Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jackmormon

Ben Carson caught up in ethics issues,

10 hours ago, retrofade said:

This seems to be standard operating procedure for the Trump Administration. They get told that something is a bad idea and that they shouldn't do it, and then they go and do it anyway.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rep-maxine-waters-charged-ethics-violations/story?id=11307872

I don’t think Trump people have a monopoly on suspect ethics. Carson hasn’t had enough time as a politician to perfect his game.

9 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rep-maxine-waters-charged-ethics-violations/story?id=11307872

I don’t think Trump people have a monopoly on suspect ethics. Carson hasn’t had enough time as a politician to perfect his game.

The amount of people in the Trump administration having ethical issues within the first year is pretty extreme. I’ll counter your Waters example from over seven years ago with Nunes last year and now his continued attempts to subvert the Inteligence Committee investigation. 

3 minutes ago, retrofade said:

The amount of people in the Trump administration having ethical issues within the first year is pretty extreme. I’ll counter your Waters example from over seven years ago with Nunes last year and now his continued attempts to subvert the Inteligence Committee investigation. 

I wasn’t aware that Nunes was part of the administration but I’ll raise you the 6 members of the congressional black caucus with ethics complaints.

24 minutes ago, pokerider said:

LOL,  give me a break.  omg you guys are so f... desperate. 

Ben Carson allowed his son to help organize an agency “listening tour”

and he benefited financially from it.

Out of curiosity, which of Trumps administration have ethics charges? I really couldn't care less honestly. Sure there are accusations of conflicts of interest like with Tillerson and Exxon but any official charges? The opposition charges the incumbent in every presidency. Obama had Clinton and her foundation, not to mention an admitted tax cheat for Treasury secretary. Bush had Cheney and Halliburton.

1 hour ago, rudolro said:

Let's add the head of the CDC who resigned yesterday. Is there one single person in Trump's orbit that isn't unethical?

So having $1000-$15000 in a Japanese tobacco company stock constitutes unethical behavior? Seems reasonable to remove herself as CDC chief but it seems to me a stretch.

14 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

So having $1000-$15000 in a Japanese tobacco company stock constitutes unethical behavior? Seems reasonable to remove herself as CDC chief but it seems to me a stretch.

Yeah, that seemed like a bit of a stretch to me also. I guess it's because tobacco is regulated by the CDC but couldn't she just divest herself of any tobacco stock? Makes me think there was maybe a little more to it.

18 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

The ethics of it isn't the amount but when she purchased the stock. 

4 hours ago, NMpackalum said:

I wasn’t aware that Nunes was part of the administration but I’ll raise you the 6 members of the congressional black caucus with ethics complaints.

You brought up a congresswoman that had nothing to do with the Obama administration. Nunes was a member of the Trump transition team. 

25 minutes ago, retrofade said:

You brought up a congresswoman that had nothing to do with the Obama administration. Nunes was a member of the Trump transition team. 

I never claimed that she was. I just responded that the Trump team has no monopoly on questionable ethics. Adam Schiff is just as fishy as Nunes. Is the transition team part of the executive branch. Honestly don't know and don't care. Plenty of unethical people on both sides in Congress. Term limits for all I say.

3 hours ago, rudolro said:

The ethics of it isn't the amount but when she purchased the stock. 

So she made an order to buy more than a dozen stocks, one of them a Japanese tobacco company after she was CDC director. She sold that one but she has other investments that she couldn't sell in a timely fashion due to contractual obligations. She's probably in a hedge fund. Sounds like a reasonable reason to step down. Poor financial decision, yes. Unethical If you say so. I'm guilty of buying (and not selling) a S&P 500 mutual fund and large cap stock funds that have tobacco and insurance companies in them though I'm adamantly against smoking and restriction of care for profit. Count me in the unethical crowd. I hope I can sleep tonight.

23 hours ago, renoskier said:

Yeah, that seemed like a bit of a stretch to me also. I guess it's because tobacco is regulated by the CDC but couldn't she just divest herself of any tobacco stock? Makes me think there was maybe a little more to it.

Was a private email server involved? 

Oh wait, that only affects Dems.

NM

:P

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism