Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

westfan

Nevada @ Boise State

21 hours ago, westfan said:

I was hoping for a BSU win over USU. Now if possible, Boise State will be even more motivated for this game Wednesday. Both teams have a lot riding on this game. it should be a good one.:duel:

Hard to know how a tough road loss effects a team. I would imagine Boise's confidence took a hit but they certainly know they have the horses to beat Nevada, especially with Caleb less than 100%.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

I think after what happened Saturday, this game in the long run I think means a lot more to Boise right now. It would be great and an upset if Nevada walked out of Boise with a win, but Boise's back is kind of against the wall with the Utah St loss especially for their at-large hopes. 

The game I am more concerned with this week is Utah St in Logan.

5 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

I think after what happened Saturday, this game in the long run I think means a lot more to Boise right now. It would be great and an upset if Nevada walked out of Boise with a win, but Boise's back is kind of against the wall with the Utah St loss especially for their at-large hopes. 

The game I am more concerned with this week is Utah St in Logan.

It's a huge game for us, too. We win, and the conference race is basically over. 

3 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

It's a huge game for us, too. We win, and the conference race is basically over. 

For postseason implications this is a much bigger game for Boise than us especially after what happened on Saturday. However winning on Wednesday doesn't end the conference race. We have three tough road games after Wednesday to get through. But from Nevada's stand point that is why San Diego St on Saturday was a huge victory and Wyoming losing was huge. It gave Nevada more wiggle room than if they had lost on Saturday.

Personally I think it will be an upset if Nevada wins on Wednesday but if they get out of this week 1-1 that will be a victory for them.

6 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

For postseason implications this is a much bigger game for Boise than us especially after what happened on Saturday. However winning on Wednesday doesn't end the conference race. We have three tough road games after Wednesday to get through. But from Nevada's stand point that is why San Diego St on Saturday was a huge victory and Wyoming losing was huge. It gave Nevada more wiggle room than if they had lost on Saturday.

Personally I think it will be an upset if Nevada wins on Wednesday but if they get out of this week 1-1 that will be a victory for them.

Nevada could lose the game and still potentially make the tournament without winning the conference tournament. So in that sense, I guess it means more to Boise. But only barely. Nevada would have a two-game lead over Boise with the tie-breaker. so it would all but end the conference race. And if Nevada lost it would have no more margin for error. I'd rather Boise sweat it out. 

There really aren't any games at this point that won't mean a lot for both teams.

Boise is among the First 4 Out in SI's bracket watch.  I expect Palm and Lunardi do too.  Even if they beat Nevada, they cannot afford another loss the rest of the way because CSU, Air Force and SDSU will only drag them down.

2 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Nevada could lose the game and still potentially make the tournament without winning the conference tournament. So in that sense, I guess it means more to Boise. But only barely. Nevada would have a two-game lead over Boise with the tie-breaker. so it would all but end the conference race. And if Nevada lost it would have no more margin for error. I'd rather Boise sweat it out. 

There really aren't any games at this point that won't mean a lot for both teams.

It would give Nevada more of a cushion but again to many conference games left with many road matchups. With Caleb Martin hurting every win is going to be good for Nevada toward the end of the season. This week they can't do any worse than 1-1

18 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

I think it’s a big game for each team, Boise needs a quad 1 win. Would help for Nevada to get another quad 1 win and basically lock up a NCAA tourney bid with a win (it’s getting closer to lock territory now) and could help them get off 8/9 side line. I’m sure Boise will be favored but should be a good game if Caleb can still give 25ish minutes.

Just now, jdgaucho said:

Boise is among the First 4 Out in SI's bracket watch.  I expect Palm and Lunardi do too.  Even if they beat Nevada, they cannot afford another loss the rest of the way because CSU, Air Force and SDSU will only drag them down.

I did update the bracketology thread this morning and Boise is first four out in both. 

Just now, Jaredcg said:

I think it’s a big game for each team, Boise needs a quad 1 win. Would help for Nevada to get another quad 1 win and basically lock up a NCAA tourney bid with a win (it’s getting closer to lock territory now) and could help them get off 8/9 side line. I’m sure Boise will be favored but should be a good game if Caleb can still give 25ish minutes.

Unless winning the automatic bid I never say anything is a lock with the committee. I hate leaving the decision in someone else's hands when it comes to the tournament.