Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Article on Redirects

For those interested, this is the bs I face with the redirects.  It’s an industry wide problem unfortunately  

https://www.fastcompany.com/40516897/a-new-wave-of-bad-ads-is-hijacking-even-top-tier-websites

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, nirv117 said:

I just assume you're also using our web browsers to mine for crypto-currency each time we visit the site... ;)

:hmmm: that sounds like a good idea. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

What’s annoying is that I can’t simply press the back button or re-enter the address up top- doesn’t work. I have to close the window to start over again. At least it’s not as bad as the 247 boards. Those boards are a serious shit storm. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

2 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

What’s annoying is that I can’t simply press the back button or re-enter the address up top- doesn’t work. I have to close the window to start over again. At least it’s not as bad as the 247 boards. Those boards are a serious shit storm. 

I’ve found that if I hold down the back button, I can locate the page I was on and go back to it. But that’s for my iPhone. I don’t know if that works on other platforms.  Sorry.  

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I’ve found that if I hold down the back button, I can locate the page I was on and go back to it. But that’s for my iPhone. I don’t know if that works on other platforms.  Sorry.  

Good tip. I’m on an iPhone 99 percent of the time 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

Chrome for Android is a freakin disaster when it comes to these things. Firefox seems to do little better.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

8 hours ago, Brew_Poke said:

Adblockers. Problem solved.

Sure but adblockers take money out of my pocket. 

On 1/24/2018 at 5:30 PM, SDSUfan said:

Chrome for Android is a freakin disaster when it comes to these things.

Yes it is.  Makes the site nearly unusable from my phone.

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

24 minutes ago, ExplorerSunDevil said:

I just got redirected to the bottom of the page to watch an advert, is that the problem that is being referenced here?

Yes.  

On 1/25/2018 at 8:56 AM, mugtang said:

Sure but adblockers take money out of my pocket. 

Use a less-scummy ad service? I don't have much pity for your specific situation. You're monetizing content that we create. Now if your plans for original content that you have been talking about get off the ground, I'll think differently and be more likely to support you with a subscription, but I will never not use adblockers as long as they work.

3 hours ago, Brew_Poke said:

Use a less-scummy ad service? I don't have much pity for your specific situation. You're monetizing content that we create. Now if your plans for original content that you have been talking about get off the ground, I'll think differently and be more likely to support you with a subscription, but I will never not use adblockers as long as they work.

This place ain't free to run brah.   Be happy there is a good place to discuss mwc sports.   Ads are a small price to pay.  

Posted Image