Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wolfpack1

MWC Baseball 2018 Edition

1 hour ago, wolfpack1 said:

Arkansas defeats Texas Tech 7-4;

Oregon St defeats North Carolina 11-6; North Carolina is Eliminated 

Thanks for keeping us updated. 👍

On 6/21/2018 at 2:49 AM, wolfpack1 said:

Arkansas defeats Texas Tech 7-4;

Oregon St defeats North Carolina 11-6; North Carolina is Eliminated 

I still can't believe that the Pack had Oregon State beat both games and gave them away in the 9th inning or later with stupid errors both games. :shots:

4 hours ago, Slapdad said:

I still can't believe that the Pack had Oregon State beat both games and gave them away in the 9th inning or later with stupid errors both games. :shots:

They did but that was one of the games where the bullpen and pitching had problems in the late innings. But the last two years Oregon St has found ways to win games that everyone thought were over in the late innings.

The Final Four at the College World Series: Mississippi St, Arkansas, Oregon St and Florida.

Today's Schedule:

Mississippi St vs. Oregon St--Mississippi St wins they advance to College World Series final series, Mississippi St loses, they will play an elimination game tomorrow.

Arkansas vs. Florida--Arkansas wins they advance to College World Series final series; Arkansas loses they will play an elimination game tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

They did but that was one of the games where the bullpen and pitching had problems in the late innings. But the last two years Oregon St has found ways to win games that everyone thought were over in the late innings.

I appreciate that Oregon State has done that the past few years, but dropping a can of corn and making a boneheaded play on consecutive nights amounts to the Pack giving those games away rather than OSU finding a way to win. 

1 hour ago, Slapdad said:

I appreciate that Oregon State has done that the past few years, but dropping a can of corn and making a boneheaded play on consecutive nights amounts to the Pack giving those games away rather than OSU finding a way to win. 

Yeah but Nevada still had shots to win the games after that also. I guess its spilled milk now, but yeah those were fundimental mistakes they made in those games. 

6 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

Yeah but Nevada still had shots to win the games after that also. I guess its spilled milk now, but yeah those were fundimental mistakes they made in those games. 

Cal State Fullerton was hurt by fundamental mistakes too.  I don't think they would have won the CWS but they at least win a game if they hold off Washington.

5 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Cal State Fullerton was hurt by fundamental mistakes too.  I don't think they would have won the CWS but they at least win a game if they hold off Washington.

That did hurt them against Washington

THE FINAL SERIES/Either Oregon St or Arkansas will be your Baseball National Champions this year

Monday June 25th--Oregon St vs. Arkansas

Tuesday June 26th--Oregon St vs. Arkansas

Wednesday June 27th--Oregon St vs. Arkansas--If Necessary

There was a part of me rooting for Mississippi State.  Their walk-off hr to eliminate Florida State won me over, however briefly.