Jump to content
Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits

Something we ALL can get behind

Recommended Posts

If rivalry weekend is any other weekend besides the one right after Thanksgiving then I’m all for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't go far enough. November should be divisional games only. No cross-division. Period.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Dimwhit said:

Doesn't go far enough. November should be divisional games only. No cross-division. Period.

It would be a good start though.

Hard to believe we even have to deal with this kind of shit.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

It would be a good start though.

Hard to believe we even have to deal with this kind of shit.

True, a good start. And yeah, it's moronic that this is still an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not signing it, only because I want to play UNLV on Nevada Day weekend (only makes too much sense, right?) and Boise St on rivalry week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RamSack said:

If rivalry weekend is any other weekend besides the one right after Thanksgiving then I’m all for it.

Remind me ... which weekend is it that CSU plays Minnesota?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm all for ending the season on divisional games but I really don't need  to play rivalry games in the last weekend. We have done it with CSU some years and it doesn't work well for either school(or at least UW, don't want to assume for CSU but it seemed that way from what I remember). Its Thanksgiving weekend and students have gone home which hurts attendance. Having a rivalry game on the last weekend doesn't do anything to make the game bigger for me. Its as big in October as it would be on thanksgiving.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Remind me ... which weekend is it that CSU plays Minnesota?

Whenever the B1G CCG is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that’s odd. I opened this thread expecting to see a picture of Dre’s mom? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure "rivalry weeks" are all they're cracked up to be, but I am definitely on board with zero cross-division games being played after October. Maybe a "rivalry month" would be a better approach.

The weekend following Thanksgiving almost needs to become everyone's bye-week, if you ask me. Basically eliminate all the scattered byes and just black out that weekend.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tspoke said:

I'm all for ending the season on divisional games but I really don't need  to play rivalry games in the last weekend. We have done it with CSU some years and it doesn't work well for either school(or at least UW, don't want to assume for CSU but it seemed that way from what I remember). Its Thanksgiving weekend and students have gone home which hurts attendance. Having a rivalry game on the last weekend doesn't do anything to make the game bigger for me. Its as big in October as it would be on thanksgiving.

It's not only the students not on campus but out of town fans are less inclined to travel having travelled themselves or having family visiting for Thanksgiving.  Wyoming, and I would say most G5 schools don't have the fan base size or passion to get good attendance on Thanksgiving weekend.  As long as Wyoming plays AF and CSU in November like we did this past season I'm good.  In 2016 Wyoming played AF and CSU both in early October and I am not a fan of that.  Cross divisional games really should not be played in November.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits said:

The guy who started it is Matteo Ortiz. IIRC, he's the SDSU student who advocated placing the Aztec calendar on our helmets.

I'm not sure why he feels so strongly about the rivalry week thing since we haven't really had a football rival since Pat Hill refused to continue scheduling SDSU in the early 00s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well you do know that according to Thompson there will be no cross divisional games on for the last game of the year at least. So using that guideline last game of the season i think they will so up:

Nevada vs. UNLV

Fresno St vs. San Jose St

San Diego St vs. Hawaii

Colorado vs. Wyoming

New Mexico vs. Air Force

Boise St vs. Utah St

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×