Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ltcpilot

Air Force vs New Mexico at Clune Arena

Hey guys....AF fan here. Interesting game. You guys were unconscious from the arc in the first half with 9 made and 60%. Big for us to get back to 7 by the half and good adjustments for us on your perimeter. I also think we adjusted our cutting and driving inside to look for any holds/fouls with the way the refs call the game

Reference the refs, I think they sucked for both teams but reading your game thread it was 'mostly' against NM in favor of AF. Well, as a fan there, I saw it just the other way (no surprise there, right?). And if you look at the final numbers AF was called for 27 PFs (AF called for 15 in the 2nd half) and NM 26 (NM 13 called on them in the 2nd half). From the line AF was 23-26 with NM shooting MORE FT 22-28. My point with the refs was with as physically tough as you were playing, we did not get many calls down the stretch, actually just the opposite IMHO.

15 TOs for AF vs the NM defense but with almost none versus the press....I'm surprised.

Good Luck....GO FALCONS

27982548_10209432409280855_8083161551025

..GO FALCONS..

6 hours ago, pokebball said:

How in the hell did you allow AF to score triple digits.  Dang man.  When's the last conf game AF scored a century?

It's pretty rare for any team to score 100 in a non-overtime conference game. Very impressive, AF. See you in Vegas on Wednesday.

19 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

If you play the Aztecs in the conference tourney, you'll beat us if for no other reason than unlike UNM fans, SDSU fans won't show up at the T&M to support such a sorry team.

the lobo fans have been few and far between in the last couple of years, as well.

19 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

That's my point. I don't think a whole lot of UNM fans will show up either. I'm not sure what the format is for making the MWCT anymore... does every team make it in, or is it only the the top 8 teams? If so, I don't think the Lobos will even make the tourney if its top 8  only.

all teams play in the tournament. teams #6-11 play on wednesday for the right to play #1-5 on thursday. that's why it's so important to finish in the top 5, to avoid that extra game.

15 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

the lobo fans have been few and far between in the last couple of years, as well.

all teams play in the tournament. teams #6-11 play on wednesday for the right to play #1-5 on thursday. that's why it's so important to finish in the top 5, to avoid that extra game.

I was kinda excited for Lobos to be doing well. As much as I hated them making me feel unwelcome in my own home over the years, I've missed the passion and energy they help create at the tournament. 

C'mon Lobos, keep up the fight for 3rd.

Hopefully, Rebs can at least keep winning and get some fans to show. 

10 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I was kinda excited for Lobos to be doing well. As much as I hated them making me feel unwelcome in my own home over the years, I've missed the passion and energy they help create at the tournament. 

C'mon Lobos, keep up the fight for 3rd.

Hopefully, Rebs can at least keep winning and get some fans to show. 

this is exactly right. we have talked about feeling uncomfortable in 'are' house (lol) during the tournament, but i'd take that over it feeling like a morgue as it does when the lobos don't show up. but i think they'll be back very soon..

5 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

this is exactly right. we have talked about feeling uncomfortable in 'are' house (lol) during the tournament, but i'd take that over it feeling like a morgue as it does when the lobos don't show up. but i think they'll be back very soon..

If we can get on some kind of a roll the rest of the season, that may excite fans enough to take the plunge and head to Vegas in numbers again.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

4 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

MWC Tournament needs a solid New Mexico team as their fans can fill a lot of seats and make it loud

Wyoming does well considering low population state

Best MWCT crowds have been SDSU, UNLV, UNM. WYO (in no order)..........Fresno has potential as does Nevada & BSU........would think USU could be pretty good..........SJSU, CSU & AF all have been non-factors

19 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

MWC Tournament needs a solid New Mexico team as their fans can fill a lot of seats and make it loud

Wyoming does well considering low population state

Best MWCT crowds have been SDSU, UNLV, UNM. WYO (in no order)..........Fresno has potential as does Nevada & BSU........would think USU could be pretty good..........SJSU, CSU & AF all have been non-factors

Still fondly remember the 2011 semi-finals SDSU(7), UNM, BYU(8), UNLV. That place was sold out with tickets going for $200+ outside. 

SDSU has had 5 upper half NCAA berths in a row.

1 hour ago, AztecBill said:

Still fondly remember the 2011 semi-finals SDSU(7), UNM, BYU(8), UNLV. That place was sold out with tickets going for $200+ outside. 

MWC tournament rocked when Utah & BYU were in the conference -