Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada to play @Penn State in 2020

31 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

C'mon Mug, the Spartans need the extra $200k.  It'll be the final push that'll get the North Endzone Project going in Spartan Stadium :P

We’re getting $1.45 million. So SJSU is getting an extra 50k, hopefully it helps with their NEZ project. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

We’re getting $1.45 million. So SJSU is getting an extra 50k, hopefully it helps with their NEZ project. 

That we only get $225,000 to play in Orlando against USF is turrible for the program. UC Davis drives two hours over the hill and is getting $375,000.

Just now, battle.borne said:

That we only get $225,000 to play in Orlando against USF is turrible for the program. UC Davis drives two hours over the hill and is getting $375,000.

The USF game was negotiated nearly a decade ago....

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Uh oh!  Only $50k more?  Not sure this is enough to purchase the groundbreaking ceremony shovels.  Reportedly, this is the only thing holding up the NEZ project.  True story.

I see a few more years of fundraising to overcome this key shortfall.

Just now, mugtang said:

Plus it was a home and home, the payouts are much different for this.

That USF loss still haunts me, that was the beginning of the end for Ault. We could've been ranked if we would've won that game.

Just now, mugtang said:

They'd be better off cancelling the contract, eating the cost, and finding another road game.

1 minute ago, battle.borne said:

Yeah you guys will actually lose money in that game after all the expenses.  

We had that same scenario against someone a couple years ago.  I can't remember against who, but like Mug said, it was negotiated many years prior.

55 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Uh oh!  Only $50k more?  Not sure this is enough to purchase the groundbreaking ceremony shovels.  Reportedly, this is the only thing holding up the NEZ project.  True story.

I see a few more years of fundraising to overcome this key shortfall.

Jelly......#brandnewstadiumatCSU

Just now, creeper86 said:

We can't all be as lucky as you guys, with your beautiful modern looking stadium.... #nomoneyneeded

Nobody ever said our stadium was great.   

4 hours ago, creeper86 said:

We can't all be as lucky as you guys, with your beautiful modern looking stadium.... #nomoneyneeded

Actually the ped state stadium is pretty crappy.  It's huge, and it's loud because of the aluminum bleacher seats, but it's pretty unimpressive compared to many. It's a giant erector set that clearly started out in the 40K range with multiple expansions slapped onto it with little thought other than increasing seating. Mackay looks like Ohio Stadium or the Rose Bowl in comparison. 

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

1 minute ago, Victor Maitlin said:

Actually the ped state stadium is pretty crappy.  It's huge, and it's loud because of the aluminum bleacher seats, but it's pretty unimpressive compared to many. It's a giant erector set that clearly started out in the 40K range with multiple expansions slapped onto it with little thought other than increasing seating. Macky looks like Ohio Stadium or the Rose Bowl in comparison. 

Need to plan an NEZ project yourselves then..... you too can lack funding for it and scrap it after 5 years, but, false hope goes far. I was on pins and needles for 5 years just waiting for the announcement-was exciting times. Now what to look forward to:  Cincy and the Tedford Train writing something ridiculously juvenile? just not the same.

1 hour ago, battle.borne said:

Remember though South Florida is the second game of a home and home series that was pushed back twice. My understanding is the money is lower also for home and home series instead one check for one game situation.

Just now, renoskier said:

And wasn't that part of a H & H?

Yes