Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LaradiseCowboy

Final Nod to the Josh Allen Hype Train

1 hour ago, Gabe H. Cuod said:

Excited to see what Josh Allen will do in the senior bowl. 

It'll go a long way towards clearing up the most common question of accuracy and performance against high-level competition.

How high do you think he will go?

Do you think the MWC will climb the ladder of conferences with NFL draftees?

It'll be interesting. I think Allen is by far the best QB to ever wear the MWC-Cubed logo patch.

That logo patch represents the new wave MWC. Post-WAC merger/expansion.

Most of the other NFL-eligible QBs were either midgets or poor-mans versions of somebody better.

Josh Allen is this MWC's first real stud.

When did you start following the conference, last year?

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

I don't believe the OP follows the MWC or a MWC team.

However, as great as Josh Allen is, I actually feel a little bit bad for the rest of the conference knowing that Wyoming has a QB coming in next year with even more talent.  Anyone want to take a guess as to what MWC QB records will remain after Isaiah Ramsey finishes his career at Wyoming?

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/147195/5a2 ... 0e00411b0d 

3 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

However, as great as Josh Allen is, I actually feel a little bit bad for the rest of the conference knowing that Wyoming has a QB coming in next year with even more talent.  Anyone want to take a guess as to what MWC QB records will remain after Isaiah Ramsey finishes his career at Wyoming?

Here's one:  The Record for the Most Over-Hyped QB will remain untouched. :ph34r:

34 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

If he throws for under 2k yards and 16/6 TDs/int his senior year, color me less than impressed. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

North Team Senior Bowl Practice is on ESPNU now until 2:30 pm CT. Started with Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield both mic’d up and taking reps. Conversation trend seems to be Mayfield’s accuracy/small size and JA’s rocket arm/poor accuracy.

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

This really says a lot.

JA is a gamble for sure! Really needs to focus on touch and accuracy. How was this not identified by the “QB guru” a year ago, not to mention the coaching staff.

Can accuracy be coached and/or developed??

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

From what I saw which was not even close to everything. He struggled early in practice some but ended the final 11 on 11 strong. Hit a relatively easy crossing route then had a rollout deep throw along the sideline(which seems to be his signature) that the WR couldn't haul in but the ESPN guys were very impressed by said it was almost perfect.

He has a lot of work to do but his upside is going to entice a team to take him early. I hope he learns fast and needs to work on his footwork to help him become more accurate. He has a huge chip on his shoulder so I know he will put in the work.

22 minutes ago, roughrider said:

So the pool now is who from the MWC goes higher than Allen?

QB's go high because they are priced cheap for 5 years.  I think Allen will be the first MWC player selected on draft day but Michael Gallup and Cedrick WIlson are doing well at the Senior Bowl workouts.

Just now, Swoll Cracker said:

QB's go high because they are priced cheap for 5 years.  I think Allen will be the first MWC player selected on draft day but Michael Gallup and Cedrick WIlson are doing well at the Senior Bowl workouts.

As is Austin Corbett. He should be the highest linemen from the MW drafted. New projections have him as high as the 2nd.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman