Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

SDSU vs Nevada

1 hour ago, bornsilverandblue said:

Looks like team doctors cleared Caleb to play a little time each game after some INTENSE treatment all week.  No weight on it whatsoever and all of practice time in the training room this last week.  Cleared for up to 20 minutes or until the pain got to him tonight.  Hopefully it’s not harmful.

I thought his shots were a little off tonight compared to before he hurt his foot. Lack of practice time or timing off a little with a tender foot? At any rate it's great to see him back.:Clapping:

12 hours ago, toonkee said:

How many years they giving Dutcher? Think they'll can him after this season if things continue this way?

They'll give him two more years.  It takes time adjusting from being the HCIW to being THE coach.  No way he's canned after this season.

57 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

They'll give him two more years.  It takes time adjusting from being the HCIW to being THE coach.  No way he's canned after this season.

He was handed a pretty good team, though.  It's not like he had to re-build.

I was glad to see how Nevada came together and put together a hell of a game. I think might have been, especially in the second half, best they have played in a while and a pretty good confidence builder for the team as well going into Boise and Utah St games. I don't know if people really know how big of a win that was for Nevada but also how big of a win for UNLV over Wyoming.  Those two things really increased Nevada's chances of having a 1 or 2 seed in the tournament. Two big road games next week though for Nevada, if they can split I think that is a victory for them.

With Caleb Martin's injury sounds like it is Stable Lisfranc injury which one of the big treatments is to keep weight off the foot as much as possible. They are going to have to keep checking it to make sure it doesn't result in a break however if it doesn't, keeping the weight off his foot as much as possible will help with the injury and that is where the boot comes in since usually they will put someone in a boot with this injury because it helps keep weight and pressure off the foot to help it heal. So think that is what they are doing with treatment and keeping him off that injured foot as well. 

The bad news is Martin won't be 100% for the rest of the year since that injury takes weeks to months to heal properly.