Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wolfpack1

Nevada Still Ranked...

Just now, toonkee said:

Huh? That's surprising.  Were there a few other losses last week in the 20-30 range besides Reno's? That could do it.

I think that was a big part of it.  Also, the pollsters may have taken Caleb being out into consideration.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

18 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I think that was a big part of it.  Also, the pollsters may have taken Caleb being out into consideration.  

You're giving them too much credit for their research.

25 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Huh? That's surprising.  Were there a few other losses last week in the 20-30 range besides Reno's? That could do it.

There were a quite a few losses in the Top 25, I think only two teams dropped from the rankings this week. Kentucky and Miami.

10 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

So, curse still in effect. Bet the house on Boise. Got it. :ph34r:

We beat SDSU on Saturday so the curse is broken! :foottap:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, BleedRed702 said:

You’ve lost each game following being ranked. Ranked again (just moved down). I would argue the curse is still in effect. 

But they don’t do new rankings before the weekend games, so curse is broken as we were still ranked on Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, mugtang said:

But they don’t do new rankings before the weekend games, so curse is broken as we were still ranked on Saturday. 

Whatever makes you feel better. Boise gonna win.  It's is destiny.

12 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

Well on CBS they did talk about Caleb's injury a little bit so

Say what you want about CBSSports Network, but they at least do some analysis of the Mountain West during their shows.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

34 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

and rothstein will even occasionally argue with fans, lol.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see unlv win the MWC tournament.  I think the teams that have a real chance at winning it are Nevada, Boise, UNLV, Fresno and maybe SDSU.  

Though a series of games the upset potential could even be wider than that. While BS-U and UNR are definitely the strength of the conference everyone has been vulnerable at one time or the other. One upset early on can drastically change the predicted outcomes game to game. Like always, conference play is a shootout where anything can happen. It doesn't matter the conference either, just look at this past week nation wide.