Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wolfpack1

MWC Baseball 2018 Edition

4 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

Air Force defeats San Diego St 2-0 in Game 1

Air Force defeats San Diego St 12-7 in Game 2; AF will go for the sweep tomorrow

Fresno St defeats New Mexico 7-6 in 11 innings; FSU will go for the sweep tomorrow

San Jose St leading Nevada 9-8 in the 6th inning

UNM...:o

1 hour ago, LoboSage said:

UNM...:o

Yeah thought New Mexico would be close to the top but it is almost time I think for them to make one of their mid to late season runs here. 

I mean remember since 2011 only San Diego St or New Mexico has won the MWC baseball tournament

UCSB defeats UT-Rio Grande Valley 7-2. Going for the sweep tomorrow which would put us over .500 for the first time this season

Lobos swept by Fresno.

Fresno knocked the ball around all weekend but we were still a couple late inning opportunities from picking off two games in the series.

Too much offense to overcome...

Also MWC umpires...amirite?

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, LetTheFurFly said:

Lobos swept by Fresno.

Fresno knocked the ball around all weekend but we were still a couple late inning opportunities from picking off two games.

Too much offense to overcome...

Also MWC umpires...amirite?

There were some mind blowing calls all weekend.  They were awful. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

On 3/30/2018 at 7:07 AM, TheTedfordTrain said:

I’m convinced this is the season that finally justifies batesole getting fired. Keep getting blown the Fck out. 

We’re 6-0 since this post. FML. I swear he’s fcking with all of us. 

2 hours ago, NMpackalum said:

I don't know why they bother televising games at SJSU. They don't have cameras showing the outfield, not to mention the score board takes a huge part of the screen on every MWtv broadcast.

It's pretty funny.  They have the camera behind the plate & that's it.  You can see the mound & 2nd base, they don't follow the ball .  Sat. the audio wasn't working so you had to guess where the ball went & if they made a play by watching 2nd base & home plate.  At least today the audio was working so the announcer could tell you what was going on, still couldn't see anything.  

4 hours ago, NMpackalum said:

I don't know why they bother televising games at SJSU. They don't have cameras showing the outfield, not to mention the score board takes a huge part of the screen on every MWtv broadcast.

Wonder why that is. Games elsewhere are fine. 

4 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

There were some mind blowing calls all weekend.  They were awful. 

You should have seen the ump for the Nevada/SJS game. He wouldn't give the Nevada batters any time to get setup in the box and let the SJS pitcher throw when they had one leg out of the box holding their arm up for time. Then he called a suspect balk on the SJ pitcher to bring in a run which possibly cost them the game. 

11 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

You should have seen the ump for the Nevada/SJS game. He wouldn't give the Nevada batters any time to get setup in the box and let the SJS pitcher throw when they had one leg out of the box holding their arm up for time. Then he called a suspect balk on the SJ pitcher to bring in a run which possibly cost them the game. 

We definitely don’t have the best quality umps. Frustrating, for sure. 

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:48 PM, wolfpack1 said:

Yeah thought New Mexico would be close to the top but it is almost time I think for them to make one of their mid to late season runs here. 

I mean remember since 2011 only San Diego St or New Mexico has won the MWC baseball tournament

I've been a fan of Birmingham since day one...but, perhaps Lobos need a change.

2 hours ago, LoboSage said:

I've been a fan of Birmingham since day one...but, perhaps Lobos need a change.

Possibly but have also seen New Mexico toward the middle to the end of the season turn it on all of a sudden also. 

Nevada                11-4       17-12

UNLV                    7-5          23-11

San Diego St       8-6          21-11

Fresno St             7-8          20-11

Air Force              7-8          14-17

New Mexico      6-9          12-17-1

San Jose St          4-10       11-19

April 9th:

Nevada @ St. Mary’s

April 10th:

Air Force @ Seattle                                         NMSU @ New Mexico

Northridge @ Fresno St                                UC-Irvine @ San Diego St

Arizona St @ UNLV                                          SJSU @ Santa Clara

April 11th:

Air Force @ Seattle

April 13-15:

Air Force @ UNLV                                            Fullerton @ San Diego St

SJSU @ Fresno St                                             New Mexico @ Nevada