Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

POLL: Who You Got in the Cathouse Showdown?

Who You Got in the World Famous Cathouse Showdown?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who You Got in the World Famous Cathouse Showdown Between UNR and Nevada Southern?

• UNR Wolfpack: I've never liked granny anyway!
    • Nevada Southern: How can you bet against an elite final four caliber program that has never been beaten by an opponent?
    • Dre's Mom: As she's guaranteed to make some serious coin by "consoling" fans of the losing team.

6 hours ago, toonkee said:

Tonopah is sketchy.  I feel safer in most "bad" parts of LV than I do in Tonopah. 

With few exceptions the whole damn state of Nevada is sketchy as hell. Looks to me that Tonopah is strikingly similar to just about every other town in Nevada I've ever driven through.

1 hour ago, KingBronco said:

With few exceptions the whole damn state of Nevada is sketchy as hell. Looks to me that Tonopah is strikingly similar to just about every other town in Nevada I've ever driven through.

gotta disagree.. i'm antsy every time i drive through tonopah/goldfield, i can't get out of there soon enough.

3 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

gotta disagree.. i'm antsy every time i drive through tonopah/goldfield, i can't get out of there soon enough.

Goldfield is creepy, no doubt, but I kinda dig it.  It's like a somewhat living ghost town.

If something happened to you in Vegas and you needed help, you better hope a cop shows up and doesn't shoot you.   Everyone else would just drive by.

If you had a problem in Goldfield or anywhere in rural Nevada there would be people stopping to help anyone in obvious need.  Plus you could knock on someone's door and odds are they would help you.

I realize though how scary it is for city people to deal with rural folks who aren't scared to look you in the eye. 

19 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Stayed there twice...........outside of a bunch of clown dolls in the office y the signs in the front .......there is a clownish lack of clowns elsewhere as there is one 14" x 10" clown picture over each bed in the rooms - Also took a wander thru the old cemetery that is on the adjacent lot to the west 

Image result for clown motel cemetery

Man that's creepy! 

Was the owner's name "Bates"?   Was that a Mafia discount motel?  Was it in the dead center of town?  Are the neighbors a bunch of stiffs? Are people dying to go there?

Aaaaaaaaand I'm spent.

austin-omg.gif

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

7 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

If something happened to you in Vegas and you needed help, you better hope a cop shows up and doesn't shoot you.   Everyone else would just drive by.

If you had a problem in Goldfield or anywhere in rural Nevada there would be people stopping to help anyone in obvious need.  Plus you could knock on someone's door and odds are they would help you.

I realize though how scary it is for city people to deal with rural folks who aren't scared to look you in the eye. 

I live in logandale, (rural) and goldfield still creeps me out. But it is fascinating, I will agree to that. 

16 hours ago, toonkee said:

Goldfield is creepy, no doubt, but I kinda dig it.  It's like a somewhat living ghost town.

So you mean zombie town?

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg