Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoState99755

El Donald -&- "Due Process"

1 minute ago, Rebelbacker said:

Over 4.3 MILLION people have a security clearance. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/06/06/who-has-security-clearance/102549298/

Seems to me 13 months or longer to conduct an investigation isn't abnormal. How many people are conducting these investigations?

Seems to me a system problem of too many people that have clearances and a lack of people vetting them. 

The FBI said today in congressional hearings that Porters investigations was closed several months ago.

1 minute ago, GoState99755 said:

The FBI said today in congressional hearings that Porters investigations was closed several months ago.

No he didn't. 

FBI Director Christopher Wray offered a new timeline on the background check for former White House staff secretary Rob Porter, saying the investigation ended in July but that new information was then provided to the White House in November and January.

“I can’t get into the content of what was briefed; what I can tell you is the FBI submitted a partial report on the investigation in question in March, and then a completed background investigation in late July,” he said.

“Soon thereafter we received request for follow-up inquiry and we did the follow-up and provided that information in November and then we administratively closed the file in January. And then earlier this month, we received additional information and we passed that on as well.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/373592-fbi-chief-offers-new-detailed-timeline-on-porter-background-check

21 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

No he didn't. 

FBI Director Christopher Wray offered a new timeline on the background check for former White House staff secretary Rob Porter, saying the investigation ended in July but that new information was then provided to the White House in November and January.

“I can’t get into the content of what was briefed; what I can tell you is the FBI submitted a partial report on the investigation in question in March, and then a completed background investigation in late July,” he said.

“Soon thereafter we received request for follow-up inquiry and we did the follow-up and provided that information in November and then we administratively closed the file in January. And then earlier this month, we received additional information and we passed that on as well.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/373592-fbi-chief-offers-new-detailed-timeline-on-porter-background-check

Great.  So the FBI "completed background investigation in late July" at which time he was not given a security clearance.  Thus we can assume he was denied a background check in July, over-5-months-ago.  The Administration has had 5-months to perform what you & the president refer to as "due process."  How much more time do you need?

You never answered my question from my previous post:

At this pt, what additional review do you think Porter deserves?  

29 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Yes he "...denied that he beat his wife."  He also admitted to taking the images of his handy work. He can't have it both ways.  

Congratulations that your "...last periodic investigation took 13-months."  I assume you don't wrk in the West Wing where those investigation are fast tracked.  Earlier today during congressional hearings, the FBI said Porter's background investigation was closed months ago.  

Yes "...there is such a thing as due process..." in a court of law.  What court of law is this issue being adjudicated in?  Technically Porter has no right to "due process," but he does deserve a fair shake.  The Administration had 13-months to give him a fair shake.  The evidence is overwhelmingly against him, so he's out.  At this pt, what additional review do you think Porter deserves?  

11 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Great.  So the FBI "completed background investigation in late July" at which time he was not given a security clearance.  Thus we can assume he was denied a background check in July, over-5-months-ago.  The Administration has had 5-months to perform what you & the president refer to as "due process."  How much more time do you need?

You can assume all you want he was denied in July but you don't know if that is true. Neither do I. And it's obvious that they requested more information and an additional investigation was done. He then said they closed the file in January.  Hell, Wray said they just gave more info this month. The admin doesn't do the investigation,the FBI does. So why don't you ask why it takes so long for the FBI to do them? Seems to me like I said in a different post that there are too many people that have clearances and not enough people to vet the ones that need them. 

You never asked me that question. You asked SDSU Fan. You've been responding to him. 

From what I've seen it looks bad for Porter. In this climate he can't work in the WH. 

I'm just wondering why these two dem Senators that faced spousal abuse charges aren't going through the same scrutiny? http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/like-trump-aide-who-resigned-two-senators-faced-spousal-abuse-charges/article/2648520

They go through security clearance protocols too. Have they been cleared? Why isn't their character being questioned?

