Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Broncos4life

BestInWest care to elaborate?

27 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

That problem would be solved if Diong played more minutes.  He’s a strong rim protector.

He's a monumentally better defender than McCoy... who is probably the laziest defender I've ever seen play college ball. Nowhere near as polished offensively, though.

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

He's a monumentally better defender than McCoy... who is probably the laziest defender I've ever seen play college ball. Nowhere near as polished offensively, though.

Zimmerman was worse. Wood was probably on par.

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

He seems to have put more effort in lately.

1 hour ago, SharkTanked said:

Zimmerman was worse. Wood was probably on par.

Boise has some of the same issues with some of their higher rated football recruits. When kids been the best their whole lives, they don't always have the work ethic it takes. Not all of 'em, but there have certainly some really big gets that ended up being monumentally average.

Just now, kingpotato said:

Boise has some of the same issues with some of their higher rated football recruits. When kids been the best their whole lives, they don't always have the work ethic it takes. Not all of 'em, but there have certainly some really big gets that ended up being monumentally average.

It magnifies itself when you are a 7ft high school center. Absolutely no need to play defense, and frankly it is more difficult to even develop a defensive game given the competition. The extremely few games you get against equal sized players give such an extremely small sample size, that it is easy to mask deficiencies that become readily apparent very quickly in D1 competition. McCoy freely admits he flat did not have to play defense at all until college, and wasn't really taught how to in the first place.

Now the fact that it has taken him so long to develop any semblance of a defensive game this season, IMO, is a coaching problem, since by all accounts the kid is actually very coachable.

6 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Boise State isn't the only team that takes a lot of three point shots. 

3-Point FG PCT
Team G 3FGM 3FGA PCT
Fresno State 23 162 395 0.410
Nevada 24 229 565 0.405
Boise State 24 240 609 0.394
Utah State 24 219 600 0.365
New Mexico 25 276 760 0.363
San José State 22 120 334 0.359
UNLV 23 134 383 0.350
San Diego State 21 160 468 0.342
Wyoming 23 200 602 0.332
Colorado State 26 179 543 0.330
Air Force 22 168 525 0.320

And so what? That's just part of the game.

Im not saying dont shoot 3s. BSU is good at making them, all i said was in your losses youve shot horrible and against the best teams youve played. I had an opinion. Not my fault people getting butt hurt as hell. Nothing in this thread even disproves what I have said.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

5 hours ago, Broncos4life said:

The only thing that is valid is you have not clue what you are talking about and if you only took 5 minutes to actually look to see what you are talking about, rather then what you want to see and admitted flat out guesses, then you would actually make statements of accuracy.  I'm not going to do your research for you.  There two reason Sengfelder scored that many points, with a high shooting percentage.  It had nothing to do with BSU isolating him.  It would have taken you 1 minute to figure out why.  It would also enlighten you a bit as to why BSU isn't just a one trick 3 point shooting pony.  It's a stat BSU leads in, and has a high probability in predicting wins.  Your welcome.  Keep posting.  It becomes more obvious that yo pull things out of your $#%^*$@.  

PS You know you are losing when you picked the arbitrary 5 three's made number based on living by the three which refers more to quantity and now you go to percentage like somehow it is a good argument change.  Wow... Stupid is what stupid does.  

This might be the dumbest shit I've ever read. Congrats.

It's +++++ing hilarious you truckers are so salty of my opinion. Rent free.

14 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

This might be the dumbest shit I've ever read. Congrats.

It's +++++ing hilarious you truckers are so salty of my opinion. Rent free.

This comes from a guy that gave an opinion with the clarification “I didn’t really look at it closely.”  Your opinion is completely void of reality, and it is not only ignorant but also wrong. You have lost the right to say someone else is the dumbest poster on the thread, because you are clearly competing for that title. Congrats on trying to back your opinions with the only strategy of being the loudest person in the room and providing zero factual basis for them. 

(If you had looked closely you would realize Sengfelder got almost all his points on offensive rebound put backs and two three pointers. He might have been fed down low a couple times.  But you are too busy making a fool of yourself with your poorly thought out opinions to actually have articulate well thought out opinions.)

14 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

Im not saying dont shoot 3s. BSU is good at making them, all i said was in your losses youve shot horrible and against the best teams youve played. I had an opinion. Not my fault people getting butt hurt as hell. Nothing in this thread even disproves what I have said.

Wait, so if a team shoots poorly, they have a higher percentage of losing, and it is even more true when you play better teams? Wow, your opinions are brilliant.  Nobody on this board would have figured that out for themselves ever.  It ranks right up there with, “the reason we lost is they scored more points.”  Amazing! 

On 2/7/2018 at 7:18 AM, BestintheWest said:

The only two tournament worthy teams you've played were SMU and Reno so far. Both were losses. Both you died by the 3.

Make that a sweep.

More rebounds.

Nearly double offensive board.

More steals.

More blocks.

More assists

Less turnovers.

92% fts

23/44 2pt FG 52%

5/26 3pt FG. 19%

Died by the 3.

Shout out to all my fans. That offense ain't built to consistently beat quality tourney teams. Welcome to the MWCT or bust crowd Boise.

1 hour ago, BestintheWest said:

Make that a sweep.

More rebounds.

Nearly double offensive board.

More steals.

More blocks.

More assists

Less turnovers.

92% fts

23/44 2pt FG 52%

5/26 3pt FG. 19%

Died by the 3.

Shout out to all my fans. That offense ain't built to consistently beat quality tourney teams. Welcome to the MWCT or bust crowd Boise.

This just in.....teams that play better tend to win.  More at 11...  

You seriously think you are cracking the code here?  Don't worry, that's rhetorical.  I've seen you move the goalposts from "live by the 3 die by the 3" to " well even just a good % from the 3 suffices as a victory even if there was only 12 attempts so yeah."