zaga & St Mary’s w/you for hoops/oly, we can talk.

All this other cluster-F is a non-starter.

GO STATE!!!

BYU can stay where they are.  They chose their path.  No need for us to blow up the conference to accommodate them again.  We bent over backwards for them with the formation of this conference only to see them pick up and leave when they got mud on their face.  Let them root in the hs gym conference.

LOL.

BYU fan site promoting the idea that BYU is being held back by the league they are in ( a league which they have never won ) because the league is full of crappy teams, and BYU regularly loses to a couple of the crappy teams. If only there were not so many crappy teams in the league, BYU would do better. Makes perfect sense.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

21 hours ago, ole blu dude said:

Yet another BYU tool wanting to start up the project once again. I guess the WCC venture was not all that much at least in his boy's eye's

And as usual, the BYU tools realignment scenario leaves out Utah State. So predictable....

4 hours ago, Mano said:

LOL.

BYU fan site promoting the idea that BYU is being held back by the league they are in ( a league which they have never won ) because the league is full of crappy teams, and BYU regularly loses to a couple of the crappy teams. If only there were not so many crappy teams in the league, BYU would do better. Makes perfect sense.

It's a pretty dumb premise.  The West Coast Conference is not holding back BYU men's basketball.  Gonzaga made it to the national championship game last season as a #1 seed coming out of the WCC.  The only thing holding back BYU men's basketball is itself.

21 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Let me get this straight. YBU goes Indy/WCC, & doesn’t like it’s new lot in hoops.  So the WCC, MWC & WAC (to a lesser extent) is supposed to blow-up their F’ball & Oly Sports alliances, so maybe YBU can get an occasional NCAA Tourney Bid.

¡Hahaha!

If YBU wants back into the MWC, great come back.  If you can bring the ‘zaga & St Mary’s w/you for hoops/oly, we can talk.

All this other cluster-F is a non-starter.

GO STATE!!!

That's it... one tweak...

Boot SJSU... that way we have all, nice and even numbers.

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, ProvoAggie said:

I can't believe I just read this. According to most metrics, 3 win SJSU is better than the bottom of the WCC. According to KenPom, WCC caliber means that you aren't one of the worst 40 teams in the country.

Failing to read the entire paragraph is why some USU students got lower ACT scores and had to attend USU, instead of BYU.

Here is what was said:

I don't see any other schools being WCC caliber.  (basketball)...  Or, they are too "high elevation" and would scare off SDSU, so they aren't worth discussing.  SDSU takes precedence

Guest #1Stunner
On 2/13/2018 at 2:32 PM, #1Stunner said:

Alright, I'll speak for BYU fans on this. 

There are 2-3 MWC schools that are very very appealing, that BYU would love to somehow add to the WCC (not sure it can be done).  (this is basketball additions).

Those are, in no order:

(1) SDSU --- the best basketball program in the MWC

(2) UNLV --- the historical giant in basketball in the MWC

(3) Hawaii ---- yes, I know they are Big West, but they'd be a huge addition.

I don't see any other schools being WCC caliber.  (basketball).  Or, they are too "high elevation" and would scare off SDSU, so they aren't worth discussing.  SDSU takes precedence. 

16 minutes ago, ProvoAggie said:

I read that part too. So how is Vegas too high in elevation? Fresno? San Jose? Reno? What about Provo?

This silly thread is about WCC expansion / realignment.  It's a dumb thread, yes, but what do you expect from a BYU-obsessed Ute fan that starts these sorts of things?  WE are both just playing along (not like it is going to happen).

So, my response is that if the WCC was really going to add schools, it would either be the school is a compelling addition, or it is compelling geography (not an elevation school).  SDSU is the top priority, and they don't like elevation schools (WCC only has 1---BYU.....probably doesn't want to add more than that).

So, I don't understand why you are wanting to talk about Las Vegas's elevation (they are a compelling addition, like I said).   Fresno, San Jose, Logan, Reno....I'll let you decide if they are either "elevation" or "not compelling".