Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Caleb Martin out indefinitely

Well that sucks. The conference needs UNR to be firing on all cylinders. Hopefully Martin returns sooner than later.  

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

That blows. What happened? 

It happened against CSU. He dove for a ball late and his leg got caught under one of their players.  It was a ligament in his foot.  Hopefully we get him back in time for the MWC tournament. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

10 minutes ago, mugtang said:

It happened against CSU. He dove for a ball late and his leg got caught under one of their players.  It was a ligament in his foot.  Hopefully we get him back in time for the MWC tournament. 

I remember seeing that, didn't look good but he seemed okay shortly after. Really sucks

8k3esKz.png

Posted on the other thread: did some searching on Google.  2-8 weeks if surgery is not required, closer to 8 months if it is.  It’s honestly “don’t be surprised if his season is over” territory until we know the severity.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

5 hours ago, bornsilverandblue said:

Posted on the other thread: did some searching on Google.  2-8 weeks if surgery is not required, closer to 8 months if it is.  It’s honestly “don’t be surprised if his season is over” territory until we know the severity.

Let's all hope for the 2 weeks end of that timeframe.

6 hours ago, bornsilverandblue said:

The more I read about the injury, the more I feel Caleb could be done for the season.

10 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Yup, that's a meat grinder of a schedule coming up.

A meat grinder with 3 straight games against USU, SJSU, and CSU?  Not exactly.  They can go 6-1 or 5-2.  The issue is even one more loss puts them at 6 for the season and then would possibly set up a must win MWC tourney.  I am not sure a 7 loss team from MWC gets an NCAA tourney invite.   Not saying it's fair, but teams with double digit losses from top conferences will get preference.