Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelawlorfaithful

Government Shutdown 2018 2.0

26 minutes ago, AlvinLee said:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42952519

#blacklivesmatter #bordersmatter

Illegal immigrants commit less violent crime than citizens, which is empirically proven. #DeportAlvin 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

19 minutes ago, pokerider said:

OOPS,  the Senate just reached a 2 year budget agreement!  So I guess No Shutdown.  

Has anybody told Pelosi, or is she still faux-filibustering it?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

She doesn’t support the agreement.  But then again, she doesn’t think natural gas is a fossil fuel either.

She’s been on the floor of the house for hours opposing a senate deal because the Dreamer situation hasn’t been resolved.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

34 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

She’s been on the floor of the house for hours opposing a senate deal because the Dreamer situation hasn’t been resolved.

In fairness, from what I read she was only asking to have the same guarantee that McConnell gave the senate of having a vote after the budget.

Still would be silly of them to hold up the vote cuz now if the budget isn't passed it is owned by Ryan and the House Repubs which many of the Tea partiers aren't happy with the budget and the domestic increases.

The same will happen with DACA if the Senate passes a bipartisan bill, Ryan won't want to put it to the floor cuz the far right wing of his party won't support it but it would pass with Dems. So he will own it if it doesn't pass and anger a lot of his party in the house if he brings it for a vote.

35 minutes ago, tspoke said:

In fairness, from what I read she was only asking to have the same guarantee that McConnell gave the senate of having a vote after the budget.

Still would be silly of them to hold up the vote cuz now if the budget isn't passed it is owned by Ryan and the House Repubs which many of the Tea partiers aren't happy with the budget and the domestic increases.

The same will happen with DACA if the Senate passes a bipartisan bill, Ryan won't want to put it to the floor cuz the far right wing of his party won't support it but it would pass with Dems. So he will own it if it doesn't pass and anger a lot of his party in the house if he brings it for a vote.

She’s grandstanding after the fact. The house had already passed the budget yesterday. I don’t think Ryan minds owning a no vote on a bad bill.

Just now, thelawlorfaithful said:

She’s grandstanding after the fact. The house had already passed the budget yesterday. I don’t think Ryan minds owning a no vote on a bad bill.

I agree she's grandstanding(or trying to win back the house members that are strong pro immigration) but the house only passed a CR yesterday. They will have still have to vote on the senate bill.

2 hours ago, tspoke said:

I agree she's grandstanding(or trying to win back the house members that are strong pro immigration) but the house only passed a CR yesterday. They will have still have to vote on the senate bill.

If the Dems flip the House in the mid-terms, she will NOT be the SOTH.  I think there'll be too many younger incoming progressive reps who'll want to take the gavel away from that grandma.  I've noticed she has difficulty putting words together so she hesitates when she speaks.  Not someone who I'd follow, regardless of party.   

4 minutes ago, aztech said:

If the Dems flip the House in the mid-terms, she will NOT be the SOTH.  I think there'll be too many younger incoming progressive reps who'll want to take the gavel away from that grandma.  I've noticed she has difficulty putting words together so she hesitates when she speaks.  Not someone who I'd follow, regardless of party.   

I hope not.  That looney toon gave an 8 hour speech today on DACA.  Bet the scene looked something like this:

609A3EE8-5E0C-42F0-A41F-7794221BB9D9.gif

v0icAvfW.jpg

2 hours ago, pokebball said:

fixed it for you

Less violent crime, dipshit. No amount of corny edits will change that. #Ihatetrumpbutloveeverythinghedoes

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

3 hours ago, AlvinLee said:

Indeed. Less than citizens. I know the facts hurt. #deportalvinsfamily

4 hours ago, tspoke said:

Yep, you’re right, my bad.

21 hours ago, aztech said:

The irony there is that Dems would do better if she vacated the position before the election. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

21 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

The irony there is that Dems would do better if she vacated the position before the election. 

This is what I never figured out. She's single handedly been the greatest propaganda piece for republicans. Why is she still leading? Everyone else who's lost that many seats in the house lost their position regardless if it's their fault or not.  She has to know where some bodies are burried or something....