Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boise fan

Cadet Donny "Bone Spurs" Drumpf wants Military Parade

This is a stupid idea on so many levels. First, the optics are terrible. Nothing says Tinpot Dictator better than a military parade. Most importantly you are going to piss off every junior enlisted man who is unlucky enough to be voluntold to do this dumb shit. Giving up a weekend for a phucking Dog and Pony show will not go over well with the Lance Corporal Underground. I can see the word getting passed down the chain going something like this. Pres: We will have a parade on 4 July at 0900. SecDef: Be formed up and ready to step off at 0800. MEF CG: Be formed up at 0700. Div CG: Be in formation by 0600. Bn CO: Form up at 0500, Company 1stSgt, Formation at 0430. Plt Sgt: Every swinging dick better be here no later than 0400. Squad Leader: You phuckers better be ready to go at 0330. The "Hurry and wait" factor for this goat rope will be insane.

1 hour ago, Boise fan said:

Hey @Rebelbacker!  ^^^^ - Cliff notes from a retired US Army Major to begin your edjumakation.  Though it might be a little too involved for you right now.  Hope your reading has started, and it's going well!

Let me give you an education. What you have quoted in bold type is an opinion. It is not a fact. Here is the definition of opinion since you are having a problem with it. 

o·pin·ion

əˈpinyən/

noun

a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

"I'm writing to voice my opinion on an issue of great importance"

synonyms:belief, judgment, thought(s), (way of) thinking, mind, (point of) view, viewpoint, outlook, attitude, stance, position, perspective, persuasion, standpoint; More

2 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

Let me give you an education. What you have quoted in bold type is an opinion. It is not a fact. Here is the definition of opinion since you are having a problem with it. 

o·pin·ion

əˈpinyən/

noun

a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

synonyms:belief, judgment, thought(s), (way of) thinking, mind, (point of) view, viewpoint, outlook, attitude, stance, position, perspective, persuasion, standpoint; More

I see you haven't started your reading yet.  Get on it, son!

Glad to see you know how to use the internet to look up words.  Apparently your deductive reasoning skills still suck, but that will come in time.

Keep at it though!  Don't be a drone.  Your country demands more of you!

Be a patriot!  MAGA!

PS- I didn't bold anything.  Follow the trail back.

:D

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

5 hours ago, sean327 said:

This is a stupid idea on so many levels. First, the optics are terrible. Nothing says Tinpot Dictator better than a military parade. Most importantly you are going to piss off every junior enlisted man who is unlucky enough to be voluntold to do this dumb shit. Giving up a weekend for a phucking Dog and Pony show will not go over well with the Lance Corporal Underground. I can see the word getting passed down the chain going something like this. Pres: We will have a parade on 4 July at 0900. SecDef: Be formed up and ready to step off at 0800. MEF CG: Be formed up at 0700. Div CG: Be in formation by 0600. Bn CO: Form up at 0500, Company 1stSgt, Formation at 0430. Plt Sgt: Every swinging dick better be here no later than 0400. Squad Leader: You phuckers better be ready to go at 0330. The "Hurry and wait" factor for this goat rope will be insane.

I doubt it but it sounds like you may have seen General Jack Jacobs Rt, on MSNBC this morning. He said essentially the same thing.

11 minutes ago, renoskier said:

I doubt it but it sounds like you may have seen General Jack Jacobs Rt, on MSNBC this morning. He said essentially the same thing.

I don't doubt it because I was one of those unlucky Lance Corporals picked to do stupid dog and pony shows back in my younger days. I've experienced every bit of the suck that I put in my post. Phuck with a Marine's weekend and get back to me about how it went.

Plus you won't catch me dead watching MSNBC.

23 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Ain't photoshop great!  Makes your Trump monkey spanking sessions that much more passionate. 

Ya know, when it comes to the military I think Trump is more of a reincarnation of George Patton.  A self absorbed egotist who couldn't handle protocol.

20 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

o·pin·ion

əˈpinyən/

noun

What did you think of the assertion made by that guy's opinion?

Certainly he's qualified to make one.  Specifically, what did you make of this assertion that given Trump's tendencies to praise and forgive guys like Putin and his insatiable ego, it's more likely that Trump wants the military to salute HIM rather than the other way around?

Do you agree with that assessment?  Why or why not?

2 hours ago, AndroidAggie said:

What did you think of the assertion made by that guy's opinion?

Certainly he's qualified to make one.  Specifically, what did you make of this assertion that given Trump's tendencies to praise and forgive guys like Putin and his insatiable ego, it's more likely that Trump wants the military to salute HIM rather than the other way around?

Do you agree with that assessment?  Why or why not?

What I think is its a little of both. Trump has shown great respect for the military and I don't think that's fake at all. I think he loved being at the Bastille Day parade and thinks that having a parade here would be a good show of our power. That he is commander in chief and the optics of him at the parade might make him look good I'm pretty sure enters into his calculations as well.  

4 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

What I think is its a little of both. Trump has shown great respect for the military and I don't think that's fake at all. I think he loved being at the Bastille Day parade and thinks that having a parade here would be a good show of our power. That he is commander in chief and the optics of him at the parade might make him look good I'm pretty sure enters into his calculations as well.  

I appreciate your answer to the question.  Thank you.

I am not convinced that Trump's baseline personal behavior demonstrates a sense of respect or healthy awe for anything.  He appears to be motivated by conquest and the satisfaction that brings.  Any other president and this would be a non-issue.  Especially GWB and his support and love for our troops.  President Trump is too self serving for me to take his desire to do this as an altruistic undertaking. 

2 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

I appreciate your answer to the question.  Thank you.

I am not convinced that Trump's baseline personal behavior demonstrates a sense of respect or healthy awe for anything.  He appears to be motivated by conquest and the satisfaction that brings.  Any other president and this would be a non-issue.  Especially GWB and his support and love for our troops.  President Trump is too self serving for me to take his desire to do this as an altruistic undertaking. 

I don't think that when you get to be president anything is truly altruistic. 

2 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

I don't think that when you get to be president anything is truly altruistic. 

I think there's a difference between ambition, confidence you can do the job, the narcissism we all have in various amounts that comes with self-adoration and self-adulation at becoming someone important, and Donald Trump; a man who demonstrates very very few redeeming qualities elsewhere.

Donald Trump cares nothing for the weak, the downtrodden, the unimportant.  If you want the measure of a man, see how he treats those he deems unequal.

I am strongly convinced there is very little -- nigh on to nothing -- redeeming about Donald Trump.  I am skeptical I could be convinced otherwise.

30 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

What exactly has Cadet Deferment done to show "great respect for the military"?

35 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

What exactly has Cadet Deferment done to show "great respect for the military"?

I could explain it but it's just a waste of time. When you refer to someone as Cadet Deferment you aren't looking for something that might shake your existing view. 

12 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

I could explain it but it's just a waste of time. When you refer to someone as Cadet Deferment you aren't looking for something that might shake your existing view. 

So are you deferring it?

:D

Seriously dude, go for it.  Please explain how he has shown "great respect for the military".   

I haven't seen anything to support your claim.  Educate me!

1 hour ago, Rebelbacker said:

Great respect? Have you forgotten how he treated John McCain and the Gold Star family?

16 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Great respect? Have you forgotten how he treated John McCain and the Gold Star family?

Hey, hey, hey!   Get in line!  I've already asked him - twice - to explain his statement.  He deferred  the first time.  Push him too hard and he'll claim bone spurs!

Gotta love that he was upset that I referred to Donny as Cadet Deferment, given the thread title he has readily participated in. 

But logic and reason escape him....bigly.

Ah shit, now I probably scared the fish away...