Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoboMan59

BSU @ UNM... Who you got?

That is the best defense I have seen in a very long time. Very well played UNM by all but 1. Mathis is a frickin' stud!

Furstinger is trash. Our weak azz conference won't do anything. That dude should be suspended for multiple games. The taunting over Haney in the first half and then a blow to the throat.

Get that guy outta here!!!

Just now, WilliamHicks said:

Your defense is scary as hell. My God, don't let that coach go anywhere.  You are my 2nd favorite BB team right now. 

It was a great atmosphere for about 38 minutes lol. Good luck Boise...until next time....?

1 minute ago, Spot50B said:

If Boise State does end up with the #2 seed, I'm not sure which team would be a tougher matchup for a #2-#3 game-- UNLV at T&M or New Mexico...

Lobos might have more fans, lol.

14 minutes ago, BobbyBoSox said:

That is the best defense I have seen in a very long time. Very well played UNM by all but 1. Mathis is a frickin' stud!

Furstinger is trash. Our weak azz conference won't do anything. That dude should be suspended for multiple games. The taunting over Haney in the first half and then a blow to the throat.

Get that guy outta here!!!

He's not trash. He was frustrated and blew it big time.  He'll sit a game at least.   And he'll never do it again.  

Solid game Lobos.  Weir looks like a solid hire and that's good for UNM and the MWC. 

8 minutes ago, edluvar said:

Who is the kid who was on the bench with the red gloves flipping the ref's off as they left the court and dropping F-Bombs on them?  Is he handicapped in someway?

Good question. Embarrassing look for the Lobos...granted I was saying a few words I would not say to my grandma, but I was in the stands and not on the Lobo bench. 

7 minutes ago, lobo81 said:

Good question. Embarrassing look for the Lobos...granted I was saying a few words I would not say to my grandma, but I was in the stands and not on the Lobo bench. 

was a pretty emotional game.  Lobos are going to be a hard game in the tournament.

Posted Image

1 hour ago, kalua pig said:

listen up gaucho.lots of games left in the big west.you already know cuz.

you got some work to do.

1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

congrats, boise. halfway through that game i was wishing you had played like you were tonight on saturday. good job on grinding out the win.

Boise has been winning games when they don't play their best. You could almost have switch the jerseys tonight and rewind five years. That's exactly how Boise would lose games to the New Mexico's and SDSU's back then. 

Boise isn't a dominant team, but finds ways to win. 

1 hour ago, PTR said:

As far as I'm concerned any win for UNM this season is playing with house money. The style and system that Weir is installing here will be fun when he gets some athletes to run it correctly. Boise is clearly the second best team in the conference and an at-large caliber tourney team imo.

I've been on the UNM bandwagon for a while. Weir is gunna do really well as long as he's there. They're top two next year. 

Happy to wake up and see the Broncos won — I was worried about this game. Now if they can beat Choo Choo and that fat fan in Logan, they’ll be in decent shape. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, lobo81 said:

Good game Boise. You guys had the composure when it counted - late.

This is new to Boise. UNM did this to Boise often. Boise has been really good closing games this year. That was a fortunate win for Boise. 

1 hour ago, WilliamHicks said:

Your defense is scary as hell. My God, don't let that coach go anywhere.  You are my 2nd favorite BB team right now. 

It's gunna be way better with the talent they have coming in next year. 

Chris Sengfelder - Duncan Donuts 2.0?  Big guy had himself a ball game and kept Boise in it with his rebounds.  Even hit a 3 in the final minute.

1 hour ago, Spot50B said:

If Boise State does end up with the #2 seed, I'm not sure which team would be a tougher matchup for a #2-#3 game-- UNLV at T&M or New Mexico...

UNM hasn't been very good away from home so I would definitely rather play the Lobos in that scenario....although I think Fresno will probably end up with the #3 seed....not to mention BSU has as good a shot as Nevada to end up #1.

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

Pretty classy game thread in spit of the incident at the end of the game. Good job, wolves and horses.  Hope you guys play in the tournament.

They tend to be cordial when UNLVfan isn't involved. 

tenor (1).gif