1 hour ago, SDSUfan said:

"Lacking security clearances " is NOT about the ability to have a clearance.  It's about government  ability to investigate and process clearances.   My last periodic investigation took 13 months and I've held a clearance for roughly 40 years.

And again. the man denies that he beat his wife.  There is such a thing as due process.  I understand that minor details such as actual innocence and guilt mean virtually nothing to today's modern leftists, but some of us still hold on to such quaint notions.

What does "due process" have to do with this situation? Has Porter been charged with a crime? This is strictly a human resource issue and in this case the company (White House) has decided it's not worth the headache. The media or the Democrats did not make this decision.

Apparently, according to Trump's new FBI director, the administration knew about Porter's issues several months earlier than claimed:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/13/us/politics/rob-porter-fbi-background-check.html?emc=edit_na_20180213&nl=breaking-news&nlid=68276061&ref=cta

Again, due process is a legal argument for criminal cases.

There is no such protection outside of that. People and organizations are free to judge and act on whatever arbitrary or subjective standards they chose. Porter abused not one but two women. His church tried to protect him telling the women to think about his career. Kelly protected him. Trump defended him.

Middle finger and a big FU to all of those people and institutions that continue to protect, defend or excuse the inexcusable. Women have had enough. There's no going back.

One of the Final Five..........

4 hours ago, rudolro said:

His background check was completed in July per Wray.

Why do you guys keep defending this WH? It truly is baffling.

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/fbi-director-contradicts-white-house-on-rob-porter-investigation-timeline-1160599107693?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_np

Russian BOTs.  lol

4 hours ago, rudolro said:

His background check was completed in July per Wray.

Why do you guys keep defending this WH? It truly is baffling.

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/fbi-director-contradicts-white-house-on-rob-porter-investigation-timeline-1160599107693?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_np

That's truly the real... Trump Derangement Syndrome.

10 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

10 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

You can assume all you want he was denied in July but you don't know if that is true. Neither do I. And it's obvious that they requested more information and an additional investigation was done. He then said they closed the file in January.  Hell, Wray said they just gave more info this month. The admin doesn't do the investigation,the FBI does. So why don't you ask why it takes so long for the FBI to do them? Seems to me like I said in a different post that there are too many people that have clearances and not enough people to vet the ones that need them. 

Where did I ask "...why don't you ask why it takes so long for the FBI to do them?"   Look at the top box above.  I asked why "...does the administration need 5-months after the initial investigation was completed to conduct it's 'due process?'"

Here's another question you ignored:  "At this pt, what additional review do you think Porter deserves?"  

1 hour ago, GoState99755 said:

Where did I ask "...why don't you ask why it takes so long for the FBI to do them?

You didn't. I was asking you that question.

Look at the top box above.  I asked why "...does the administration need 5-months after the initial investigation was completed to conduct it's 'due process?'"

Because you have the timeline wrong. 

The FBI completed the initial investigation in July. Then they received a request for a follow up inquiry and it took them until November to provide it. The closed the file in January and new  info came up this month. So it wasn't 5 months as you said. 

"At this pt, what additional review do you think Porter deserves?"

I don't. I've seen enough to bounce his ass. 

10 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

You didn't. I was asking you that question.

Because you have the timeline wrong. 

The FBI completed the initial investigation in July. Then they received a request for a follow up inquiry and it took them until November to provide it. The closed the file in January and new  info came up this month. So it wasn't 5 months as you said. 

I don't. I've seen enough to bounce his ass. 

So the investigation was done in July and he wasn't given security clearance so the WH asked for it to be looked at again so they did and finished in November and he still wasn't given security clearance but still had complete access to all the info Trump saw. The FBI closed the case in January(which doesn't mean they were still working on it till then they finished in November they just took to January to administrately close the case. If he couldn't be given his security clearance he shouldn't have remained on but instead they were looking to promote him more right up until the story broke about him.

The WH messed this up big time and Kelly in particular. And in my opinion it shows how the administration feels about security clearances and its scary.