Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingpotato

For those that still think the Blue is a gimmick

That's why it won't go anywhere. Haven't heard a single story of a recruit passing on Boise because they didn't want to play on the blue turf. Heard a lot of the opposite, though. There's just no upside to ditching the blue. Except to appease fans of other MWC schools. Not much motivation.

8 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Does Boise still accept partial qualifiers?

Unfortunately no, which is why Zach Wilson had to decommit and find a school that would take him.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Why do some BSU fans get so defensive over the truth? Mug is right, it's a branding gimmick. So? It +++++ing rules and we get incredible benefits from it.

How much it twists the panties of our rivals is just icing on the cake.

Boise State and the Blue are iconic. @kingpotato, you should sit back and enjoy it rather than feeling the need to defend it so much.

I think, therefore I'm.

2 minutes ago, ClevelandBrown said:

Why do some BSU fans get so defensive over the truth? Mug is right, it's a branding gimmick. So? It +++++ing rules and we get incredible benefits from it.

Boise State and the Blue are iconic. @kingpotato, you should sit back and enjoy it rather than feeling the need to defend it so much.

Defensive, twisted panties, not enjoying the ride? Where did you get that from?

Image result for jump to conclusions mat

1 minute ago, kingpotato said:

Defensive, twisted panties, not enjoying the ride? Where did you get that from?

"For those of you who think it's just a gimmick" - that's being defensive

"Panties twisted" - Uh, I was talking about our rival fans who hate it

"Not enjoying the ride" - Your need to "prove" to our rivals that the Blue isn't the gimmick that it is. I'm sure you're enjoying your fandom, I guess I just don't get your need of validation from other fans.

I think, therefore I'm.

7 minutes ago, ClevelandBrown said:

"For those of you who think it's just a gimmick" - that's being defensive

"Panties twisted" - Uh, I was talking about our rival fans who hate it

"Not enjoying the ride" - Your need to "prove" to our rivals that the Blue isn't the gimmick that it is. I'm sure you're enjoying your fandom, I guess I just don't get your need of validation from other fans.

Well, I'll tell ya what. I was in the car when the Harsin interview was on. While my daughter ran inside, I swiped the post really quick on my phone and didn't think about it again until just now. You can call it what you want, but it was really more informational than anything. I find it interesting that a recruit would largely pick a school because they have a blue field (in a round about way). If you don't find it interesting. That's fine. 

5 hours ago, MWC Tex said:

It's a FCS field just like EWU.  

It is a gimmick and always has from the beginning.  

Kids like it, adults not so much.  If the Boise fans don't care if the rest of college FB laughs at them more power to them.  But you'd better keep winning.

5 hours ago, wolfan8431 said:

Kids like it, adults not so much.  If the Boise fans don't care if the rest of college FB laughs at them more power to them.  But you'd better keep winning.

That's all Boise does - is WIN!!!

down in a hole.jpg

36 minutes ago, pokerider said:

No, its a gimmick to brainwash fans. 

I've always been a huge fan of brainwash. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

6 minutes ago, AlvinLee said:

The gimmick is built into the name of that school itself

A university isn't where you go to learn to drive a truck, be a waitress, or bartender. The rest of the country calls that a trade school or vocational school.

Good contribution, beginner.  New in town? 

18 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Harsin was just interviewed asking about how they ended up with Tyniel Hopper, who is one of the highest rated recruits in all of G5. He is from Georgia where the Broncos don't recruit so they were trying to find the connection, and it turns out that there was only one. Boise really liked his tape and wanted to find out more about him, so they started following him. He freaked out, told his dad, and they reached out to Boise State to see if he was interested. Turns out, he has been a huge Boise State fan his whole life and it started with him playing the NCAA football video game. He was ALWAYS Boise State so he could play on the Blue. 

It's branding... not a gimmick.

I don't think it's a gimmick, I just think it's uglier than Dre's mom. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

36 minutes ago, roughrider said:

Good contribution, beginner.  New in town? 

If you use the Trucker U school joke more than once a year you're trolling wrong. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

54 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

I don't think it's a gimmick, I just think it's uglier than Dre's mom. 

It's both.  It's a gimmick that is uglier than Dre's mom.

43 minutes ago, Dimwhit said:

Maybe he’s not trolling. He probably thinks BSU does actually still have a trucking school. 

One of the unfortunate circumstances of being an 8th year Sr, my original major was trucking - then they got rid of it.

Welp, there's always cummunication.

I would prefer real green grass but it will never happen. It's such a big part of our identity now it will never go away. 

In 3,000 years when the next form of dominant life forms expand their exploration of the the post nuclear age into Idaho, one of them will find a small dusty square of Blue Turf and ponder upon the significance.

latestbroncofanslogo.png.20959eb73e46249d924bc7abb968f702.png

9 hours ago, ClevelandBrown said:

I think this is a solid post.. Most non BSU fans including myself think the field is ugly... I get why they keep it.. It's one of those deals that even bad pub is still pup and therefore good pub. People talking about it keeps Boise in the spotlight.. Good marketing...

I think BSU fans should give up on trying to get the rest of the world to like it... Embrace what it is.. Good for Boise...

2 minutes ago, Bob said:

My dream is to take a crap on that blue field

A lot of teams in the conference have already beaten you to the punch and left their sh@t on that field. Boise included.