Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Titus Young piece by LA Times

10 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

He was the best WR i have ever seen in college.

I still remember that catch he made for 60ish yards against UNR at the end of regulation in 2010.   Everyone except Ault knew the ball was going to Titus with I think 10ish seconds left.  Ault leaves the corner one on one with Titus and no Safety over.   Should have won the game if Brotzman would have converted.

Pretty common for people in their late teens early 20's to have onset of schizophrenia or a many other mental problems.   I actually have no idea what exactly happened and probably no one does if he hasn't spent a bunch of time with a doctor.

I knew you'd use this as an opportunity to get a shot at Ault in. Get over it man. There was an article after the 2010 game where the DC talked about getting dressed down after the play because deep safeties weren't back there. Ault knew you dipship...the DC dropped the ball. 

I doubt a concussion would manifest itself in the form of CTE that quickly. Bi-polar disorder is more likely, but even then, that is easily managed with medication. 

11 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

He was the best WR i have ever seen in college.

I still remember that catch he made for 60ish yards against UNR at the end of regulation in 2010.   Everyone except Ault knew the ball was going to Titus with I think 10ish seconds left.  Ault leaves the corner one on one with Titus and no Safety over.   Should have won the game if Brotzman would have converted.

Pretty common for people in their late teens early 20's to have onset of schizophrenia or a many other mental problems.   I actually have no idea what exactly happened and probably no one does if he hasn't spent a bunch of time with a doctor.

Watching this video made me sick to my stomach.  

5812325074_d6d40a5a2c_b.jpg

46 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

I doubt a concussion would manifest itself in the form of CTE that quickly. Bi-polar disorder is more likely, but even then, that is easily managed with medication. 

I believe that analysis is overly dismissive.

I'm not a doctor but I'd be willing to bet Titus has an underlying mental health condition that has been exasperated by both concussions and drug use.  It does not have to be this or that...it can be both.

8 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

I believe that analysis is overly dismissive.

I'm not a doctor but I'd be willing to bet Titus has an underlying mental health condition that has been exasperated by both concussions and drug use.  It does not have to be this or that...it can be both.

Agreed. I'd also throw in the effect that fame & money can have someone who might already have underlying mental issues. 

2 hours ago, Slapdad said:

Schizophrenia almost always manifests itself around that age.  The hearing voices, the corroborating stories people have that he was paranoid and thought he was always being followed would all indicate that.

3 hours ago, Slapdad said:

Agreed. I'd also throw in the effect that fame & money can have someone who might already have underlying mental issues. 

Which is why I consider my failures a blessing in disguise. Who knows how this could have turned out! 

20 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Which is why I consider my failures a blessing in disguise. Who knows how this could have turned out! 

You're unbearable as a nobody! Imagine the mess you'd be if you were famous.

14 hours ago, Slapdad said:

I knew you'd use this as an opportunity to get a shot at Ault in. Get over it man. There was an article after the 2010 game where the DC talked about getting dressed down after the play because deep safeties weren't back there. Ault knew you dipship...the DC dropped the ball. 

You're tied with 9 seconds left facing the best WR in football 60+ yards from the endzone.

If you're Ault you line up man to man in a run stopper defense, have to prevent them running out the clock!  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! 

If you are softbutt you defend your buttbuddy even though the video clearly shows the stupidity!  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

On 1/30/2018 at 1:56 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Schizophrenia almost always manifests itself around that age.  The hearing voices, the corroborating stories people have that he was paranoid and thought he was always being followed would all indicate that.

This.  I'm sure the hits didn't help, but the symptoms he is describing are consistent with underlying mental illness and cannot be explained by trauma.  I'll admit, when I thought he was just screwing up or doing stupid shit while he was high, there was a measure of schadenfreude.  Now, however, it's just a sad and terrible tragedy.  The onset age is pretty common - I had a great friend from high school/college and he started slipping around that age, now he's just gone mentally and it seems like there's nothing left of the original personality.  Mental illness is something that this country has inexcusably swept under the rug instead of tackling it head on.  It's right up there with the worst diseases and in some respects, is among the very worst.

9 hours ago, VandalPride97 said:

This.  I'm sure the hits didn't help, but the symptoms he is describing are consistent with underlying mental illness and cannot be explained by trauma.  I'll admit, when I thought he was just screwing up or doing stupid shit while he was high, there was a measure of schadenfreude.  Now, however, it's just a sad and terrible tragedy.  The onset age is pretty common - I had a great friend from high school/college and he started slipping around that age, now he's just gone mentally and it seems like there's nothing left of the original personality.  Mental illness is something that this country has inexcusably swept under the rug instead of tackling it head on.  It's right up there with the worst diseases and in some respects, is among the very worst.

I’m nominating this for Post of the Week. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg