Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at Nevada

20 minutes ago, Broncos4Ever said:

Breaking news!!!  A team that shot poorly from 3 lost a game!  I'm sure that only happens to teams that "live and die by the 3"...

Come out of the 80's already and just admit that all teams basically live and die by the 3 in today's game.  I saw UNLV jack up plenty of them last night.  Fortunately for them they went in.  Does that mean UNLV is living by the 3 now?

051739e998355e194462fa82285476e034a9b5-wm (1).jpg

off topic, but good for him. he knows he'll be traveling soon.

Anthony Slater‏Verified account @anthonyVslater 24h24 hours ago

Steve Kerr said Patrick McCaw has requested to get some tune-up minutes in the G-League. He will play there on Friday night.

2 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

i'm kind of wondering how @slappy is doing today.. somebody better check on him, he's probably having a hard time since unlv beat nevada, and played boise to OT..this doesn't fit his schtick.

Excusing my lost wager, things couldn't of worked out any better for the boys.  Down the stretch we are hunting for a MW title.  I owe you a big thank you. 

32 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

UNLV is 9-1 this season when Mooring scores at least 15 points, with the only defeat coming at home to New Mexico when the Rebels squandered a late lead. They are 8-6 when Mooring doesn’t hit that mark.

It been true all season, as Mooring goes this team goes.  He is the spark plug and difference maker.

Johnson makes a big difference too, maybe not in stats but with the speed he brings the ball up and good looking passes once the D collapses on him.  

Inside outside, you need both and when you show both with that level of talent at the post, you're going to cause problems. 

5 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

Drew? The entire starting 5 is nice IMO. Twins, Drew, Caroline and Stephens. It is thin because the Pack lost Oliver (can only dream if he was still on this team) we lost a few transfers to grades. 

Okay, I can name Drew. Id probably say that the other twin is not all that good, though.

Guest RoscoesDad
4 hours ago, quickdraw said:

Somewhere around the UNLV vs FSU game I believe a few things happened. 1st I believe that the players got sick and tired of losses. Since then we have all seen a dramatic change in the effort and attitude that the Rebels play with. This has made all of the difference especially when it involves the fact that they are playing hard for the entire game. While they are still growing and learning how to play as a team where everyone plays with effort the results have been dramatic in the last 4 games.

2nd thing is that MM has been doing a much better job of game and clock management. You can see the rotation changes and with the exception of not calling a TO to stop BSU's 14pt run it has been night and day difference from most of his other games since coming to Vegas. Moving Clyburn to the bench and lowering his PT, using Diong when McCoy doesn't play with effort, getting Hardy Beck and Juiston on the floor together has changed the tone to the team's play. We really need to use the bench a bunch more to keep the starters fresh as we enter crunch time these next 5 weeks. This also just makes the team stronger for the next few years as well.

UNR still has the horses to make a run. Their newest challenge will be to get enough bench play so that their starters don't get worn down over the next 5 weeks.They have the talent and coaching to stay relevant so it really becomes all about bench contributions at this point. Trying to rebuild a bench while 3/4 of the way through a season is a daunting task but they don't need stars, just players that don't hurt them while killing minutes.

This team can beat anyone if they understand that they need to at least match the effort of the other team.  As long as they can do that, we have a shot against anyone in the top 25.  If this team managed to win the MWCT, I wouldn't be shocked at all if they picked off 1 or 2 wins or more.  It's really up to them how far they go.

45 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

This team can beat anyone if they understand that they need to at least match the effort of the other team.  As long as they can do that, we have a shot against anyone in the top 25.  If this team managed to win the MWCT, I wouldn't be shocked at all if they picked off 1 or 2 wins or more.  It's really up to them how far they go.

Exactly - This has been the case since the Utah & Arizona games - UNLV has a tendency to play to the level of the opponent, but if they get their ducks in a row and play with focus the talent is there to win every game on the schedule - UNLV's worst enemy is their own effort/mindset/focus - if they can get that fixed.......which we might see happening as UNLV is one bucket away from sweeping BSU & UNR on the road.......this team could be dangerous come MWCT time 

17 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Caleb surpassed Caroline as my favorite pack player..i hate seeing players get injured, they work so hard for so many years to get where they are, only to have to watch the game from the bench. it sucks. i hope he recovers quickly, and can get back on the court soon, where he belongs.

I honestly don't know how anyone wouldn't have Caroline as their favorite player (not on their own team). A grinder who does all the dirty work. Every team in the country can use a guy like that.

20 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

With Ca. Martin out,  Boise is the team to beat. That is a very unfortunate turn of events for UNR.

Yep. Both teams still control their own destiny but Boise is in the driver's seat. Definitely the favorite to take the top seed now.

Hoping Caleb can at least be back for the MWC tourney, or hell just hope he can get back to form next year and for his career. Injuries suck.

8k3esKz.png

6 minutes ago, Chrysis said:

Yep. Both teams still control their own destiny but Boise is in the driver's seat. Definitely the favorite to take the top seed now.

Hoping Caleb can at least be back for the MWC tourney, or hell just hope he can get back to form next year and for his career. Injuries suck.

It would be better for the league if Boise won. Reno has a better shot at an at-large. Boise is a bubble team. Outside of a collapse, Reno should get in.

32 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

It would be better for the league if Boise won. Reno has a better shot at an at-large. Boise is a bubble team. Outside of a collapse, Reno should get in.

It would be better for the league if UNLV won the MW tournament. We are actually able to win a game or 6 in the tournament from time to time.