Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wolfpack1

MWC Baseball 2018 Edition

Mississippi State head coach Andy Cannizaro 'resigns' three games into the season.  He apologized for his "poor decisions."  Pitching Coach Gary Henderson will assume head coaching duties for this year.  MSU was 40-27 in 2017

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2018/02/19/mississippi-state-fires-baseball-coach-andy-cannizaro-reports/353817002/

11 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Typical Batesole mid week game. 

Yup.  I understand you want to find some pitching depth and try guys out, but those experiments usually lead to losses and kill any chance of an at large bid after the season.

2 hours ago, Cincy said:

Yup.  I understand you want to find some pitching depth and try guys out, but those experiments usually lead to losses and kill any chance of an at large bid after the season.

It could sometimes however mostly for west coast teams, their midweek games aren't that great on the schedule win or lose.

36 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

It could sometimes however mostly for west coast teams, their midweek games aren't that great on the schedule win or lose.

Our midweek games are usually against pretty good competition.  Big West and PAC 12 teams.  Although I don't think we're playing any PAC teams this year.

12 hours ago, Cincy said:

Our midweek games are usually against pretty good competition.  Big West and PAC 12 teams.  Although I don't think we're playing any PAC teams this year.

I think for some it is turning into more of a who is around us for an easy travel midweek game now. Money reasons I'm thinking