Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Why does Trump feel it necessary to lie about such stupid shit?

Just now, WyomingCoog said:

Really? Saying more people watched his SOTU address is dangerous? How?

It's part of a plan to delegitimize everything but himself.  It's what all successful authoritarians do and it should really bother you. Think of every despot, dictator and authoritarian you can recall. 

Just now, toonkee said:

It's part of a plan to delegitimize everything but himself.  It's what all successful authoritarians do and it should really bother you. Think of every despot, dictator and authoritarian you can recall. 

It is a page right out of the Silmarillian and how Sauron came to power.

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I guess it is not surprising a man who believes the world is 6000 years old made with 4 billion year old rocks and fossils are tests from God would struggle with understanding numbers and their relevance. 

Exactly. 

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It is a page right out of the Silmarillian and how Sauron came to power.

So what you're saying is that we need to become really concerned if Trump starts giving rings out to his cabinet. 

1 hour ago, WyomingCoog said:

The main goal of ISIS is to kill Americans....whether they use airplanes, night clubs, restaurants, malls, etc. all things my family use and frequent. They are infinitely less powerful as a terrorist organization than they were this time 2 years ago. Do you disagree?

You're wearing your ignorance on your sleeve.  The main goal of ISIS is not to kill Americans. If that were the case they wouldn't have been so busy killing people in the middle east who aren't American.  P.S. - Their main goal is in their name.  Apparently hidden to some (you).

1 hour ago, WyomingCoog said:

Tell that to the families of the dead in Orlando....they weren’t in any danger either according to you. True or false, ISIS is a shell of their former selves because of the last year?

Are you off your meds?  Some loon who goes postal and pledged loyalty to ISIS during the event is not even remotely the same as a trained and planned assault financed and backed by the organization before it takes place.

And it's disgraceful of you to draw the comparison.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

8 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Nope....it's trolling

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

1 minute ago, Boise fan said:

Are you off your meds?  Some loon who goes postal and pledged loyalty to ISIS during the event is not even remotely the same as a trained and planned assault financed and backed by the organization before it takes place.

And it's disgraceful of you to draw the comparison.

ISIS claimed responsibility for it....did they not?

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

2 minutes ago, WyomingCoog said:

ISIS claimed responsibility for it....did they not?

ISIS would claim "responsibility" for anything if it benefits them.  Claiming is not the same as actually being involved.  I haven't seen anything that suggests they were involved at all, in fact the opposite.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2016/06/13/orlando-the-isis-connection-what-the-fbi-knew-and-the-weapon-of-choice/?utm_term=.ec4c94ec4d71

Just now, Boise fan said:

ISIS would claim "responsibility" for anything if it benefits them.  Claiming is not the same as actually being involved.  I haven't seen anything that suggests they were involved at all, in fact the opposite.|

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2016/06/13/orlando-the-isis-connection-what-the-fbi-knew-and-the-weapon-of-choice/?utm_term=.ec4c94ec4d71

A dude like that would have never existed, had ISIS not captured land, had success and carried that much influence. Guys like that were attracted to ISIS because of the power they possessed.... 

1 minute ago, WyomingCoog said:

A dude like that would have never existed, had ISIS not captured land, had success and carried that much influence. Guys like that were attracted to ISIS because of the power they possessed.... 

Oh yeah, I remember the good old days before ISIS when there were no terrorist attacks.

Actually I would argue guys like that would grasp onto anything to legitimize their own despicable acts.  There is no connection to ISIS before the event.  He wasn't radicalized by ISIS version of Islam, he wasn't trained or financed by them - nothing.  He just uttered their name in a phone call to the cops in the middle of massacring people, probably to justify it in his own twisted, rotted mind.

9 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

You're wearing your ignorance on your sleeve.  The main goal of ISIS is not to kill Americans. If that were the case they wouldn't have been so busy killing people in the middle east who aren't American.  P.S. - Their main goal is in their name.  Apparently hidden to some (you).

Just because you don't often accomplish something, doesn't mean it's not a priority. It's much harder to kill Americans considering their location. The Browns priority is winning Super Bowls, doesn't mean they're good at it.

Just because you don't often accomplish something, doesn't mean it's not a priority. It's much harder to kill Americans considering their location. The Browns priority is winning Super Bowls, doesn't mean they're good at it.

To understand what ISIS's goals are, first you have to understand what the acronym stands for.  Look it up.

Anything else is an after thought.

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

lol what "power"?

They  had a bunch of empty desert and a couple backwater towns. They never had any power. The only power they have is because provincial Americans like you view them as a bogeyman. 

ISIS controlled Mosul, parts of Tikrit and 1/3 or Iraq at one point and controlled more land than Israel or Lebanon and was making nearly $2 million per day in oil sales alone....but you're right, they had no power. 

1 minute ago, Boise fan said:

To understand what ISIS's goals are, first you have to understand what the acronym stands for.  Look it up.

Anything else is an after thought.

So is your argument that attacks on Americans is not a priority for ISIS? That's your point?

ISIS controlled Mosul, parts of Tikrit and 1/3 or Iraq at one point and controlled more land than Israel or Lebanon and was making nearly $2 million per day in oil sales alone....but you're right, they had no power. 

No, they really didn't. It was pretty much useless desert.