Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

Emotional support animals

I have stated that flying on the airlines is the drizzling shits, but this fraud of emotional support animals is making me more determined not to fly. I have no problem with documented service animals.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/travel/growls-are-growing-over-delta-s-new-rules-flying-service-n841376

110926run_defense710.jpg

Hate this shit.  I did 77000 miles last year so I spent a fair amount of time in airports.  I am so sick of watching dogs hop on food counters, dogs shitting in the airport,  dog fights and dogs attacking random people.  I applaud Delta for this.

Legit service animals are fine,  but Polly's poodle is not, if you can't leave your dog at home for a few days then you shouldn't own a dog.  

I am glad I have 6 weeks of vacation and 10 days of holiday. Plus I work a 9/80 schedule, get every other Friday off.  Whenever possible, I drive across country. It is better to stop at Star Plunge mineral hot springs and the Greybull Hotel in Wyoming.

110926run_defense710.jpg

44 minutes ago, edluvar said:

Why is it against the law to ask for papers or proof the animal is trained and is a legit service/support animal?    

Stimulate tort activity and associated lawyer activity.

110926run_defense710.jpg

3 hours ago, edluvar said:

Why is it against the law to ask for papers or proof the animal is trained and is a legit service/support animal?    

It isn't against the law to ask, but anyone can falsify papers there is no authority.

This is what happens when idiots make laws.

56 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

It isn't against the law to ask, but anyone can falsify papers there is no authority.

This is what happens when idiots make laws.

You're wrong blues.

There are only two questions that can be asked.

1. Is the animal required because of a disability? 

2. What work or task has the animal been trained to perform?.

That's it and no paperwork or proof is required. And you can't ask for details about the disability or ask for the animal to prove its ability to perform whatever task the owner says it performs. 

It all falls under the ADA.

People use this to their advantage all the time.