Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Broncos4life

BestInWest care to elaborate?

We certainly did not live by the three but beat the #3 conference team on the road while sucking it up terribly beyond the arc while UNM did very well in that regard.

@BestintheWest please give us your insight on this three point shooting fluke team.  

8 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We certainly did not live by the three but beat the #3 conference team on the road while sucking it up terribly beyond the arc while UNM did very well in that regard.

@BestintheWest please give us your insight on this three point shooting fluke team.  

#3 in the conference isn't saying much. About 5 different teams could be #3 at any point. If anything it just shows New Mexico isn't quite there yet with the talent, but in the right direction.

By stats alone, because I didn't see the game, it looks like the lane was open for business for Hutch and Sengfelder was getting isolation inside. A repeat of the first matchup against UNLV. When UNLV ran off shooters and you guys had the inside the paint game on lock. YOu only shot 13 3's that game. 5-13.

You didn't suck it up. You went 4-12. .333..thats only 4% off your average.

So you guys couldn't do your own research like I told you...

Go look at your last 3 losses and you'll see what dying by the 3 is. You averaged 26 3's per game in those losses, but shot a terrible 23% 3pFG% .

1 hour ago, Broncos4life said:

Bestinwest you have nothing?  Care to elaborate that BSU is now 4-2 when making 5 three's or less?  Care to explain how in both losses BSU actually lead in the two losses late?  Still think BSU is a live by the three die by the three?  

Crickets....

I got a job buster. 12-16 hour shifts 3-4 days a week. If ya'll think I'm gonna waste my time responding to you every game Boise plays think wrong.

Making 5 three's or less? Who cares. It's about percentages.

Boise's magic number is 31%.

When you shoot at or below 31% you're 3-3. 2 of those wins are a 2 OT win against GCU. Then a 2 pt win vs UTEP....Not exactly tournament teams amIright?

The only two tournament worthy teams you've played were SMU and Reno so far. Both were losses. Both you died by the 3.

IN before the blah blah blah of course if you shoot bad from the 3...you're gonna lose. UNLV has won plenty of games shooting in the 20% ranges. Hell we beat Utah by 30 and shot 31% from 3. We took Arizona Who is an eventual top 10 team into overtime and shot a horrible 23%.

If this doesn't show you some validity behind my reason to you...you're just being ignorant. Stop worrying about my opinion on your +++++ing team or trying to call me out like I'm pulling some kind of PH shit or hating on Boise. I'm just speaking on what the +++++ I see boys.

In reality lets trash half our rosters. Team up UNLV's frontcourt with your +++++ing shooters and bring this horrible conference a national title.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

4 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

#3 in the conference isn't saying much. About 5 different teams could be #3 at any point. If anything it just shows New Mexico isn't quite there yet with the talent, but in the right direction.

By stats alone, because I didn't see the game, it looks like the lane was open for business for Hutch and Sengfelder was getting isolation inside. A repeat of the first matchup against UNLV. When UNLV ran off shooters and you guys had the inside the paint game on lock. YOu only shot 13 3's that game. 5-13.

Go look at your last 3 losses and you'll see what dying by the 3 is. You averaged 26 3's per game in those losses, but shot a terrible 23% 3pFG% .

I got a job buster. 12-16 hour shifts 3-4 days a week. If ya'll think I'm gonna waste my time responding to you every game Boise plays think wrong.

When you shoot at or below 31% you're 3-3. 2 of those wins are a 2 OT win against GCU. Then a 2 pt win vs UTEP....Not exactly tournament teams amIright?

The only two tournament worthy teams you've played were SMU and Reno so far. Both were losses. Both you died by the 3.

IN before the blah blah blah of course if you shoot bad from the 3...you're gonna lose. UNLV has won plenty of games shooting in the 20% ranges. Hell we beat Utah by 30 and shot 31% from 3. We took Arizona Who is an eventual top 10 team into overtime and shot a horrible 23%.

If this doesn't show you some validity behind my reason to you...you're just being ignorant. Stop worrying about my opinion on your +++++ing team or trying to call me out like I'm pulling some kind of PH shit or hating on Boise. I'm just speaking on what the +++++ I see boys.

In reality lets trash half our rosters. Team up UNLV's frontcourt with you +++++ing shooters and bring this horrible conference a national title.

