Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Why does Trump feel it necessary to lie about such stupid shit?

He would have needed another 16.5M watchers in order to beat GWB's SOTU in 2003. Hell, his SOTU didn't even beat his first address to Congress last year, missing that by 2.1M viewers. This ranks up there with the "largest inauguration crowd in history", and his "landslide" Electoral College victory --- it ranks in the bottom quartile in terms of EC percentage in history, and the bottom third since WWII. 

This isn't really an "attack Trump" thread either... I just don't understand the outright lies and blatant falsehoods that he peddles. Does he think he can just say whatever he wants and people will just blow it off as another Trump exaggeration? Or is this stuff that he actually believes? It just doesn't make any sense to me.  

He's a narcissist. He needs to inflate things, it's how he rationalizes his own ego.

Just ask The Tool.  He knows all about narcissism.

It's like they were separated at birth!

:D

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

He would have needed another 16.5M watchers in order to beat GWB's SOTU in 2003. Hell, his SOTU didn't even beat his first address to Congress last year, missing that by 2.1M viewers. This ranks up there with the "largest inauguration crowd in history", and his "landslide" Electoral College victory --- it ranks in the bottom quartile in terms of EC percentage in history, and the bottom third since WWII. 

This isn't really an "attack Trump" thread either... I just don't understand the outright lies and blatant falsehoods that he peddles. Does he think he can just say whatever he wants and people will just blow it off as another Trump exaggeration? Or is this stuff that he actually believes? It just doesn't make any sense to me.  

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/narcissistic-personality-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20366662

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

The sad thing is he believes his own crap. He's George Costanza

“When you look annoyed all the time, people think that you're busy.”

"I lie every second of the day. My whole life is a sham."

"Jerry, just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it."

14 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I'd really like to know why such a significant portion of the country believes this stuff, or at best, finds it acceptable.

I’ll tell you why....there’s a word for it “priorities” most Americans care about more money in their wallet, obliterating ISIS and keeping their families safe than tweets that troll the snowflakes. You’re whining about a tweet.....I’d like to know why people care so much about worthless tweets that impact literally nobody. If you’re going to make me more money and keep my family safe, you can tweet whatever the F u want. 

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

16 minutes ago, WyomingCoog said:

I’ll tell you why....there’s a word for it “priorities” most Americans care about more money in their wallet, obliterating ISIS and keeping their families safe than tweets that troll the snowflakes. You’re whining about a tweet.....I’d like to know why people care so much about worthless tweets that impact literally nobody. If you’re going to make me more money and keep my family safe, you can tweet whatever the F u want. 

When and why was your family ever less safe than they are now?  How is your family currently safer?

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

When and why was your family ever less safe than they are now?  How is your family currently safer?

The main goal of ISIS is to kill Americans....whether they use airplanes, night clubs, restaurants, malls, etc. all things my family use and frequent. They are infinitely less powerful as a terrorist organization than they were this time 2 years ago. Do you disagree?

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

21 minutes ago, WyomingCoog said:

Amazing how easy people accept lies if they are handed a little reward 

Toss out the rule of law, democracy & decency............cause I got a $1000 bonus & like the way a blowhard talks tough 

1 minute ago, WyomingCoog said:

The main goal of ISIS is to kill Americans....whether they use airplanes, night clubs, restaurants, malls, etc. all things my family use and frequent. They are infinitely less powerful as a terrorist organization than they were this time 2 years ago. Do you disagree?

Your family was never in any danger, statistically, of being killed by ISIS. 

1 minute ago, UNLV2001 said:

Amazing how easy people accept lies if they are handed a little reward 

Toss out the rule of law, democracy & decency............cause I got a $1000 bonus & like the way a blowhard talks tough 

What rule or law was broken with the tweet? I’ll wait....

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Your family was never in any danger, statistically, of being killed by ISIS. 

Tell that to the families of the dead in Orlando....they weren’t in any danger either according to you. True or false, ISIS is a shell of their former selves because of the last year?

1 minute ago, UNLV2001 said:

Can't or won't grasp the bigger reality ? 

Still waiting 

Just now, WyomingCoog said:

Tell that to the families of the dead in Orlando....they weren’t in any danger either according to you. True or false, ISIS is a shell of their former selves because of the last year?

Statistically your family was never in any danger.  This is a fact, not an opinion

You sound like the anti gun nuts