Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at Nevada

8 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

What other guys? We’re paper thin already. We can beat some of the struggling teams without him, but I don’t think we can beat the top half the conference. 

Its too easy to take away Stephens without Caleb keeping the perimeter D honest. They already sag on Drew out there. And it’s not like we have a bunch of 7-footers out there to pound it inside.

if Muss can figure out a way to keep us tourney worthy without him it would be really impressive.

Without Caleb, Reno is still probably the #2 team in the league night in and night out.

6 minutes ago, bigd said:

Way to bring up pro sports on a college message board...

UNLV might as well join the Big West if Vegas ever gets an NBA team. Commuter schools in pro sports towns don't belong in this league, you'll become SJSU.

We'd gladly take them back.  UNLV would only elevate the Big West once again.  

8 minutes ago, NWRebel said:

Congrats to our Lady Rebels for taking down unr today as well.  77-75.

First Place in the MWC.  Go Lady Rebs!!!

i checked in on that game late in the 3rd quarter, the rebs were up by 20. they almost let UNR steal it..

6 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

@bigd  Superbowl? Our NFL team WILL win an actual Superbowl and our NHL team will win a Stanley Cup long before smalltime Reno ever even sniffs a National Championship in a relevant sport...which we've already accomplished.

But don't fret Reno, we might throw you a bone and hold our Training Camp there.

4 minutes ago, NWRebel said:

Practice facility going up in Hendo.  Training camp maybe in reno but, those pro athletes won't like it.

out by the Henderson Executive Airport. they let them have land worth $12 mill, for $6mil..

2 minutes ago, bigd said:

Are we helping? I thought it was from Clark County hotel room taxes?

Either way, I'm all for the Raiders being in Vegas. But it won't help UNLV athletics.

NV state guaranteed.

I personally am not that happy about states vouching for pro stadiums.

Sheldon Adelson said "Adios" to this one.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

3 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

the guy has  always been a total dildo. Insecure as all hell.

Acts like No Nevada isn't help to  pay for the NFL stadium

You guys aren't paying for sh*t. Vegas tax revenue has subsidizing the rest of this state for years.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

2 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

We'll gladly take them back.  UNLV would only elevate the Big West once again.

You can win a national championship from the Big West, ya know.

3 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

the guy has  always been a total dildo. Insecure as all hell.

Acts like No Nevada isn't help to  pay for the NFL stadium

Wait wut? How exactly is northern Nevada paying for the stadium? Other than staying in Vegas hotels?

3 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Without Caleb, Reno is still probably the #2 team in the league night in and night out.

Man I hope so. Our marigin for error is much smaller of course. Need guys like Hall and Foster to really step up.

8k3esKz.png

1 minute ago, Lester_in_reno said:

NV state guaranteed.

I personally am not that happy about states vouching for pro stadiums.

Sheldon Adelson said "Adios" to this one.

there's a very good chance the world cup will be at the stadium in 2026, expected to bring in $650 mill for that alone. i think we'll be able to pay for it.

2 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Maybe. But even if that’s the case, road games against Boise and UNLV will be tough for them. At USU and SDSU aren’t gimmes either. Before tonight I would’ve probably agreed, but there was a lot I didn’t like. Taking away Kendall Stephens surprised me.

3 minutes ago, Mad_Hatter said:

Wait wut? How exactly is northern Nevada paying for the stadium? Other than staying in Vegas hotels?

The only time the state will pay is if revenue doesn't come in. Revenue is far outpacing estimates so far. The model seems very conservative. I wouldn't worry if I was the North. 

5 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

You guys aren't paying for sh*t. Vegas tax revenue has subsidizing the rest of this state for years.

Great  so buy us this one you condescending wad.

GET ON IT!

http://mynews4.com/on-your-side/on-your-side-iteam/on-your-side-local-leaders-clash-over-need-for-new-road-to-tesla

Washoe and Carson and Douglas pay for everything they do.

You need to pull that dildo out of your angry   ass.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

2 minutes ago, Chrysis said:

Man I hope so. Our marigin for error is much smaller of course. Need guys like Hall and Foster to really step up.

Foster. Him being buried on the bench all year looms large now.

26 minutes ago, VincentVegaBond said:

We were without our leading scorer (McCoy) for most of the game because of the refs calling so many fouls on him. 

Your argument has no merit.

All I’m going to say is that your fans who say you’re better off without him are correct in my eyes.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

1 minute ago, Lester_in_reno said:

Great  so buy us this one you condescending wad.

GET ON IT!

http://mynews4.com/on-your-side/on-your-side-iteam/on-your-side-local-leaders-clash-over-need-for-new-road-to-tesla

Washoe and Carson and Douglas pay for everything they do.

You need to pull that dildo out of your angry   ass.

Uh huh, exactly. Any tax revenue Reno could muster up, they bent over and gave away the house so Tesla can build their warehouse in the desert. Hey, I'm glad its working out for you guys. You need it.

You guys going to make Walmart tax-except too to bring more of those precious $8/hr jobs to reno?

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

Just now, Rebels18 said:

Uh huh, exactly. Any tax revenue Reno could muster up, they bent over and gave away the house so Tesla can build their warehouse in the desert. Hey, I'm glad its working out for you guys. You need it.

You guys going to make Walmart tax-except too to bring more of those precious $8/hr jobs to reno?

+++++ off.

You are mental

cerified_Subarus.jpg

9 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Great game UNLV. 

IMO Nevada is closer to SJSU than Boise w/o Caleb. D takes a huge hit, depth takes a huge hit, lose the best leader, and also clearly the offensive catalyst. 

1 minute ago, NevadaFan said:

Great game UNLV. 

IMO Nevada is closer to SJSU than Boise w/o Caleb. D takes a huge hit, depth takes a huge hit, lose the best leader, and also clearly the offensive catalyst. 

That might be a little much, but I guess we’ll find out

3 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

The median home price in Reno is $150k more than in Vegas, we could come up with plenty of revenue.