Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

This is just straight up authoritarianism

6 minutes ago, pokebball said:

The supervisor, just like in each and every job.  Can there be a bad supervisor?  Absolutely.  Just like in each and every other job.

Here is the problem. Trump asked the White House Counsel to fire Mueller, and the FBI Director to fire McCabe.

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

I doubt Trump will fire Mueller. 

He won't have to.  He's methodically brainwashing the half baked ignorant and gullible into believing our Justice Department is full of cronies and corruption.   They'll be convinced that Mueller's findings will be fake news and the GOP will do nothing.

16 minutes ago, pokebball said:

The supervisor, just like in each and every job.  Can there be a bad supervisor?  Absolutely.  Just like in each and every other job.

Most supervisors are not political appointees, as they are in these cases.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

The only Tapeworms ever fired are those stealing, showing up to work drunk or not showing up at all.

http://www.govexec.com/management/2014/05/firing-federal-employees-isnt-easy-it-can-be-done/85423/

The federal workforce is made up of about 2.1 million employees. In fiscal 2013, only 9,559 employees were terminated or removed for discipline or performance, according to Office of Personnel Management statistics. 

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

So who do you recommend?

Fire the bottom 1% of workers for a given term of service every year. By the time people have worked for 30 years it means that 24% of the original crop will have been run out. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Man now I know what NVGIANT and old sd dude felt like during the Obama years.... Every little thing is the end of the world with the chicken littles. So much so everyone is desensitized to legitimate problems when they come up.....

Guest RoscoesDad
3 hours ago, aztech said:

He won't have to.  He's methodically brainwashing the half baked ignorant and gullible into believing our Justice Department is full of cronies and corruption.   They'll be convinced that Mueller's findings will be fake news and the GOP will do nothing.

They can easily be picked out be posting Hannity-Tucker meme's ad nauseum while claiming they are independents. 

Washington (CNN)Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein visited the White House in December seeking President Donald Trump's help. The top Justice Department official in the Russia investigation wanted Trump's support in fighting off document demands from House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes.

But the President had other priorities ahead of a key appearance by Rosenstein on the Hill, according to sources familiar with the meeting. Trump wanted to know where the special counsel's Russia investigation was heading. And he wanted to know whether Rosenstein was "on my team."
The episode is the latest to come to light portraying a President whose inquiries sometimes cross a line that presidents traditionally have tried to avoid when dealing with the Justice Department, for which a measure of independence is key. The exchange could raise further questions about whether Trump was seeking to interfere in the investigation by special counsel Robert Mueller, who is looking into potential collusion by the Trump campaign with Russia.

Also, Trump attempted to feed questions to republicans on the House Judiciary Committee prior to Rosenstein’s testimony.

As a further sign of the President's focus on Rosenstein's testimony, one of the sources said Trump also had suggested questions to members of Congress that they could ask Rosenstein. 
One line of inquiry Trump proposed lawmakers ask about was whether Rosenstein appointed Mueller as special counsel to investigate Russian meddling in the 2016 election because Mueller was not selected as FBI director. 

17 hours ago, jackmormon said:

Washington (CNN)Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein visited the White House in December seeking President Donald Trump's help. The top Justice Department official in the Russia investigation wanted Trump's support in fighting off document demands from House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes.

But the President had other priorities ahead of a key appearance by Rosenstein on the Hill, according to sources familiar with the meeting. Trump wanted to know where the special counsel's Russia investigation was heading. And he wanted to know whether Rosenstein was "on my team."
The episode is the latest to come to light portraying a President whose inquiries sometimes cross a line that presidents traditionally have tried to avoid when dealing with the Justice Department, for which a measure of independence is key. The exchange could raise further questions about whether Trump was seeking to interfere in the investigation by special counsel Robert Mueller, who is looking into potential collusion by the Trump campaign with Russia.

This crosses a line? LOL. CNN and their 'sources' make me laugh. Does no one remember this:

"I’m still enjoying what I’m doing, there’s still work to be done.  I’m still the President’s wing-man, so I’m there with my boy.  So we’ll see," Holder said in an interview on the Tom Joyner radio show.

https://www.politico.com/blogs/politico44/2013/04/eric-holder-im-still-the-presidents-wingman-160861

Nice to know how things work when the Attorney General is the president’s “wingman” and the president is the Attorney General’s “boy.” To give context this is after Fast and Furious where an American citizen and hundreds of Mexicans died. 

19 hours ago, jackmormon said:

Seems reasonable for a POTUS to me???

The World Needs More Cowboys!

15 hours ago, jackmormon said:

Also, Trump attempted to feed questions to republicans on the House Judiciary Committee prior to Rosenstein’s testimony.

As a further sign of the President's focus on Rosenstein's testimony, one of the sources said Trump also had suggested questions to members of Congress that they could ask Rosenstein. 
One line of inquiry Trump proposed lawmakers ask about was whether Rosenstein appointed Mueller as special counsel to investigate Russian meddling in the 2016 election because Mueller was not selected as FBI director. 

This also seems reasonable for a POTUS to me???

2 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

This crosses a line? LOL. CNN and their 'sources' make me laugh. Does no one remember this:

"I’m still enjoying what I’m doing, there’s still work to be done.  I’m still the President’s wing-man, so I’m there with my boy.  So we’ll see," Holder said in an interview on the Tom Joyner radio show.

https://www.politico.com/blogs/politico44/2013/04/eric-holder-im-still-the-presidents-wingman-160861

Nice to know how things work when the Attorney General is the president’s “wingman” and the president is the Attorney General’s “boy.” To give context this is after Fast and Furious where an American citizen and hundreds of Mexicans died. 

Did Obama ever ask Holder to fire someone he considered a legal threat? Did Obama ever ask him to spike an investigation.?

2 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Pumping the Assistant AG for information about what is going on in an investigation into him seems reasonable?

Communication is extremely reasonable and important.  You chose to characterize at "pumping" because of your agenda.