Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Their, There, and They're

16 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

With voice recognition, autofill, autocorrect, Etc on mobile devices, I have had instances where it picks the wrong word. Furthermore, people generally are not held to the same standard of grammar on social media as they would be in other venues.  In fact, arguing grammar is usually an indication that one does not have a rational argument in the current course of discussion. Rampant and repetitive grammatical errors might lead to illegitimate criticism, infrequent errors is of no legitimate concern.

Yep, spot on... when someone resorts to grammar smack (as many do on this board) the debate is already over.

v0icAvfW.jpg

30 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Yep, spot on... when someone resorts to grammar smack (as many do on this board) the debate is already over.

Hey! It’s spelled yeap!

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

1 hour ago, modestobulldog said:

With voice recognition, autofill, autocorrect, Etc on mobile devices, I have had instances where it picks the wrong word. Furthermore, people generally are not held to the same standard of grammar on social media as they would be in other venues.  In fact, arguing grammar is usually an indication that one does not have a rational argument in the current course of discussion. Rampant and repetitive grammatical errors might lead to illegitimate criticism, infrequent errors is of no legitimate concern.

He's not you or me.  He's the gd president and his written words should be proofread. These errors aren't slang or abbreviations. I'm truly sorry some of us don't expect better. My argument and criticism in this case is not of the meaning of his words but that he's an embarrassment.

3 hours ago, toonkee said:

He's not you or me.  He's the gd president and his written words should be proofread. These errors aren't slang or abbreviations. I'm truly sorry some of us don't expect better. My argument and criticism in this case is not of the meaning of his words but that he's an embarrassment.

He's playing to his base.  

Posted Image