Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

westfan

Nevada @ Boise State

2 minutes ago, blind_squirrel54 said:

I’m still surprised Hutch missed both shots at the end. Broncos are tough! Two incredible games between these two teams!

Boise owned the glass. Nevada wasn’t great on FT line. Felt like it was Boise’s game to lose. Caleb is the difference. 

Re Lindsey Drew, out for the year: https://twitter.com/MurrayRGJ/status/964020840756002817?ref_src=twcamp^share|twsrc^m5|twgr^email|twcon^7046|twterm^0

Edit: if someone wants to be kind and show me how to properly do tweets on here, I’d be grateful.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

Crazy bad 3-point shooting did BSU in again tonight against Nevada. I think they were 18% tonight and a combined 16% from 3 in the two games. You're not even going to beat mediocre teams shooting those percentages, much less Nevada. To add insult to injury, BSU probably won't even get to host NIT games since Taco Bell is hosting the NCAAT 1st and 2nd rounds this year.

46 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Still a dick move, after the buzzer or not.

This is why he dunked it:

After hearing that I wish he had slammed it down before time expired.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

This loss is why it's hard to be a Boise State basketball fan. This program is what it is, good enough to win around 18 to 24 games a year but to expect more than that on a shoestring budget, an old facility, and two and three star recruits is a little unrealistic. I try not to get too caught up in the hype of Bronco basketball because my heart has been shattered so many times. The flag bearers for the MWC in basketball are Nevada and SUDS ... not ready to put the so called elite Final Four caliber UNLV in there yet because they haven't accomplished jack in years. 

That all said, I'm content and happy with Leon Rice and the program as long as they compete and make a run at the tournament every so often. With these back to back losses, there's no way Boise State will get an at large so the best we Bronco fans can hope for at this time is to either defy all odds and go on a run in Vegas or simply get prepared for the NIT. The CBI would be a disappointment but that's where they would end up with another loss or two in the regular season, which is possible with a roady at SUDS and a tough home game against Wyoming. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg