Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LaradiseCowboy

Final Nod to the Josh Allen Hype Train

11 hours ago, RogueStout said:

It is interesting to me. I mean, Rookie salaries are set based on Draft order/Position right? So I guess I can see where somebody says "Why should I give an Agent 30% of my $$ (or whatever it is) if he can't do anything about the contract. At the same time, it sounds like GM's are trying to coordinate things with her and she is clueless or just not available, so she may be costing him (or more accurately he is costing himself) a lot of money if teams just won't draft a guy because they found him to be not engaged. 

I guess we will see where he ends up getting picked. 

You're way off on that number. I'm pretty sure it's more like 3%. And I would imagine even though the salary might be set, the terms aren't. Also, doesn't include possible endorsement deals. A player would have to be a complete idiot to try and do that on his own to try and save a measly 3%. 

Mel Kiper's 2018 'Grade: A' three-round mock draft

The ground rules:

1. At each slot, I make a pick in the best interest of only the team with the pick

2. No trades. I try to address team needs, but as with the actual draft, value can supersede need.

3. I'm not projecting picks. This is more of a look at where I see value up and down the board, based on my rankings.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/insider/story/_/id/23096726/grade-2018-nfl-mock-draft-all-32-teams-mel-kiper-plays-gm-three-rounds-first-100-picks

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

12 hours ago, kingpotato said:

You're way off on that number. I'm pretty sure it's more like 3%. And I would imagine even though the salary might be set, the terms aren't. Also, doesn't include possible endorsement deals. A player would have to be a complete idiot to try and do that on his own to try and save a measly 3%. 

Looked into it a little and it sounds like you're right. I was just figuring that most of these guys are Lawyer types (at least they used to be) and those guys usually take about a third as their cut.  

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

So right now still with 2 weeks to go, I don't think Allen is in the top 4 picks.  I suspect Cleveland takes Darnold at #1, Giants take Rosen #2 and Jets go for Mayfield at #3.  I haven't seen anything that says Jets are interested in Josh Allen.  Then Cleveland probably will take Barkley or Chubb at #4.  I just don't think Broncos will take a QB in the first round after the Paxton Lynch pick and they will take Chubb if they can get him.   The next several teams - Indy, Tampa, Chicago, SF, Oakland and Miami aren't likely to take a QB in first round either.  Allen could end up to Buffalo at #12 or Arizona at #15.  Or some team could trade with one of these to move up and get Allen as well.  But right now I don't see him as a top 4 pick. 

1 hour ago, pokerider said:

So right now still with 2 weeks to go, I don't think Allen is in the top 4 picks.  I suspect Cleveland takes Darnold at #1, Giants take Rosen #2 and Jets go for Mayfield at #3.  I haven't seen anything that says Jets are interested in Josh Allen.  Then Cleveland probably will take Barkley or Chubb at #4.  I just don't think Broncos will take a QB in the first round after the Paxton Lynch pick and they will take Chubb if they can get him.   The next several teams - Indy, Tampa, Chicago, SF, Oakland and Miami aren't likely to take a QB in first round either.  Allen could end up to Buffalo at #12 or Arizona at #15.  Or some team could trade with one of these to move up and get Allen as well.  But right now I don't see him as a top 4 pick. 

If I'm a Wyo fan, I'd want NYG to take Allen. Good franchise with a year or two to learn. Good skill positions around him to help. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

2 hours ago, pokerider said:

Allen continues to be flown between NY, Cleveland and Denver for workouts.  Nobody's made up their mind yet.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Mel Kiper also promised that if Jimmy Clausen wasn’t a star in this league he’d retire. 

Josh Allen is Brock Osweiler with mobility. 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

Did Browns GM Reveal Team’s Plan For No. 1 Pick In 2018 NFL Draft?

“You all laugh at me when I say it, but I think hand size is important,” Dorsey said Thursday, per Cleveland.com’s Mary Kay Cabot. “With that being said, hand size in November and December, when it’s snowing, raining, it’s getting muddy. We all know the elements in Cleveland are going to play a role.”

If you choose to read into Dorsey’s note about hand size, Josh Allen topped the charts at February’s Scouting Combine. As Cabot pointed out, the Wyoming product was the only quarterback prospect in this year’s class to measure at 10-plus inch hands.

https://nesn.com/2018/04/did-browns-gm-reveal-teams-plan-for-no-1-pick-in-2018-nfl-draft/amp/

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

“I mean, Josh Allen could not even beat Eastern Michigan! That’s the worst, it’s the worst of all the Michigan directional schools!”

”He’s got a rocket arm, he’s got a ROCKET arm, but it looks like it was designed by the North Koreans.”

:lol::lol: