Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VandalPride97

Super Bowl

Landry is such a polarizing figure. 

I think he's a solid WR...top 5 in the league? No. I wouldn't pay him what he's asking, especially the $14-15 mil that he seems to be wanting to get paid. If we used him all over the field and he was getting 12-15+ YAC, it'd be one thing, but a solid 8-9? No. He's a slot guy, a glorified possession WR. We've had many go through here. To me, he's basically doing for us what we had OJ McDuffie (minus the toe problems) and Orande Gadsden (minus the 6'5'' height and dinner plate hands) do for us over the years. Bess and Hartline are two others I can think of that did similar things, as well. 

I think he's replaceable...I'd probably miss his intensity, but he's a bit of a pain in the ass and commits a lot of boneheaded penalties. Take his penalties, add them up, and how much does he really contribute? Brandon Marshall was a guy we had that was a pain in the ass, but he was a guy you could line up all over the field, not just in one place....a true #1 guy. I view Landry as a #2 at best. 

But...when I see people go..."Well, we can get Braxton Berrios to replace him! He's the next Wes Welker!" Why? Because he's a small undersized white receiver? People don't think about these things...they see one thing and make a generalization. Same thing with these QBs from small schools...well shoot, they've got to be the next Jimmy G!

Anyway...I think Landry can be replaced, but I'd consider bringing him back if the price is right. At Davante Adams money, I'd laugh in his face. We have too many issues to be paying him that much money. He's not the missing link to a Super Bowl. We have too many holes to be paying a possession WR $14 million a year to go out and commit dumb penalties every year. 

I view the slot as a complimentary piece. You can find someone to go there...either as a rookie or a low cost FA. They're out there, possession WRs aren't that hard to come by. 

I may get strung up for saying this, but I think Parker has the potential to be a much better WR than Landry is, should he ever get his head out of his ass and be able to stay on the field. He's got the size, the speed, and everything you look for in a WR. I'd be upset if we backed up the Brinks truck for Landry and Parker went out and balled out this year, and we lost him and he went on to have a fantastic career.

Quite a conundrum, but I really hope we don't cave in to Landry's demands. I'd rather get someone like Amendola in FA, roll the dice on Parker and find a guy or two in the draft. Let Landry be Cleveland's problem.

2 hours ago, RogueStout said:

Could not care less about this game.

Eagles fans are probably currently the worst in all US sports. Tough to root for them.

That's just the hardcore, uneducated segment (much like with BSU).  There is, I will admit, a general "go fuk yourselfness" mentality in this town.  Always has been.

Don't give a shit on this one except that a buddy of mine is from Boston and is a huge Patriots fan (of course).  We only get together twice a year, and one of those meet ups will occur in about two weeks.  He's insufferable when the Patriots win.  I don't care for either team, and am pretty sure I won't be watching if I can find a place to fish (my priority for this weekend).

Go Iggles.  I just threw up.

51 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Don't give a shit on this one except that a buddy of mine is from Boston and is a huge Patriots fan (of course).  We only get together twice a year, and one of those meet ups will occur in about two weeks.  He's insufferable when the Patriots win.  I don't care for either team, and am pretty sure I won't be watching if I can find a place to fish (my priority for this weekend).

Oops! Misread your post.

I’ll be a good wing man and hold your pony tail while you puke.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

On 2/2/2018 at 7:11 PM, Headbutt said:

I know for me personally, I also root against my friends happiness.

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Never mind... missed the PAT. 

9-3 Eagles

That’s what you get for prematurely posting.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Anyone got a stream? Fugging FUBOTV is espanol FFS,

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

How do you let him get that wide open?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater