Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorthWestCowboy

OT: Chief Wahoo's swan song

11 hours ago, AztecSU said:

Says the male white man

A white, male, man? LOL...

What does color have to do with it? Or gender for that matter? What if I identify other than what I am?

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

Political correctness = weakness

Buncha overly sensitive pvssies...

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

Let's get rid of all mascots and make everyone's school colors gray. We'll have home/visitor jerseys like we use for scrimmages for all games. Let's just remove any identity from any team that way no one is offended. 

Now this is why politics should not be involved in sports, it has ruined our country and now it's ruining our entertainment. 

Now my question is how many people that are truly baseball fans are the ones crying out for this change?

15 hours ago, fearthefumanchu said:

Start with the small and meaningless, thenjoy maybe get to shit that matters later.. 

It's nice that you're the authority who gets to decide what matters to everyone, forever

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

18 hours ago, happycamper said:

Uh, that is entirely red, with buck teeth, a doofy smile, and a single feather headdress. Come on man

Besides the fact that it doesn't have buck teeth, it IS a cartoon. The Fighting Irish and the San Diego padre have cartoony features too.....that's the nature of a cartoon. 

22 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Besides the fact that it doesn't have buck teeth, it IS a cartoon. The Fighting Irish and the San Diego padre have cartoony features too.....that's the nature of a cartoon. 

The fact that you and others continue to compare Wahoo to the Fighting Irish, or even the now the Padres just shows a complete and totally inability to think critically. 

47 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

IT doesn't have buck teeth? Jesus Christ it's drawn as if it can only eat a liquid diet.

Furthermore, read the discussion above. Drawing a cartoon of yourself isn't the same as other people drawing a cartoon of you. This shit is not complicated

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

18 hours ago, AztecSU said:

Look at you, so full of contradiction. You instinctively realize it's probably the right thing to do, but if there isn't a measurable improvement in the quality of people's lives as a result than it won't be enough to do the right thing for you. This is what the 80's, Reagan, NeoCon liberals, and now hard libertarians have brought America. The end of the age of the golden rule and beginning of the age of what rules is gold.

We've become less racist and more open in the process, but conversely we are as selfish as ever...let's face it, people get bothered by these changes, not because they need or want Cleveland's logo to look like that, but because it's what's familiar to them, what they know. Who cares if it's the symbol of latent racism and a caricature that's highly inaccurate to others! I don't like change because I'm older now!

Wow, you sound so angry.  Take a chill pill

On 1/29/2018 at 3:35 PM, Broncomare said:

Pretty soon, they are going to come for the "Cowboys" symbol/name.  Although Steamboat is Wyoming's symbol.

On 1/29/2018 at 3:47 PM, pokebball said:

Rodeo isn't very popular with many of the snowflakes.  You may be closer to reality than you think.

Schools are already telling students not to dress as Cowboys for Halloween because it’s racist.  They’ll be next on the block. 

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

On 1/30/2018 at 1:48 AM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

They should change the name to the Tribe and hire local natives to redesign the logo.

And then in 30 years, white lefties will say Tribe is racist and demand it be changed. Until all teams are just a color, someone will be pissed. It’ll be the Miami Blue vs the Dallas Red in a super bowl one day. 

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

2 hours ago, brillio said:

Wow, you sound so angry.  Take a chill pill

lol, the only angry folks are snowflakes who get triggered if a mascot for a team they don't really follow changes. Somehow they think its an indictment of their culture so they cry about what is being taken away from them while ignoring how they appropriated someone else's culture for profit. 

19 hours ago, happycamper said:

No, that's idiotic and you know it.

If you call yourself a fat drunk slob, you're being descriptive or at least joking. If someone else calls you that, they're liable to get punched. That shit is insulting. 

If someone draws a cartoon of a fat drunk slob, would you be offended? 

14 hours ago, Lobo Amor said:

Now my question is how many people that are truly baseball fans are the ones crying out for this change?

I've been a Mets fan my entire life.

That logo is racist as shit

4 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

If someone draws a cartoon of a fat drunk slob, would you be offended? 

If some town in New Hampshire decided to call themselves the fighting wyomingites and their mascot was a fatass with a big red nose and the inability to say "ing" I'd wonder what the deal was

15 hours ago, Dogs4Me said:

A white, male, man? LOL...

What does color have to do with it? Or gender for that matter? What if I identify other than what I am?

My point is why would something that has nothing to do with you matter to you? IOW, as a white male non-native it is no surprise that you don't care this mascot is deeply offensive to NATIVE AMERICANS. Just like I don't care if people think or call Russians alcoholic sociopaths, what do I care, I'm not Russian. 

However, there is a difference between me not caring about that and whether or not it is offensive to Russians or others. All you guys are doing is revealing the selfish nature at the center of how you feel. Empathy totally overridden by the need to keep the familiar. Pathetic.

7 minutes ago, happycamper said:

If some town in New Hampshire decided to call themselves the fighting wyomingites and their mascot was a fatass with a big red nose and the inability to say "ing" I'd wonder what the deal was

Imagine if they made it the spitting image of DJT? I'm sure no one would mind or care, amirite?