Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

westfan

Nevada @ Boise State

37 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

Crazy bad 3-point shooting did BSU in again tonight against Nevada. I think they were 18% tonight and a combined 16% from 3 in the two games. You're not even going to beat mediocre teams shooting those percentages, much less Nevada. To add insult to injury, BSU probably won't even get to host NIT games since Taco Bell is hosting the NCAAT 1st and 2nd rounds this year.

I was wondering if bsu would not be able to host an NIT game because of the tourney. Is that definately what would happen? 

40 minutes ago, Jalex4141 said:

I was wondering if bsu would not be able to host an NIT game because of the tourney. Is that definately what would happen? 

Kentucky went through this in 2013. Rupp Arena was hosting 1st and 2nd round NCAA games that year and even though they were a #1 seed in the NIT, they had to play at Robert Morris.

http://www.wtae.com/article/unusual-circumstances-bring-kentucky-to-robert-morris-for-nit/7460370

22 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

I told him to stay away from the game because 2 points is really low however truth be told I probably would do the same thing. A Nevada win in Boise would surprise me personally. Then if they do win, we have to worry about the letdown game on Saturday

That the line was so tight signaled to me the books felt like Nevada was clearly the better team. The game result proved me right as even without Drew Nevada weathered every storm and dictated the pace of play against a very well coached and capable opponent on their own court.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

11 hours ago, mugtang said:

This is why he dunked it:

After hearing that I wish he had slammed it down before time expired.  

Terrible behavior by Boise fans, but how many wrongs make a right?

6 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Is there video of Caleb posterizing Hutchison out there yet? I want to see if it’s Burton-dunk-montage worthy. 

It was good, not great in my opinion.

But how about that block by Hutchison at the end of the game?  Was that on Caleb or Cody?

8 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Throwing down a 360 dunk after the final buzzer is equatable to chants wishing injury on a player?? 

Just now, battle.borne said:

Throwing down a 360 dunk after the final buzzer is equatable to chants wishing injury on a player?? 

Again, both are dick moves.

But maybe that guy's grandma got pushed down the stairs a few years ago.

1 minute ago, toonkee said:

I bet grandma was the one who yelled it!

8k3esKz.png

50 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

That the line was so tight signaled to me the books felt like Nevada was clearly the better team. The game result proved me right as even without Drew Nevada weathered every storm and dictated the pace of play against a very well coached and capable opponent on their own court.

I tend to stay away from those type of lines in basketball games because for it tells me the game is pretty much a pick um and that is kind of hard to take in basketball. Give me 4 points or so I like those odds better. However my co-worker was pissed when he walked in last night. Nevada winning cost him $200 last night.

Good game from both teams last night. Nevada seems to have come together more since the Caleb injury however another big injury last night. Sometimes you never really come back from that injury. It was a huge victory and pretty much gives Nevada no worse than 3 seed right now in the tournament. However with players going down, that doesn't bode well for the tournament next month.

26 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Not all dick moves are created equal so drop the equivalency bs

47 minutes ago, toonkee said:

A dunk after time expired? Eh. Mountains out of molehills. Certainly a false equivalency when compared with wishing a serious injury on an opposing player.

5 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

Not all dick moves are created equal so drop the equivalency bs

I never said they were equivalent but you're defending unsportsmanlike behavior.

I think better of Caleb and apparently hold him to a higher standard of sportsmanship and conduct than you do.

6 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

A dunk after time expired? Eh. Mountains out of molehills. Certainly a false equivalency when compared with wishing a serious injury on an opposing player.

Again, I never said they were equivalent , or that it was an eye for an eye.In any case. That's the song being sung by you guys.

And Boise players didn't chant for Drew's injury to be serious, but I'd say Caleb's dunk was disrespectful to the Boise players.

Give the ball to the ref and g shake hands.

I don't know if the Boise players consider it disrespect especially since Martin delayed the dunk until after the buzzer. I think there has been plenty of mutual respect as well as disrespectful bulletin board material from the previous game. I want to see a Boise/UNM rematch for disrespect.