If it takes that long to try to explain, I know you don't even believe it. So... 

too long didn't read george clooney gif dr heckle funny wtf pictures.gif

Just now, kingpotato said:

If it takes that long to try to explain, I know you don't even believe it. So... 

too long didn't read george clooney gif dr heckle funny wtf pictures.gif

Thank god. I didn't want to see you think that hard.

giphy.gif

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

1 hour ago, Broncos4life said:

Bestinwest you have nothing?  Care to elaborate that BSU is now 4-2 when making 5 three's or less?  Care to explain how in both losses BSU actually lead in the two losses late?  Still think BSU is a live by the three die by the three?  

Crickets....

That's exactly right. He dug his heels in the sand and is now doing a really solid ph impression. 

38 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

That's exactly right. He dug his heels in the sand and is now doing a really solid ph impression. 

Twins For the most part.

But ph will typically have better arguments and facts to support his case.  

Boise State isn't the only team that takes a lot of three point shots. 

3-Point FG PCT
Team G 3FGM 3FGA PCT
Fresno State 23 162 395 0.410
Nevada 24 229 565 0.405
Boise State 24 240 609 0.394
Utah State 24 219 600 0.365
New Mexico 25 276 760 0.363
San José State 22 120 334 0.359
UNLV 23 134 383 0.350
San Diego State 21 160 468 0.342
Wyoming 23 200 602 0.332
Colorado State 26 179 543 0.330
Air Force 22 168 525 0.320

And so what? That's just part of the game.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

In reality lets trash half our rosters. Team up UNLV's frontcourt with your +++++ing shooters and bring this horrible conference a national title.

The only thing that is valid is you have not clue what you are talking about and if you only took 5 minutes to actually look to see what you are talking about, rather then what you want to see and admitted flat out guesses, then you would actually make statements of accuracy.  I'm not going to do your research for you.  There two reason Sengfelder scored that many points, with a high shooting percentage.  It had nothing to do with BSU isolating him.  It would have taken you 1 minute to figure out why.  It would also enlighten you a bit as to why BSU isn't just a one trick 3 point shooting pony.  It's a stat BSU leads in, and has a high probability in predicting wins.  Your welcome.  Keep posting.  It becomes more obvious that yo pull things out of your $#%^*$@.  

PS You know you are losing when you picked the arbitrary 5 three's made number based on living by the three which refers more to quantity and now you go to percentage like somehow it is a good argument change.  Wow... Stupid is what stupid does.  

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

You can look at the numbers, and there is a strong correlation between three point shooting and conference standing.  We’re shooting 29% from three in conference play.  That’s killing us.

I agree.  In my opinion it is the reason why UNLV has problems on the defensive end.  They can't get into a 3 point shooting contest, and in order to make it a 2 point shooting game down low they put high pressure on the arc, leaving the lane wide open.  If they had better rim protection it would work, but unfortunately your centers aren't great shot blockers.  If they were it would work better and  UNLV would be near the top of the conference.  They would then have a huge advantage because they do have the best down low game in the league.  Fresno does the same thing.  It is very obvious when you actually do game by game break downs of those two teams.  

59 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Boise State isn't the only team that takes a lot of three point shots. 

3-Point FG PCT
Team G 3FGM 3FGA PCT
Fresno State 23 162 395 0.410
Nevada 24 229 565 0.405
Boise State 24 240 609 0.394
Utah State 24 219 600 0.365
New Mexico 25 276 760 0.363
San José State 22 120 334 0.359
UNLV 23 134 383 0.350
San Diego State 21 160 468 0.342
Wyoming 23 200 602 0.332
Colorado State 26 179 543 0.330
Air Force 22 168 525 0.320

And so what? That's just part of the game.

Don't tell best in the west, but the top 5 teams in 3 pointers attempted all have winning records in conference.  No coincidence though.  None at all.  Fresno while not taking as many is the #1 3 point shooting team.  Just saying.  Game has changed.  

20 minutes ago, Broncos4life said:

I agree.  In my opinion it is the reason why UNLV has problems on the defensive end.  They can't get into a 3 point shooting contest, and in order to make it a 2 point shooting game down low they put high pressure on the arc, leaving the lane wide open.  If they had better rim protection it would work, but unfortunately your centers aren't great shot blockers.  If they were it would work better and  UNLV would be near the top of the conference.  They would then have a huge advantage because they do have the best down low game in the league.  Fresno does the same thing.  It is very obvious when you actually do game by game break downs of those two teams.  

That problem would be solved if Diong played more minutes.  He’s a strong rim protector.

3 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

That problem would be solved if Diong played more minutes.  He’s a strong rim protector.

Hard to argue that.  55% of the blocks with 32% of the playing time when compared with McCoy. 

Currently you guys average about 4 blocks per game.  If you were closer to Virginia in blocks (7) you guys would be extremely tough.  The talent is there.