Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LaradiseCowboy

Final Nod to the Josh Allen Hype Train

17 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

"Social justice" is anything but. He lacks any real experience outside of the bubble of privelige he's spent his whole life in. His choices based on a clear lack of serious analysis and critical thought speak volumes.

Your definition of social justice may be different than his and mine as well. I disagree with his messaging, venue and choice of symbols but I certainly think he has thought carefully about the repercussions to his career. Open any newspaper or media source and you will be hard pressed to find anyone who doesn't live in a bubble of privilege who has no issues expressing their opinions. I don't think you have any basis in fact to believe that he hasn't analyzed seriously his actions and more likely his actions seem well thought out to elicit more of a reaction than the usual "angry black man" rage. Just my 2 cents and I'll refrain from distracting from the Josh Allen hype train anymore.

8 hours ago, NMpackalum said:

Your definition of social justice may be different than his and mine as well. I disagree with his messaging, venue and choice of symbols but I certainly think he has thought carefully about the repercussions to his career. Open any newspaper or media source and you will be hard pressed to find anyone who doesn't live in a bubble of privilege who has no issues expressing their opinions. I don't think you have any basis in fact to believe that he hasn't analyzed seriously his actions and more likely his actions seem well thought out to elicit more of a reaction than the usual "angry black man" rage. Just my 2 cents and I'll refrain from distracting from the Josh Allen hype train anymore.

Social justice is a euphemism, nothing more. It's ends are rooted in Utopian concepts, its history is littered with millions of murders. People who buy into the notion are rationalizing feelings rather than using reason to empirically arrive at a values system that is coherent and consistent.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

11 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

Social justice is a euphemism, nothing more. It's ends are rooted in Utopian concepts, its history is littered with millions of murders. People who buy into the notion are rationalizing feelings rather than using reason to empirically arrive at a values system that is coherent and consistent.

I don't disagree. Kaep is not the only one. A large swath of the population both right and left are afflicted.

14 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

Vanian, you have no idea what you're talking about. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 3/27/2018 at 1:10 PM, happycamper said:

that's how I feel too.

For that matter, the dude has made what, 70 million? dollars over his career. His contribution to the national conversation about police, protesting in general, and athlete activism has to be far greater than what 70 mil could buy you - and at the end of the day he can easily retire to live a life of luxury, doing whatever he wants to do, forever. Having a 10 figure bank account allows you to take serious risks that almost nobody else can even contemplate. 

10 figure?  Counting the cents after the decimal point?

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

10 figure?  Counting the cents after the decimal point?

Yeah I meant "8 figure". Logarithmic scale is hard you guys

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 3/29/2018 at 12:27 PM, POKE FAN said:

Funny how the 'skill' positions with the exception of QB score lower than the big uglies on the O-line.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonderlic_test#Median_score_by_profession

Wonderlic Median score by profession[edit]

Listed are a sample of median scores by profession on the Wonderlic test from 1983. The scores are listed in descending numerical order, and professions with the same score have been alphabetized.[13]

Average score in the NFL by position[edit]

Though used in a variety of settings, the Wonderlic test has become best known for its use in the NFL's Scouting Combine. According to Paul Zimmerman's The New Thinking Man's Guide to Pro Football, the average score of a NFL player according to position is the following:[24]

An average football player usually scores around 20 points.[7] Most teams want at least 21 for a quarterback.[25]

Some notable players who scored well below the average include:

Some notable players who scored well above the average include:

I can’t believe Lamar Jackson scored a 13....that is embarrassing. Apparently he also doesn’t have an agent and his mom is his manager (he also opted out of the 40 yard dash).

Who is advising this kid at his university???

Also interesting to note the Wonderlic scores by school:

WYO - 37

UCLA - 29

USC - 28

OU - 25

UL - 13

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

“The league announced on Thursday a list of 22 prospects that will attend the event as guests of the NFL. USC's Sam Darnold, UCLA's Josh Rosen and Wyoming's Josh Allen will be in Dallas for the draft, along with Louisville's 2016 Heisman Trophy winner, Lamar Jackson. The draft will be held in Arlington, Texas, at AT&T Stadium.

Players that attend the draft arrive early in the week and participate in various pre-draft activities before settling into the green room on Thursday night to await the call of a lifetime. Other top prospects attending the draft include Penn State RB Saquon Barkley, N.C. State DE Bradley Chubb, Alabama DB Minkah Fitzpatrick, Florida State S Derwin James, LSU RB Derrius Guice and Washington DT Vita Vea. Also attending will be Central Florida LB Shaquem Griffin, who is attempting to become the first one-handed NFL player in the modern era.”

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000925222/article/lamar-jackson-among-22-prospects-attending-2018-nfl-draft?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3Dstory&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3Dcollege-football&p.ct=CFB 24%2F7&p.adsm=false&p.tcm=%23ffffff&p.bgc1m=%23000000&sr=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

On 3/28/2018 at 3:34 PM, VandalPride97 said:

I really hope he doesn't go to Cleveland.  That shit organization will ruin and squander the "upside" everyone is blathering about.  To be crystal clear: Fuk Cleveland.

www.draftjoshallen.com

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 4/1/2018 at 10:50 PM, LaradiseCowboy said:

I can’t believe Lamar Jackson scored a 13....that is embarrassing. Apparently he also doesn’t have an agent and his mom is his manager (he also opted out of the 40 yard dash).

Who is advising this kid at his university???

It is interesting to me. I mean, Rookie salaries are set based on Draft order/Position right? So I guess I can see where somebody says "Why should I give an Agent 30% of my $$ (or whatever it is) if he can't do anything about the contract. At the same time, it sounds like GM's are trying to coordinate things with her and she is clueless or just not available, so she may be costing him (or more accurately he is costing himself) a lot of money if teams just won't draft a guy because they found him to be not engaged. 

I guess we will see where he ends up getting picked. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

11 hours ago, RogueStout said:

It is interesting to me. I mean, Rookie salaries are set based on Draft order/Position right? So I guess I can see where somebody says "Why should I give an Agent 30% of my $$ (or whatever it is) if he can't do anything about the contract. At the same time, it sounds like GM's are trying to coordinate things with her and she is clueless or just not available, so she may be costing him (or more accurately he is costing himself) a lot of money if teams just won't draft a guy because they found him to be not engaged. 

I guess we will see where he ends up getting picked. 

I think it’s more a detriment than anything else. Who wants to draft someone that can’t even be reached for pre-draft workouts??

Jackson is on the short list for NFL Draft attendees in Dallas, so I’m assuming he will be picked up in the first round. In terms of raising their draft stocks post-season I’d give JA an A+ (all homerism aside) and Jackson a D-.