Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wolfpack1

MWC Baseball 2018 Edition

CSUN wins 6-3 at Cal State Fullerton.  For CSUN to have any chance at the BW auto bid, they must sweep the Titans.

Friday night victory in San Jose. Shane Timmons drives in all 6 runs!

SJSU 6

AFA 5

Spartans are going to the MWC tourney! :cheer::banana::Clapping:

1 hour ago, wolfpack1 said:

UNLV defeats Fresno St 7-3

UC-Davis defeats New Mexico 13-8

San Jose St defeats Air Force 6-5

Nevada defeats San Diego St 13-3 to win the regular season title.

I'm really proud of our Spartans. They were in dead last less than three weeks ago and now they're going to the MW tournament. What an awesome comeback under an interim Head Coach. If Hawkins doesn't return, SJSU had better choose Sanfilippo to replace him. You never know with our administration?

Congratulations Nevada! 

10 minutes ago, crixus said:

I'm really proud of our Spartans. They were in dead last less than three weeks ago and now they're going to the MW tournament. What an awesome comeback under an interim Head Coach. If Hawkins doesn't return, SJSU had better choose Sanfilippo to replace him. You never know with our administration?

Congratulations Nevada! 

Hawkins won't be returning, he resigned in February.  I'm guessing they'll most likely take the "interim" tag off of Sanfilippo's title after the season.

11 minutes ago, idkk said:

Hawkins won't be returning, he resigned in February.  I'm guessing they'll most likely take the "interim" tag off of Sanfilippo's title after the season.

Thanks idkk. The athletics website page I saw (below) still say's Hawkins is on leave. If anyone deserves a Head Coaching job at SJSU it's Sanfilippo. :rock:

http://www.sjsuspartans.com/sports/m-basebl/mtt/brad_sanfilippo_1066565.html

7 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

Nevada, San Diego St, San Jose St and UNLV will be the four teams playing in the tournament as Air Force and Fresno St were eliminated tonight. Congrats to the four teams.

SJSU beat FresNeck in both series this season. Those 4 wins were enough to knock FresNeck out, it just became official tonight. :rock: Air Force played us tough, kudos Falcons.

Next week in San Diego.....

By virtue of its victory and a loss by Air Force, the Scarlet & Gray secured a berth and the No. 4 seed at next week's MW Championship in San Diego. UNR claimed the regular-season title and the No. 1 seed with its 13-3 win over San Diego State, which will be the No. 2 seed. San Jose State earned the No. 3 seed after it defeated Air Force, 6-5. UNLV will open up the double-elimination tournament against UNR Thursday (May 24) at 1:30 pm. SDSU and SJSU will follow that evening at 6:00 pm.

The UNLV - Unr games will also determine who gets some points for the annual Governor's Series.  That and the schools sports teams APR will decide who wins the Series.  UNLV is currently in the lead at  24-18.

8 hours ago, crixus said:

SJSU beat FresNeck in both series this season. Those 4 wins were enough to knock FresNeck out, it just became official tonight. :rock: Air Force played us tough, kudos Falcons.

Naw ... it was UNLV yesterday - that's the one that counts.  Fresno did it to themselves ... 

The tournament is at SDSU despite the fact UNR won the regular season title. Holding the tourney in SD rather than Reno makes about as much sense as Hairball still having a job despite all the phuckups he's had.

Congrats to SAN! for the great finish but what happened to UNM this year?

https://twitter.com/SDSUBaseball/status/997799457885511685/photo/1

Boom goes the dynamite.

27 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

The tournament is at SDSU despite the fact UNR won the regular season title. Holding the tourney in SD rather than Reno makes about as much sense as Hairball still having a job despite all the phuckups he's had.

Congrats to SAN! for the great finish but what happened to UNM this year?

https://twitter.com/SDSUBaseball/status/997799457885511685/photo/1

San Diego was chosen before the season began.

San Jose St defeats Air Force 3-1; San Jose St will play San Diego St in the MWC Tournament Game 2

Nevada defeats San Diego St 12-10; will play UNLV in MWC Tournament Game 1

New Mexico defeats UC-Davis 11-7; NM will try to win their series tomorrow.

Fresno St defeats UNLV 9-8 by scoring 3 runs in the bottom of the ninth.

2 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

San Diego was chosen before the season began.

So it would have been at TG Stadium even if the Aztecs hadn't qualified? I get that the conference doesn't make much money from baseball but without SDSU playing attendance at the games would be in the dozens tops. And what will the weather be like when they decide to hold the thing in Colorado Springs? I just checked and it's a high of 47 there today with a windchill factor making it feel like 38.:blink:

Boom goes the dynamite.

16 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

So it would have been at TG Stadium even if the Aztecs hadn't qualified? I get that the conference doesn't make much money from baseball but without SDSU playing attendance at the games would be in the dozens tops. And what will the weather be like when they decide to hold the thing in Colorado Springs? I just checked and it's a high of 47 there today with a windchill factor making it feel like 38.:blink:

Yup it still would have been in San Diego even if Aztecs didn't qualify for it. However I believe this was the last year of predetermined spots. I think starting with the 2019 season, but not absolutely sure, whoever wins the regular season crown will host the tournament but again not 100% sure about that.

2018 Pre-Season Coaches Pick:

1. New Mexico

2. San Diego St

3. Fresno St

4. Nevada

5. UNLV

6. Air Force

7. San Jose St

2018 Final Conference Standings:

1. Nevada

2. San Diego St

3. San Jose St