Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

youngredbullfan

Who is the greatest Basketball Player to ever come out of a current MWC school?

I mean you guys are forgetting a man who the NBA and basketball wouldn't exist in its current form without.........Kenny Sailors.

(I'm a Wyoming fan so I have to get Kenny into any discussion about greatness of basketball players) 

1 minute ago, tspoke said:

I mean you guys are forgetting a man who the NBA and basketball wouldn't exist in its current form without.........Kenny Sailors.

(I'm a Wyoming fan so I have to get Kenny into any discussion about greatness of basketball players) 

Its hard to rate pre-integration basketball players 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

LJ

Marion

George

Leonard

LJ probably keeps his spot if he didn't have those back problems.

Marion is one of the more under appreciated guys the NBA had in the early 2000's.

George and Leonard are likely to pass them both if they stay healthy.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

2 hours ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Gotta think its Paul George with Kawhi Leonard being a close second and Shawn Marion/Larry Johnson being third. 

All Current-MWC Team 

Paul George (FSU)

Kawhi Leonard (SDSU)

Shawn Marion (UNLV)

Larry Johnson (UNLV)

Gus Johnson (BSU) 

Bench: 

Danny Granger (UNM) 

Reggie Theus (UNLV) 

JR Rider (UNLV) 

Armen Gilliam (UNLV) 

Rafer Alston (FSU) /Ramon Sessions (UNR): Can't really decide here 

Michael Cooper (UNM) 

Ricky Sobers (UNLV) 

Nate Williams (USU) 

Honorable mention: Chris Childs (BSU) for punching Kobe in the face that one time 

Don't disagree much but cooper should be starting.   Marion and/or Johnson get bumped for him.  He has Too many rings.  One of the great defenders in a defensive era league.  

15 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

LJ

Marion

George

Leonard

LJ probably keeps his spot if he didn't have those back problems.

Marion is one of the more under appreciated guys the NBA had in the early 2000's.

George and Leonard are likely to pass them both if they stay healthy.

No one out of an MWC school will ever pass Larry Johnson's accomplishments.

National JuCO POY 1989

Wooden and Naismith Award Winner 1991

NBA Rookie of the Year 1992

I'm not demeaning any of those other players mentioned but when it comes to individual recognition, Larry Johnson dwarfs all the others.  And he led his team to an NCAA Championship and runner-up finish in his two D-1 seasons.

15 minutes ago, slappy said:

Don't disagree much but cooper should be starting.   Marion and/or Johnson get bumped for him.  He has Too many rings.  One of the great defenders in a defensive era league.  

LOL, no.  Cooper was just along for the ride for all those rings.  It's not like he would have elevated some other team to winning rings if he didn't play for LA. He averaged like 8 ppg during his career. Marion and Johnson were way better NBA players than Mike Cooper.  Marion and Johnson were multiple time All Stars. 

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Guest RoscoesDad
2 hours ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Chris Childs is a folk hero

Dude's ritual was to kick back a case of beer and smoke 3 joiints....before practice and games.  That HOF material in my book.

2 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

I thought you were going to ask about the best MWC players that actually played in the Mountain West.

We love the past in here. As I said earlier this topic just goes to show the dearth of great NBA talent the MWC has produced. Kawhi is about it

3 hours ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Gotta think its Paul George with Kawhi Leonard being a close second and Shawn Marion/Larry Johnson being third. 

All Current-MWC Team 

WAC - Paul George (FSU)   

MWC - Kawhi Leonard (SDSU)    

WAC - Shawn Marion (UNLV)      

BIG WEST - Larry Johnson (UNLV)

WHO CARES??? - Gus Johnson (BSU) 

Bench: 

WAC - Danny Granger (UNM) 

NO CLUE - LEGEND!!!! Reggie Theus (UNLV) 

BIG WEST - JR Rider (UNLV) 

NOT SURE - LEGEND!!!! RIP Armen Gilliam (UNLV) 

WAC - Rafer Alston (FSU)

WAC - Ramon Sessions (UNR): Can't really decide here 

LEGEND BUT NO CLUE - Michael Cooper (UNM) 

LEGEND!!! REEEEBELLS -. Ricky Sobers (UNLV) 

REALLY? WHO? Nate Williams (USU) 

Honorable mention: Chris Childs (BSU) for punching Kobe in the face that one time ((TWO PIECE!!!))

Fixed it for you.

12 minutes ago, Jaredcg said:

We love the past in here. As I said earlier this topic just goes to show the dearth of great NBA talent the MWC has produced. Kawhi is about it

So just another opportunity for Vegas fans to self-fellate about how things used to be?  Got it...